Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help

Should ladders be reset asap along with MMR?


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

Poll: Should ladders be reset asap along with MMR? (54 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Ladders and MMR get reset now?

  1. Voted Yes, they should. (42 votes [77.78%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 77.78%

  2. No, they shouldn't. (12 votes [22.22%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 22.22%

Vote

#1 Telemanchos

Telemanchos
  • Junkies
  • Posts: 455

Posted 31 July 2011 - 01:47 AM

Yoo fellow AJ'ers,

First of all I'd like to thank Blizzard for fixing the MMR exploiting, if I understand it correctly playing with low MMR rated teams now no longer gives high boosts to your own personal MMR, but instead it tries to lower your pers MMR towards the team MMR really fast.
The result of this fix is a serious deflation of MMR, which is a good thing considering how inflated it was last season.

However there's one problem:

The end of last season was filled with MMR abusers, who had farmed their MMRs up to insane high ratings even though they did not belong there, so as a result in the beginning of this season these high teams were easily farmed down. So a decent amount of teams got upto 2.8k+ in the first week while MMR was still inflated and high rated baddies were still around.
People that only just started to play with a serious team again, will have noticed their MMR has dropped drasticly from playing with lower rated friends. At the same time most MMR abusers have by now been farmed down to their respective ratings (<2k ...). As a result it is now a lot harder to actually get to 2.8k+ than it was the first week of the season.

I'm not saying it is impossible to reach 2.8k+ or that the ppl currently at 2.8k are bad, just pointing out they got to enjoy a huge advantage. I'll take as example Dakkroth's team Rampage EU, they are nearly 300 Team Rating above Rank 2, their MMR is possibly even a lot higher, every team in Rampage has basicly no chance to catch up (unless they actually get to queue into Dakkroth).

So I'm asking the AJ community, should they reset the ladders and MMR now before it's to late?

Edited by Telemanchos, 31 July 2011 - 01:52 AM.


#2 Mirionx

Mirionx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 1243
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2662

Posted 31 July 2011 - 01:50 AM

Why, you cant exploit anymore

#3 Pitiless

Pitiless
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 1404
  • Talents: Elemental 2/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2204

Posted 31 July 2011 - 01:52 AM

Yes.

Also, only reset MMRs/teams/PRs that are over 2k, down to 2k.  That way 95% of arena players wont be affected and people won't have to grind up new teams from 0 all over again.

#4 Cerebral

Cerebral
  • Synergyqt
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Arena Tournament 1
  • Coliseum 1
  • Posts: 783
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 31 July 2011 - 01:52 AM

Did you really just make this thread?

Do you not realize Lopez's thread is superior to any threads that could be made on said topic?

View PostKtpearie, on 23 July 2011 - 07:40 PM, said:

everything cody says is 100% fact

#5 Ahlaundoh

Ahlaundoh
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Anetheron
  • Stormstrike
  • Posts: 819
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1990

Posted 31 July 2011 - 02:01 AM

it's WAY too late
Posted Image
Posted Image
pve the best

#6 ss2b24

ss2b24
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Posts: 580
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 1762
  • 3v3: 2043
  • 5v5: 576
  • RBG: 2054
  • Locationflooorida

Posted 31 July 2011 - 02:02 AM

delete this threaD?? already another out there

#7 Shadowtwist

Shadowtwist
  • LocationRiyadh, Saudi Arabia

Posted 31 July 2011 - 02:04 AM

Its too late and the gearing progress won't go as blizzard has planned if a reset hits so most likely they won't

Edited by Shadowtwist, 31 July 2011 - 02:05 AM.

Posted Image

#8 Broxxy

Broxxy
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 167
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/2/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1706
  • 3v3: 2134

Posted 31 July 2011 - 02:06 AM

View PostShadowtwist, on 31 July 2011 - 02:04 AM, said:

Its too late and the gearing progress won't go as blizzard has planned if a reset hits so most likely they won't

why couldnt it? rest teams to 2.2k or 2.3k that are above and wipe mmr?

#9 Dakkrothy

Dakkrothy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 1118
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/1/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2484

Posted 31 July 2011 - 02:09 AM

yeaaah damn people will play with the exact same people they mmr abused with last season for 6 months straight (or if they camped their rating right now by getting a lucky winstreak cuz theres noway they'd maintain their high mmr with the "new" system"). Because i mean if all of the mmr abused teams sitting on 2.8k and decide to sit on that rating for the rest of the season... please just let them have their title, if they really are that desperate to camp a rating for 6 months w/o being able to play that char in 3s for 6 god damn months they sure as hell deserve it in some fucked up way..


I dont understand why people are crying so god damn much about this. in the end if this system remains the same there'll be less than a 1% of the gladiator teams who actually does what you're all so friggin upset about... fuck me senseless

Edited by Dakkrothy, 31 July 2011 - 02:11 AM.


#10 Dakkrothy

Dakkrothy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 1118
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/1/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2484

Posted 31 July 2011 - 02:12 AM

and rofl just saw u mentioned my name, do you even realise we farmed every single 2.9k+ rated team in Eu to get the rating we got? we played 8 games this week vs 2.8k+ rated teams and got 1 rating for each game... please fuck off

we had 3.3k mmr when we started from scratch, we invited the second mage aka fnoberz and lost 200 mmr instantly before we started playing any games. we had 3.1k mmr at 0 rating. we farmed our way up by having a 48-1 streak or something, we got 4 legit losses in total & 4 disconnects (which doesnt affect ur mmr if u lose, only rating). We farmed 99% of the teams we faced and it was ALWAYS the highest rated team online.

our current mmr is still 3140 ish, its even lower than the teamrating because the new system really blocks your mmr heavily

Edited by Dakkrothy, 31 July 2011 - 02:15 AM.


