Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

This is how you know the RBG mmr system is good


  • Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#21 linky

linky
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage
  • Posts: 490
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 07 August 2011 - 09:30 AM

Let's whine and bitch at each other about how easy the one we don't do is!! That sounds fantastic!  Oh wait, they're both fun and require a totally different skillset!  Calm down children, we can all get along. >_>

Also, hai lawson.

Edited by linky, 07 August 2011 - 09:53 AM.


#22 Alkazard

Alkazard
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Frostwolf
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 1063
  • Talents: Protection
  • RBG: 2229

Posted 07 August 2011 - 12:23 PM

Pretty sure on server's I've played on it's an instant invite and idolisation.
You must be linking it wrong.

I also get alts into random trade PUGs doing this.



However, the ones that really fuck me off are "LFM - RBGs X, Y, Z - MUST HAVE [CENTURION]"
*Armories leader*
<Leader has no achievement, 384 RBG rating>

tarnya said:

wear bigger wizard hats *<|¦-)

#23 Kanneth

Kanneth
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bloodscalp
  • Cyclone
  • Posts: 196
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 07 August 2011 - 03:08 PM

View PostLawson, on 07 August 2011 - 05:44 AM, said:

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!  I learned a cookie cutter strat with 2 other people and got a gladiator title!! I should be able to play CTF with everyone!  I'm a rank 1 gladiator!!  It doesn't matter that Reckful and his friends get pissed on on the reg.  I'm a fucking gladiator.  I have a rank 1 title!!  I'm good at RBGS too, even though my W/L is average at best.


Shut the fuck up.

CTF = 180k hp tank, check. Turtle FC and wait for debuff stacks, check. Attempt to smokebomb gib EFC with debuff stacks, check.

Flag Cap Game = Cap a flag spam aoe for 20 minutes.
Kanneth - 85 Paladin - Bloodscalp

Ezqt  - 85 Druid - Sargeras

#24 Bailamosx

Bailamosx
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 349
  • Talents: Guardian 2/1/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1558
  • 3v3: 959
  • RBG: 2322
  • LocationUnder the freeway.

Posted 07 August 2011 - 04:37 PM

View PostKanneth, on 07 August 2011 - 03:08 PM, said:

CTF = 180k hp tank, check. Turtle FC and wait for debuff stacks, check. Attempt to smokebomb gib EFC with debuff stacks, check.

Flag Cap Game = Cap a flag spam aoe for 20 minutes.
Please spare us your terrible reductio ad absurdum arguments. Arenas is just playing in a square box and spamming buttons, basketball is just throwing a ball into a hole, and sex is just inserting a dick into a hole. Get off your high horses. RBGs are actually a lot of fun for those open-minded enough.

Bailamos / World's R1 RBG Leader


http://rbgs.tv/

Posted Image Posted Image

#25 Ellonija

Ellonija
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 3174
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2608
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 August 2011 - 04:44 PM

View PostAlkazard, on 07 August 2011 - 12:23 PM, said:

Pretty sure on server's I've played on it's an instant invite and idolisation.
You must be linking it wrong.

I also get alts into random trade PUGs doing this.



However, the ones that really fuck me off are "LFM - RBGs X, Y, Z - MUST HAVE [CENTURION]"
*Armories leader*
<Leader has no achievement, 384 RBG rating>

I cheat on my priest/rogue and link my lv 60 title FoS when they ask for stuff like that :D They usually never notice, lol.

Edited by Ellonija, 07 August 2011 - 04:45 PM.

Sound the charge into glory ride
Over the top of the vanquished pride

By moonlight we ride
Ten thousand side by side

#26 Ellonija

Ellonija
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 3174
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2608
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 August 2011 - 04:45 PM

View PostBailamosx, on 07 August 2011 - 04:37 PM, said:

Please spare us your terrible reductio ad absurdum arguments. Arenas is just playing in a square box and spamming buttons, basketball is just throwing a ball into a hole, and sex is just inserting a dick into a hole. Get off your high horses. RBGs are actually a lot of fun for those open-minded enough.

