• Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 07 August 2011 - 11:12 PM

View PostStretchmarks, on 07 August 2011 - 11:04 PM, said:

WRONG!

Yeah, there's a gladius for RBGS... it just ... doesn't work... 90% of the time.

#43 Yukio

Yukio
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction 2/2/2/0/2/0

Posted 07 August 2011 - 11:12 PM

View PostFilovirus, on 07 August 2011 - 09:58 PM, said:

I seem to recall Maynard Keynes making a similar argument, but with disastrous results. You must be careful when combining the interrogative with the existential; even Socrates himself knew this was dangerous. I think this quotation from the late Kant would accurately support your thesis, "All thought must, directly or indirectly, by way of certain characters, relate ultimately to intuitions, and therefore, with us, to sensibility, because in no other way can an object be given to us".

Wow you took the "Dr." part of your rename seriously.  And what exactly inspired you to choose the name drfilophd with your rename?

B)

#44 Ecliptium

Ecliptium
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/2/1/0/.

Posted 08 August 2011 - 01:14 AM

View PostRith, on 07 August 2011 - 11:01 PM, said:

Look at you just name dropping philosophers left and right.

As a professor of philosophy I feel my "name dropping" is quite justified. Please stop committing bandwagon fallacies as they simply lead us down a slippery slope.

Edited by Ecliptium, 08 August 2011 - 01:21 AM.

#45 Charred

Charred
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 08 August 2011 - 02:48 AM

View PostEcliptium, on 08 August 2011 - 01:14 AM, said:

As a professor of philosophy I feel my "name dropping" is quite justified. Please stop committing bandwagon fallacies as they simply lead us down a slippery slope.

I'd find it quite badass if my prof of law philosophy were a multi glad player actually ;o
Posted Image

Official Blizzard Quote:

Battlegrounds are like ducks.
No wonder PVP is fucked up.

#46 linky

linky
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage

Posted 08 August 2011 - 05:10 AM

View PostEvolute, on 08 August 2011 - 01:46 AM, said:

nice disperse, bro

Can't figure out what you're referring to lol... are you saying spriests are easy and have no skill set?  Or is this something directed at me that I'm just missing? =P

#47 Evolute

Evolute
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 August 2011 - 05:59 AM

View Postlinky, on 08 August 2011 - 05:10 AM, said:

Can't figure out what you're referring to lol... are you saying spriests are easy and have no skill set?  Or is this something directed at me that I'm just missing? =P

I quoted the wrong worgen LOL

It's an inside joke. I mean no harm. <3

Edited by Evolute, 08 August 2011 - 06:00 AM.

Posted Image

#48 linky

linky
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage

Posted 08 August 2011 - 06:59 AM

View PostEvolute, on 08 August 2011 - 05:59 AM, said:

I quoted the wrong worgen LOL

It's an inside joke. I mean no harm. <3

:o Whoa, I'm showing as Worgen!  Weird, because my druid's never been worgen before.

Oh, I know why.  When I server xferred I made a worgen druid named kitsel on skullcrusher.  It must be assuming I'm the level 10 worgen on SC /flex :P

Edited by linky, 08 August 2011 - 07:00 AM.

#49 Rith

Rith
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Demonology 0/0/1/0/0/2
  • RBG: 2312

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:38 AM

View PostEcliptium, on 08 August 2011 - 01:14 AM, said:

Thats pretty cool, what school do ya teach at?

#50 Starcookie

Starcookie
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 08 August 2011 - 01:33 PM

View PostLawson, on 07 August 2011 - 05:44 AM, said:

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!  I learned a cookie cutter strat with 2 other people and got a gladiator title!! I should be able to play CTF with everyone!  I'm a rank 1 gladiator!!  It doesn't matter that Reckful and his friends get pissed on on the reg.  I'm a fucking gladiator.  I have a rank 1 title!!  I'm good at RBGS too, even though my W/L is average at best.

Shut the fuck up.

mmm... You seem to be trolling a lot lately my friend. Might want to calm it down.

