• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2795

Posted 31 July 2011 - 04:46 AM

The system is unspeakably awful :(

Showed up late to the RBG party and now I can't even get into shitty groups due to my 768 RBG rating. Has a pvp system ever been as exclusive as it is right now? It's just really, really bad.

It doesn't matter what your actual rbg rating is. Your personal mmr is what matters. If you had a really high MMR last season, it carried over to this season. Obviously it got nerfed down a bunch, but it will still be high.

#22 Bloobungle

Bloobungle
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Fire 1/1/0/2/1/2
  • RBG: 1785

Posted 31 July 2011 - 05:08 PM

If you only want fun go in normal bg and not in RATED bg. The name itself should convince you that it's a competition and even if it can and must be fun it has to have some inconvenience to stay a competition.

Blizzard is already giving up the concept of ranked team of 10 players because it would be too hard for normal puggers to play in rbg. At least let blizz give some advantages to teams who really want to compete.

PS : Tha'ts already annoying that we don't have rank 1 awards because of this system of ranking by players...

I think you took that one phrase out of context and kind of skipped over the major issues I brought up. The only thing this system has over last season is that dedicated teams (same 10-15 people every game) from s9 that had a high MMR are now sitting on their high MMR again.

If you think they deserve to be there simply because they've been playing together for a few months then so be it.

Here's the big problem though...

Say I progress to 2400 with 9 other guys one night. Cool, sweet, done.
Now I put together a similar but slightly different group (everyone is raging because Fred and Angus decided to grow bubblegum instead of play with them).
Our team MMR is now 2200 and most of us are at 2400.
And by gosh, we got Battle for Gilneas and the other team (2200) mowed us over at Waterworks and we lost.
Every 2400 player on our team loses about 35 rating, our team MMR drops to about 2130 and we start all over.

So where's the logic behind all of this? Since the system chases your team MMR, progression is incredibly difficult unless your personal rating is less than or equal to your team rating. I can technically beat a 2700 MMR team (in my dreams) when I'm sitting at 2400 but I wouldnt gain anything because our team MMR was below my rating.

#23 Xyshina

Xyshina
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Stormreaver
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:02 PM

So where's the logic behind all of this? Since the system chases your team MMR, progression is incredibly difficult unless your personal rating is less than or equal to your team rating. I can technically beat a 2700 MMR team (in my dreams) when I'm sitting at 2400 but I wouldnt gain anything because our team MMR was below my rating

Umm...its not just dependant on your team MMR, but the team you are facing as well. If you beat a 2700 team as a 2400 team, you would get a big gain. People with lower MMR would get a bigger gain because their MMR is trying to catchup...and the fact if say an 1800 person on your team was present...he should get more vs a 2400 player. The only thing that makes progression difficult is if you continiously bring low MMR people into your RBG group. This will lower the teams MMR, and you will get lower oponents, so you won't see high gains if you are higher than anyone else. Last season this was broken because high players were still gaining high points, now its fixed. So I'm not sure how you see progression as difficult...If everyone is close or near the same MMR (which they will be eventually if you play often together) then you will get even or higher opponents. If you keep your wins up, you'll move up the ladder...

Say I progress to 2400 with 9 other guys one night. Cool, sweet, done.
Now I put together a similar but slightly different group (everyone is raging because Fred and Angus decided to grow bubblegum instead of play with them).
Our team MMR is now 2200 and most of us are at 2400

By the way, to drop down 200 MMR after replacing two people...they'd have to probably be at 0 rating if it was even possible. I've brought in new players at 0-200 rating and havent really dropped much rating. And if most your team is 2400+ exp then you shouldn't have that much trouble winning against a 2100 team, and if you do, you shouldn't be at that level, or you should re-think bringing the new replacements again.

Don't forget there is also the factor that there are still some teams at the 2k-2.2k level who play at a 2400-2500 level but haven't yet farmed it up because they are doing it casually. It will happen and u may lose to them if you're team is farmed up. So what? Its like arena was in BC. While Glads climb the ladder at the start of the season, they bump some people down in the processs until they get where they are supposed to be. It happens.

