#1 Maldobar

Maldobar
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Archimonde
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:58 PM

This is just personal opinion but I don't really enjoy all the waiting in the CTF games.  Ya know as we wait for enough stacks to kill the other teams flag carrier.  They modified eots with flags to cap so I'm sure a slight tweek to the way CTF works would be doable as well.

The basic idea would be to change it to you can cap even if they have your flag.  In my opinion it would make the CTF that much more fast paced with more stragedies. Anyways I was curious if this would work or if its a terrible idea. I was just thinking it would be more fun for me anyways.

#2 Tarukimo

Tarukimo
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/0
  • RBG: 2207

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:02 PM

View PostMaldobar, on 27 July 2011 - 09:58 PM, said:

This is just personal opinion but I don't really enjoy all the waiting in the CTF games.  Ya know as we wait for enough stacks to kill the other teams flag carrier.  They modified eots with flags to cap so I'm sure a slight tweek to the way CTF works would be doable as well.

The basic idea would be to change it to you can cap even if they have your flag.  In my opinion it would make the CTF that much more fast paced with more stragedies. Anyways I was curious if this would work or if its a terrible idea. I was just thinking it would be more fun for me anyways.
The current system allows for more 'skillful' matches. What you suggest would promote more gimmicky compositions which would make WoW into an even bigger joke of an 'esport'.

#3 Sherpdawerp

Sherpdawerp
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:08 PM

View PostTarukimo, on 27 July 2011 - 10:02 PM, said:

The current system allows for more 'skillful' matches. What you suggest would promote more gimmicky compositions which would make WoW into an even bigger joke of an 'esport'.
I completely disagree.. Think OP makes a good point, it would call for the team to intercept the other team either on their way there to split their group or it would make for a fight on the way back rather than having both teams turtle with their FC

#4 Sherpdawerp

Sherpdawerp
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:08 PM

at least I think it sounds cool

#5 Axx

Axx
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:13 PM

Make the first flag cap take precedence.

rBGs fixed

This the best damn country in the world. Ain't nothin like it! We got freedom, and independence, and oil, and change. Hell, you can get an oil change for $20. What kind of deal is that? That's a hell of a deal!"

- boogie2988

#6 Maldobar

Maldobar
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Archimonde
  • Stormstrike

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:20 PM

Well I mean if its already considered a "joke of an esport" what does it matter anyways.  Plus I don't think these gimmicky compositions would matter that much as more then 1/2 the time (once eots is back) you get a non CTF game. So I don't think most teams would setup around a gimmicky CTF setup just to be at a disadvantage in the node base games.

#7 Maldobar

Maldobar
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Archimonde
  • Stormstrike

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:22 PM

View PostSherpdawerp, on 27 July 2011 - 10:08 PM, said:

I completely disagree.. Think OP makes a good point, it would call for the team to intercept the other team either on their way there to split their group or it would make for a fight on the way back rather than having both teams turtle with their FC

Ya exactly, I think it would give more dimensions to the CTF game then there are currently.

#8 GLopez

GLopez
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Unholy 0/1/2/2/0/2

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:27 PM

No.

#9 Jackow

Jackow
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/1/1/0/.

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:13 AM

Spoiler

#10 Sammm

Sammm
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:37 AM

Or you could not play like a bunch of fags and actually attack properly.  Constantly waiting, trying to wipe them, going to attack, having them wipe you etc... is dull.  Just play offensively and win that way.

#11 acushi

acushi
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/2/1

Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:27 AM

Ya man lets force teams to run feral druid with priests and paladins for freedoms and bro grips to make RBGs even more gimmicky.

Just make first flag cap matter.

#12 Xyshina

Xyshina
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Stormreaver
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:29 AM

I've seen alot of homo play lately with retard teams hanging back waiting for our offense.  Annoying as hell.  Seemed like we saw less of this last season.

#13 Axx

Axx
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:57 PM

View Postacushi, on 28 July 2011 - 09:27 AM, said:

Ya man lets force teams to run feral druid with priests and paladins for freedoms and bro grips to make RBGs even more gimmicky.

Just make first flag cap matter.

I thought I made a post about this, guess I didn't.

Original WSG was under the ruleset the OP suggests, it wasn't very fun.

This the best damn country in the world. Ain't nothin like it! We got freedom, and independence, and oil, and change. Hell, you can get an oil change for $20. What kind of deal is that? That's a hell of a deal!"

- boogie2988

#14 Maldobar

Maldobar
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Archimonde
  • Stormstrike

Posted 31 July 2011 - 10:59 PM

View PostAxx, on 29 July 2011 - 08:57 PM, said:

I thought I made a post about this, guess I didn't.

Original WSG was under the ruleset the OP suggests, it wasn't very fun.

Well the game has changed alot from when WSG was originally released. I'm not really buying the argument that you will get to many gimick teams because what are they going to do when they get the other bgs they would be screwed.  Anyways it was just a random idea that I thought would make it more fun.  I'm not like diehard this is the best idea of all time or anything.

#15 Cerebral

Cerebral
  • Synergyqt
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Arena Tournament 1
  • Coliseum 1

Posted 01 August 2011 - 03:11 AM

View PostSherpdawerp, on 27 July 2011 - 10:08 PM, said:

Posted Image

View PostKtpearie, on 23 July 2011 - 07:40 PM, said:

everything cody says is 100% fact

#16 Welgard

Welgard
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Kargath
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 01 August 2011 - 04:40 AM

How is requiring having a feral druid FC (compared to everyone running prot war or DK atm) any more gimmicky than requiring to have a smokebomb to kill flag carriers?  Flag carrying maps are just stupid, end of story.  There are a lot of really subpar specs that you can't bring.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<