Having played RBG's with a 2600 group both this and last season, I can safely say I won't be stepping foot in there again for the rest of the season. There is no skill to sitting out, waiting for flag debuffs, blanket silencing both healers and critting the FC for 50k with Mind Spike into a 50k death. Add a rogue's damage, and the FC just dies.

#51 Nycto

Nycto
  • Junkies

Posted 08 August 2011 - 02:02 PM

i turn down gladiators for rbgs if they dont have 2.2+ rbg rating, don't see the problem here.

#52 Bailamosx

Bailamosx
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Guardian 2/1/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1558
  • 3v3: 959
  • RBG: 2322
  • LocationUnder the freeway.

Posted 08 August 2011 - 02:47 PM

View PostStarcookie, on 08 August 2011 - 01:33 PM, said:

mmm... You seem to be trolling a lot lately my friend. Might want to calm it down.

Having played RBG's with a 2600 group both this and last season, I can safely say I won't be stepping foot in there again for the rest of the season. There is no skill to sitting out, waiting for flag debuffs, blanket silencing both healers and critting the FC for 50k with Mind Spike into a 50k death. Add a rogue's damage, and the FC just dies.

A rogue's damage? Really? You mean the gimmick of smoke bomb I hope.

Wish people would be more open-minded and accepting that a large quantity of PVPers may actually enjoy RBGs now more than arenas. Also, I don't think you have the experience that Lawson and I have leading them to make such judgement statements. Try organizing an entire network of people on your server, leading groups, calling out strategies each game based on enemy compositions, coordinating everyone's position throughout the entire game and making sure everyone does their job perfectly against another competitive team full of top talent before minimalizing it to a couple abilities and a death. A lot more going on than that.

I could also point out that many would think you're lame because you're running double healer frost dk at the moment. I don't though. Frankly, I don't care what you do in your arenas because its your prerogative what you do for fun in your spare time. I just wish that many top arena players would grant that same courtesy upon what they seemingly regard as an "inferior" RBG side of the game. To me, it's a different dynamic that I can see excitement, talent, and strategy with my success in.

Edited by Bailamosx, 08 August 2011 - 02:53 PM.

Bailamos / World's R1 RBG Leader

http://rbgs.tv/

Posted Image Posted Image

#53 Ellonija

Ellonija
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2608
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 08 August 2011 - 03:01 PM

it's like pvp vs pve all over again  :lol:
Sound the charge into glory ride
Over the top of the vanquished pride

By moonlight we ride
Ten thousand side by side

#54 Starcookie

Starcookie
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 08 August 2011 - 03:32 PM

View PostBailamosx, on 08 August 2011 - 02:47 PM, said:

A rogue's damage? Really? You mean the gimmick of smoke bomb I hope.

Wish people would be more open-minded and accepting that a large quantity of PVPers may actually enjoy RBGs now more than arenas. Also, I don't think you have the experience that Lawson and I have leading them to make such judgement statements. Try organizing an entire network of people on your server, leading groups, calling out strategies each game based on enemy compositions, coordinating everyone's position throughout the entire game and making sure everyone does their job perfectly against another competitive team full of top talent before minimalizing it to a couple abilities and a death. A lot more going on than that.

I could also point out that many would think you're lame because you're running double healer frost dk at the moment. I don't though. Frankly, I don't care what you do in your arenas because its your prerogative what you do for fun in your spare time. I just wish that many top arena players would grant that same courtesy upon what they seemingly regard as an "inferior" RBG side of the game. To me, it's a different dynamic that I can see excitement, talent, and strategy with my success in.

He's unholy. We're playing it because it counters any and every feral team, and that is all that queues. Any competent wizard cleave is easily capable of beating us.

Rogue's with +70% damage ontop of a Shadow Priest can kill any flag carrier within a few seconds. All it takes is fear, trinket, blanket silence, disarm other, spike, blast whilst rogue stuns. I still see people who are 2400+ in RBG's, and yet backpedle and have no awareness of what certain spells even do. 3 people struggle to carry 1 person. 10 people can easily carry 2-3.