The system isn't perfect but it makes alot more sense than last season

Edited by Xyshina, 03 August 2011 - 11:05 PM.

#24 TomAlek

TomAlek
  • Members

Posted 04 August 2011 - 12:09 AM

Just say your mmr is 2500..
Posted Image

#25 Bloobungle

Bloobungle
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:48 PM

By the way, to drop down 200 MMR after replacing two people...they'd have to probably be at 0 rating if it was even possible. I've brought in new players at 0-200 rating and havent really dropped much rating. And if most your team is 2400+ exp then you shouldn't have that much trouble winning against a 2100 team, and if you do, you shouldn't be at that level, or you should re-think bringing the new replacements again.

That rating you see on the battleground scoreboard is your personal rating, not your matchmaking rating. A player that just reached 85 and has never done a RBG should be 1500 MMR with a 0 personal rating.

So if you trade out a 2900 MMR player for a 1500 MMR player, there's a good chance you'll see your team rating drop about 200.

#26 Scyber

Scyber
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 20 August 2011 - 02:20 AM

Umm...its not just dependant on your team MMR, but the team you are facing as well. If you beat a 2700 team as a 2400 team, you would get a big gain. People with lower MMR would get a bigger gain because their MMR is trying to catchup...and the fact if say an 1800 person on your team was present...he should get more vs a 2400 player. The only thing that makes progression difficult is if you continiously bring low MMR people into your RBG group. This will lower the teams MMR, and you will get lower oponents, so you won't see high gains if you are higher than anyone else. Last season this was broken because high players were still gaining high points, now its fixed. So I'm not sure how you see progression as difficult...If everyone is close or near the same MMR (which they will be eventually if you play often together) then you will get even or higher opponents. If you keep your wins up, you'll move up the ladder...

Don't forget there is also the factor that there are still some teams at the 2k-2.2k level who play at a 2400-2500 level but haven't yet farmed it up because they are doing it casually. It will happen and u may lose to them if you're team is farmed up. So what? Its like arena was in BC. While Glads climb the ladder at the start of the season, they bump some people down in the processs until they get where they are supposed to be. It happens.

The system isn't perfect but it makes alot more sense than last season

Replace two 3k mmr players with two people at 1500. ?_? You also don't get points vs. a big team if your team mmr is low. You will get a lot of mmr and eventually gain rating though.

#27 Xyshina

Xyshina
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Stormreaver
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 20 August 2011 - 02:53 AM

so don't lose and they can catchup ina few games.

#28 joaq

joaq
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/1/2/1/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1204
  • Locationthe pits of hell

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:15 AM

System is utter shit, try getting an alt into a good RBG group "sorry dude rating too low" HOW THE FUCK CAN YOU GET THE RATING UP IF YOU CAN'T GET A GROUP.

The sad thing is that you know your alt is better than all the players in their shitty group. Fucking shit game.

edit: yes, i mad

if u can lead a team just start your own.

#29 Bloobungle

Bloobungle
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:18 AM

So your suggestions are to lead your own group, don't bring bad players, and stop losing?

Great solutions to a very uninviting system. Try and sell those ideas to the mass majority of the player base.

#30 Bailamosx

Bailamosx
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination 1/2/2/2/0/1/.
  • 2v2: 1347
  • 5v5: 2645
  • RBG: 2526
  • LocationUnder the freeway.

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:42 AM

So your suggestions are to lead your own group, don't bring bad players, and stop losing?

Great solutions to a very uninviting system. Try and sell those ideas to the mass majority of the player base.

It is a very uninviting system. I've flirted with the idea of posting something on the WoW forums. The system penalizes players that have not played many games because there is high incentive for high MMR players with experience and no incentive for low MMR players with no experience now. How do you get new people involved and participating with a system like that?
Bailamos / World's R1 RBG Leader

http://www.twitch.tv/bailamos
Posted Image Posted Image

#31 Bloobungle

Bloobungle
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:06 PM

It definitely needs to be brought up. Zarhym presented himself in the Battleground forums last Friday and I wish someone was throwing this issue out there for him to see.