He didn't say anything about it not being fun :P
Sound the charge into glory ride
Over the top of the vanquished pride

By moonlight we ride
Ten thousand side by side

#27 Xyshina

Xyshina
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Stormreaver
  • Rampage
  • Posts: 48
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 07 August 2011 - 04:58 PM

View PostBailamosx, on 07 August 2011 - 04:37 PM, said:

Please spare us your terrible reductio ad absurdum arguments. Arenas is just playing in a square box and spamming buttons, basketball is just throwing a ball into a hole, and sex is just inserting a dick into a hole. Get off your high horses. RBGs are actually a lot of fun for those open-minded enough.

well said

funny when ex glads cry about RBGs and have no high end RBG competitive experience...

then they yell at the 1600-1800 players on the WoW forums who cry about arenas, because clearly they have no high end experience to justify their logic

durp

Edited by Xyshina, 07 August 2011 - 05:01 PM.


#28 Ktpearie

Ktpearie
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Posts: 2199
  • Talents: Holy 0/2/1/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1542
  • 3v3: 1044
  • Location"\_( シ)_/"

Posted 07 August 2011 - 05:50 PM

RBGS are terrible i've been saying rbgs are terrible since december but if people enjoy them what the fuck ever it's not like they're any less terrible than arenas which are also fucking terrible just like this terrible game.



"\_( シ)_/"

#29 risenx7

risenx7
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Posts: 458
  • Talents: Survival
  • RBG: 2361
  • Locationkorea

Posted 07 August 2011 - 08:02 PM

the kids name is something bghero, give him a break

#30 Ecliptium

Ecliptium
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Posts: 41
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/2/1/0/.

Posted 07 August 2011 - 08:04 PM

View PostBailamosx, on 07 August 2011 - 04:37 PM, said:

Please spare us your terrible reductio ad absurdum arguments. Arenas is just playing in a square box and spamming buttons, basketball is just throwing a ball into a hole, and sex is just inserting a dick into a hole. Get off your high horses. RBGs are actually a lot of fun for those open-minded enough.

WRONG!

If I insert your dick into a hole I dug in my backyard, I have not had sex :[

#31 Filovirus

Filovirus
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Posts: 3344
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2795

Posted 07 August 2011 - 08:06 PM

View PostEcliptium, on 07 August 2011 - 08:04 PM, said:

WRONG!

If I insert your dick into a hole I dug in my backyard, I have not had sex :[

... that is an ad herring argument, and therefore invalid.

#32 Ecliptium

Ecliptium
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Posts: 41
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/2/1/0/.

Posted 07 August 2011 - 08:08 PM

View PostFilovirus, on 07 August 2011 - 08:06 PM, said:

... that is an ad herring argument, and therefore invalid.

Oh please, give me a break. I've never seen such an obvious Scared Crow fallacy in itself. Try again

#33 Orbiter

Orbiter
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Posts: 12
  • Talents: Arms
  • RBG: 768

Posted 07 August 2011 - 08:46 PM

View Postelorahnahimi, on 07 August 2011 - 08:36 PM, said:

not sure how anyone can actually take rated bgs serious tbh.

Yea, not like we get anything special from actually doing them. Go win 300 games and get a semi-cool title!!! They need to add a better incentive. Plus RBGS take more time than Arena, organizing 10 people and getting 10 people you can trust to actually play well together. It is just like a 10v10 with an objective sometimes. Though people are taking RBGS more seriously now, PVP HEROS ARE ON THE RISE lol.  

I find both to be equally fun. Though both are best when you're playing against really good teams, otherwise they would both get really boring.

Well any ways stuck as a Prot whorriar till I get my second set =/ at least prot is useful somewhere now...

#34 Bailamosx

Bailamosx
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 349
  • Talents: Guardian 2/1/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1558
  • 3v3: 959
  • RBG: 2322
  • LocationUnder the freeway.