RBG's have a very much likeness to PvE. If you have one or two players that can make quick calls and work out strategies for the 4 maps, then you're going to succeed. You don't need every player to be good, you just need some to be good. Again, very much like 5v5 - You can carry a single person there by just having the leaders call what to do. 3v3, to the rank 1 spot, is very difficult to carry anybody.

#55 Bailamosx

Bailamosx
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 08 August 2011 - 03:47 PM

View PostStarcookie, on 08 August 2011 - 03:32 PM, said:

RBG's have a very much likeness to PvE. If you have one or two players that can make quick calls and work out strategies for the 4 maps, then you're going to succeed. You don't need every player to be good, you just need some to be good. Again, very much like 5v5 - You can carry a single person there by just having the leaders call what to do. 3v3, to the rank 1 spot, is very difficult to carry anybody.
Yes, it's PVP with PVE frameworks and objectives.

The point is that there is subjectivity in what you consider to be "good". I've played with several rank 1 and multi-gladiator players that could not cut it in RBGs due to lack of awareness, communication (are they shy around 9 others on skype or what?), or basic common sense for strategy. Your definition of good in arena is different than that of good in RBGs because it is precisely how I've been arguing... a different dynamic in the game. That is why I think it's unfair and unequal to compare them and argue such things.

It's not that profound that by sheer numbers it's easier to carry someone in 5s rather than 3s and so 10s over all... Also, try playing at the highest level against Filovirus or Laserfeet/Zunniyaki team. At the highest spectrum of RBGs, it's much harder to win against the top teams while carrying people. Just like arena.

Edited by Bailamosx, 08 August 2011 - 03:52 PM.

#56 ss2b24

ss2b24
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 1885
  • 3v3: 2251
  • 5v5: 1842
  • RBG: 2112
  • Locationflooorida

Posted 08 August 2011 - 06:25 PM

Pretty sure GladiatorLOSsa or w/e the hell taht stupid addon is called works in RBGS.. and to the kid saying rogues damage is pathetic.. you must not see 60k+ crits on FC with 7+ stacks on them... hence add a spriest/mage with them on EFC with high stacks ands its pmuch gg.

#57 Bailamosx

Bailamosx
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 08 August 2011 - 07:13 PM

View Postss2b24, on 08 August 2011 - 06:25 PM, said:

Pretty sure GladiatorLOSsa or w/e the hell taht stupid addon is called works in RBGS.. and to the kid saying rogues damage is pathetic.. you must not see 60k+ crits on FC with 7+ stacks on them... hence add a spriest/mage with them on EFC with high stacks ands its pmuch gg.

A Battle of Gilneas Lighthouse Rat's fart damage is unstoppable with all those stacks too. What's your point? What about the overwhelming majority of minutes in a game where you have to wipe up the middle. What is your strategy with spriest, mage, rogue against 4 healers, 5 dps, and a prot warrior on defense? Idiot.

#58 Kelberot

Kelberot
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/1/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1663
  • 3v3: 1992
  • 5v5: 959
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationRio de Janeiro

Posted 08 August 2011 - 07:34 PM

View PostBailamosx, on 08 August 2011 - 07:13 PM, said:

What is your strategy with spriest, mage, rogue against 4 healers, 5 dps, and a prot warrior on defense? Idiot.
bring kelb, searling, some random rogue and cap that shit
Posted Image

#59 Edhris

Edhris
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Altar of Storms
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:30 PM

rbgs are gay when you que into bailamos

#60 acushi

acushi
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/2/1

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:57 PM

View PostLawson, on 07 August 2011 - 05:44 AM, said:

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!  I learned a cookie cutter strat with 2 other people and got a gladiator title!! I should be able to play CTF with everyone!  I'm a rank 1 gladiator!!  It doesn't matter that Reckful and his friends get pissed on on the reg.  I'm a fucking gladiator.  I have a rank 1 title!!  I'm good at RBGS too, even though my W/L is average at best.

Shut the fuck up.

Wtf is this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<