#32 Izin

Izin
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy
  • RBG: 2557

Posted 27 August 2011 - 07:20 AM

It is a very uninviting system. I've flirted with the idea of posting something on the WoW forums. The system penalizes players that have not played many games because there is high incentive for high MMR players with experience and no incentive for low MMR players with no experience now. How do you get new people involved and participating with a system like that?

Interesting isn't this the exact reason why ppl like the BC arena system more then the current one? :P

And really if you want to gain rating just make sure you invite ppl at the same rating/mmr as yourself so the team mmr wont be less then your actually rating. The point increase is based on the team mmr of your and the other team, not like it was last season where it was based on personal mmr.

#33 normalfreak2

normalfreak2
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 27 August 2011 - 02:24 PM

stop queing rbgs >:( they aren't as fun as arena!!!!

RBG's are a good change of pace. Doing Arena only is boring, doing RBG's only get's boring. Having both is good. More options = better. RBG's are a fun team play game.

On topic. I think the new rating system is too harsh on pugs. It completely discourages anyone from just playing whenever they want due to how much a person like me can lose if they just wanna play when their team isn't on.

Edited by normalfreak2, 27 August 2011 - 03:42 PM.

#34 Pawzz

Pawzz
  • Content Editors
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery
  • LocationAustria

Posted 27 August 2011 - 03:46 PM

System is utter shit, try getting an alt into a good RBG group "sorry dude rating too low" HOW THE FUCK CAN YOU GET THE RATING UP IF YOU CAN'T GET A GROUP.

The sad thing is that you know your alt is better than all the players in their shitty group. Fucking shit game.

edit: yes, i mad

u m... oh

Ye pretty fucked up, the system is stupid but RBGs overall are pretty fun. I love standing there spamming frostbolt.

#35 Bailamosx

Bailamosx
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination 1/2/2/2/0/1/.
  • 2v2: 1347
  • 5v5: 2645
  • RBG: 2526
  • LocationUnder the freeway.

Posted 27 August 2011 - 11:34 PM

Interesting isn't this the exact reason why ppl like the BC arena system more then the current one? :P

And really if you want to gain rating just make sure you invite ppl at the same rating/mmr as yourself so the team mmr wont be less then your actually rating. The point increase is based on the team mmr of your and the other team, not like it was last season where it was based on personal mmr.

and play once a week with hour long plus queues? it's not easy to organize the same ten people to all get online at once and play everyday.
Bailamos / World's R1 RBG Leader

http://www.twitch.tv/bailamos
Posted Image Posted Image

#36 ss2b24

ss2b24
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction 2/1/2/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2371
  • 3v3: 2444
  • 5v5: 2308
  • RBG: 2169
  • Locationflooorida

Posted 28 August 2011 - 12:27 AM

RBG's are a good change of pace. Doing Arena only is boring, doing RBG's only get's boring. Having both is good. More options = better. RBG's are a fun team play game.

On topic. I think the new rating system is too harsh on pugs. It completely discourages anyone from just playing whenever they want due to how much a person like me can lose if they just wanna play when their team isn't on.

feel like they need to make rbgs and arena yield same conquest points so ladders would be more active

#37 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Mistweaver 0/0/2/2/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 2318
  • 3v3: 2622
  • 5v5: 2528

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:15 AM

I didn't even care that people abused s9 system, because I atleast could play...

#38 Ifix

Ifix
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:54 PM

pretty ridiculous to not be able to get unto groups unless they're friends,when people wont play with multiple glads because you're not 1800 RBG MMR (because not a single team other then the last day 10 pugs 1 win leave group) will take you
:warrior:http://eu.wowarmory....Nether&cn=Ifixx

Kill Shot is fine, learn to play. If it only hit for 7k or something it should have been called Tickle Shot.

Anyone complaining about this is terrible, try getting more resilience and learn how to play by LOSing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<