Posted 07 August 2011 - 09:11 PM

View PostFilovirus, on 07 August 2011 - 08:06 PM, said:

... that is an ad herring argument, and therefore invalid.

haha.

Bailamos / World's R1 RBG Leader


http://rbgs.tv/

Posted Image Posted Image

#35 Filovirus

Filovirus
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Posts: 3344
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2795

Posted 07 August 2011 - 09:43 PM

View PostEcliptium, on 07 August 2011 - 08:08 PM, said:

Oh please, give me a break. I've never seen such an obvious Scared Crow fallacy in itself. Try again

You are now insulting my personal integrity, making this a Straw argument. While this may be valid under certain circumstances, fallacies are not welcome here.

#36 Ecliptium

Ecliptium
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Posts: 41
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/2/1/0/.

Posted 07 August 2011 - 09:50 PM

View PostFilovirus, on 07 August 2011 - 09:43 PM, said:

You are now insulting my personal integrity, making this a Straw argument. While this may be valid under certain circumstances, fallacies are not welcome here.

You are nothing but a fool. Continuously begging the question might I say. I've had enough of this. You state fallacies are not welcome, however that is a clear argumentum ad verecundiam. The authoritative figures of arena junkies have clearly wiped you of all capabilities of thinking on your own.

#37 Filovirus

Filovirus
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Posts: 3344
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2795

Posted 07 August 2011 - 09:58 PM

View PostEcliptium, on 07 August 2011 - 09:50 PM, said:

You are nothing but a fool. Continuously begging the question might I say. I've had enough of this. You state fallacies are not welcome, however that is a clear argumentum ad verecundiam. The authoritative figures of arena junkies have clearly wiped you of all capabilities of thinking on your own.

I seem to recall Maynard Keynes making a similar argument, but with disastrous results. You must be careful when combining the interrogative with the existential; even Socrates himself knew this was dangerous. I think this quotation from the late Kant would accurately support your thesis, "All thought must, directly or indirectly, by way of certain characters, relate ultimately to intuitions, and therefore, with us, to sensibility, because in no other way can an object be given to us".

#38 Ecliptium

Ecliptium
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Posts: 41
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/2/1/0/.

Posted 07 August 2011 - 10:08 PM

View PostFilovirus, on 07 August 2011 - 09:58 PM, said:

I seem to recall Maynard Keynes making a similar argument, but with disastrous results. You must be careful when combining the interrogative with the existential; even Socrates himself knew this was dangerous. I think this quotation from the late Kant would accurately support your thesis, "All thought must, directly or indirectly, by way of certain characters, relate ultimately to intuitions, and therefore, with us, to sensibility, because in no other way can an object be given to us".


I find it humorous that you chose a quote from the late Immanuel Kant out of all people. Especially after committing a series of outright obvious fallacies. Kant's categorical imperative would most definitely condemn your actions (the act of committing a fallacy) as wrong. Adam Smith, controversially once said, "Great ambition, the desire of real superiority, of leading and directing, seems to be altogether peculiar to man, and speech is the great instrument of ambition." Clearly you do not have such an instrument, as your speech is horrid and blackened with a long list of fallacies.

#39 Porkz

Porkz
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 452
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/1/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2096
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 07 August 2011 - 10:31 PM

THERES NO GLADIUS FOR RBGS!

#40 Rith

Rith
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 972
  • Talents: Demonology 0/0/1/0/0/2
  • RBG: 2312

Posted 07 August 2011 - 11:01 PM

View PostEcliptium, on 07 August 2011 - 10:08 PM, said:

I find it humorous that you chose a quote from the late Immanuel Kant out of all people. Especially after committing a series of outright obvious fallacies. Kant's categorical imperative would most definitely condemn your actions (the act of committing a fallacy) as wrong. Adam Smith, controversially once said, "Great ambition, the desire of real superiority, of leading and directing, seems to be altogether peculiar to man, and speech is the great instrument of ambition." Clearly you do not have such an instrument, as your speech is horrid and blackened with a long list of fallacies.

Look at you just name dropping philosophers left and right.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<