#11 Seafish

Seafish
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 408
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/2/2/2/0

Posted 31 July 2011 - 02:18 AM

yep teams like dakk 300 points ahead of the r2 should be reset.. even though he was r1 on TR vs ALL teams from EU.. nice thread... yyyyyyyyya
Posted Image

#12 Nmplol

Nmplol
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 457
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • RBG: 959

Posted 31 July 2011 - 02:19 AM

View PostDakkrothy, on 31 July 2011 - 02:12 AM, said:

and rofl just saw u mentioned my name, do you even realise we farmed every single 2.9k+ rated team in Eu to get the rating we got? we played 8 games this week vs 2.8k+ rated teams and got 1 rating for each game... please fuck off

we had 3.3k mmr when we started from scratch, we invited the second mage aka fnoberz and lost 200 mmr instantly before we started playing any games. we had 3.1k mmr at 0 rating. we farmed our way up by having a 48-1 streak or something, we got 4 legit losses in total & 4 disconnects (which doesnt affect ur mmr if u lose, only rating). We farmed 99% of the teams we faced and it was ALWAYS the highest rated team online.

our current mmr is still 3140 ish, its even lower than the teamrating because the new system really blocks your mmr heavily

nice mage lock

#13 Dakkrothy

Dakkrothy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 1118
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/1/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2484

Posted 31 July 2011 - 02:21 AM

View PostNmplol, on 31 July 2011 - 02:19 AM, said:

nice mage lock

nice pala


am I doing it right?

#14 Cerebral

Cerebral
  • Synergyqt
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Arena Tournament 1
  • Coliseum 1
  • Posts: 783
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 31 July 2011 - 02:22 AM

View PostDakkrothy, on 31 July 2011 - 02:09 AM, said:

yeaaah damn people will play with the exact same people they mmr abused with last season for 6 months straight (or if they camped their rating right now by getting a lucky winstreak cuz theres noway they'd maintain their high mmr with the "new" system"). Because i mean if all of the mmr abused teams sitting on 2.8k and decide to sit on that rating for the rest of the season... please just let them have their title, if they really are that desperate to camp a rating for 6 months w/o being able to play that char in 3s for 6 god damn months they sure as hell deserve it in some fucked up way..


I dont understand why people are crying so god damn much about this. in the end if this system remains the same there'll be less than a 1% of the gladiator teams who actually does what you're all so friggin upset about... fuck me senseless

You truely are fucking retarded man, lol.

View PostKtpearie, on 23 July 2011 - 07:40 PM, said:

everything cody says is 100% fact

#15 mackazar

mackazar
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 557
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1888
  • 3v3: 2381
  • 5v5: 2409
  • RBG: 384

Posted 31 July 2011 - 02:24 AM

people think a reset is magically going to give them a shot at glad lol

#16 ßlackjack1296682189

ßlackjack1296682189
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Posts: 1578
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 31 July 2011 - 02:24 AM

yes, there are some teams that could profit from their high s9 mmr and you can´t reach them on a regular way, for example a 3100 team on a dead pool like mine where rank5 is 2400

#17 Dakkrothy

Dakkrothy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 1118
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/1/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2484

Posted 31 July 2011 - 02:27 AM

View PostCerebral, on 31 July 2011 - 02:22 AM, said:

You truely are fucking retarded man, lol.

n1, mind telling me why?

#18 mackazar

mackazar
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 557
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1888
  • 3v3: 2381
  • 5v5: 2409
  • RBG: 384

Posted 31 July 2011 - 02:27 AM

View PostDakkrothy, on 31 July 2011 - 02:27 AM, said:

n1, mind telling me why?

bc ur better than him!

#19 jpm

jpm
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation
  • Posts: 386
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 31 July 2011 - 02:29 AM

View PostDakkrothy, on 31 July 2011 - 02:12 AM, said:

do you even realise we farmed every single 2.9k+ rated team in Eu to get the rating we got? we played 8 games this week vs 2.8k+ rated teams and got 1 rating for each game... please fuck off

It's 4 weeks into the season and you're obviously a good enough player to do it again, but god damn are you ever biased.

If Blizzard wants arena to maintain competition, they will reset the ladders/MMR to at least 2200. Otherwise basically every team that played before the hotfix (which wasn't applied on all realms at the same time, some got it a week earlier than others) has an unfair advantage.

#20 Dakkrothy

Dakkrothy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 1118
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/1/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2484

Posted 31 July 2011 - 02:31 AM

View Postjpm, on 31 July 2011 - 02:29 AM, said:

It's 4 weeks into the season and you're obviously a good enough player to do it again, but god damn are you ever biased.

If Blizzard wants arena to maintain competition, they will reset the ladders/MMR to at least 2200. Otherwise basically every team that played before the hotfix (which wasn't applied on all realms at the same time, some got it a week earlier than others) has an unfair advantage.

first off what i tried to say was it'll even out eventually til a point where it wont matter for a shit.

second off was i tried to defend myself as I had to last season aswell because there are people that are so blinded & clueless its unbelievable




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<