#1 Stayce

Stayce
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:38 PM

So, ive been pondering the idea of picking up the 2h or DW weps this tuesday..Everyones talking about frost being dead and UH is the best now..But i dont seem to be having trouble with much..Playing arena casual at around 2500+ mmr and such..And in arena i seem to put an unbelievable pressure and i can usually hold my ground if i need to play defensive..So my question is is frost that dead and UH is the way to go?

#2 yusehz

yusehz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2465
  • Locationchina

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:41 PM

i've been playing both specs and i still can't decide either. it seems that both specs are definitely playable. frost seems to work best for melee zerg comps while unholy is better if you have a caster on your team.
Posted Image
www.twitch.tv/yusehz
www.youtube.com/user/yusehz/

#3 mackazar

mackazar
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1569
  • 3v3: 2009
  • RBG: 1745

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:43 PM

dual-wield frost dmg is dumb

#4 Stayce

Stayce
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:43 PM

Well, I run a mix of TSG and PHD and..I dunno i just dont like playing UH that much anymore, it takes too much ramp up time imo, its still good i guess, but whenever i fight other unholy dks i tend to just..do more, im just not sure and i dont wanna get fucked over if through out the season things change

#5 Stayce

Stayce
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:49 PM

And i tend to run a lot of RBGs also

#6 yusehz

yusehz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Locationchina

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:51 PM

in that case, I'd go frost. Frost is just pure fun in bgs. I've been hearing a lot of talk about dw frost but I haven't actually tested it out.
Posted Image
www.twitch.tv/yusehz

#7 Stayce

Stayce
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:54 PM

I dont use obliterate, maybe its wrong for me to do so, but maybe you should give it ago, reforge so much for mastery and its just, like you said, so much fun, even on geared people i can crit 16-20k+ FS back to back...I seem to be doing alright with what im doing, this spec just brings what i think more to the table then standard, but then again i could just be doing it all wrong loll >.<

#8 yusehz

yusehz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Locationchina

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:58 PM

hmm, i'd still buy the 2hander so you can play both frost and unholy and just in case unholy gets a buff
Posted Image
www.twitch.tv/yusehz

#9 Stayce

Stayce
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:59 PM

-very sad face- damn, i really do not want to go unholy, thro out my dks life ive been mostly frost, just feels better to me, but maybe youre right

#10 Darrgen

Darrgen
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 22 July 2011 - 05:10 PM

This is the suggestion I'd give to you. Figure out what spec you enjoy the most, and what classes you play with(if you have certain friends/classes that you want to play with) then just pick out what's best for you and that comp. I myself have always loved frost since I made my dk. I've tried to avoid going unholy as much as possible(had no choice but to play it s8), therefore I always try to play comps that support a frost dk. Currently I'm running Frostdk/feral/paladin and frost dk/mage/priest which both work very well and can support frost. As soon as I get points to buy t1 weapons I plan to switch over to dual weild frost on one of my dks. I've heard a lot of talk about 1hands being better so hopefully it's not just talk.

Anyways for me I like playing a more bursty dps class rather than a warlock style class where spread damage or damage from other sources(pets) is your means of dps. Plus I love the root from frost. It's an absolute lifesaver coupled with freedom(paladin seems to be the most viable dk healer).

Hope this gives you an idea of what you might want to do for yourself.

#11 Stayce

Stayce
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 22 July 2011 - 05:55 PM

Yeah, ive always been different in wow, trying new things, and it usually works otu great, i like to set an example that you can be successful in wow without running the spec that "that one guy" runs, think im gonna get my DW and hope for the best ive loved, and always wil love frost more then unholy

#12 GLopez

GLopez
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Unholy 0/1/2/2/0/2

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:55 PM

Both specs are pretty strong. Just play whatever you find more fun.

But if you're going frost, you should dual wield.

#13 Stayce

Stayce
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:32 PM

most deff, i never liked 2h frost in the first place for some reason.. >.< i think frost was ment for dw xD

#14 Ferri

Ferri
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:23 PM

it's just more fun seeing more numbers
Dunsparrow:"One time when I went to Icy Touch a warrior through a pillar from 50 yards away, he spell reflected it for 6k.

Spell Reflect is bullshit."

#15 Stayce

Stayce
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:44 PM

those numbers do work though

#16 Papajonpizza

Papajonpizza
  • Members
  • LocationMiami

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:48 PM

I started playing Frost (same spec as last season) with Shadowcleave, I was doing alright but I think it will be better in Unholy, and that's why I respecced yesterday. I don't enjoy it as much either, and I would be really tempted by DW but I think I'm going to stick with UH because of my comp.

#17 Stayce

Stayce
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 22 July 2011 - 11:06 PM

yeah, see far from what i see it seems to be best played (unholy that is) with shadowcleaves and casters ect, but frost seems to be solid for melee cleaves, and it could go both ways for phd

#18 Aliandren

Aliandren
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1977
  • RBG: 1749

Posted 24 July 2011 - 04:15 PM

I think i'm still going to sue 2H frost for RBG. I think dual wield ramp up time for best burst is going to be a bit annoying, and 2H still does really good damage, especially if I can pick up apparatus.

Also I won't have to use s9 2hander when I switch to blood.

#19 Papajonpizza

Papajonpizza
  • Members
  • LocationMiami

Posted 24 July 2011 - 04:23 PM

actually I was thinking quite the opposite. It's not like 1k hp is going to make a difference while tanking in RBGs anyway.

I used to be Frost 2H in RBGs as well and had about the same damage output as my other FDK teammate. I recently switched to Unholy for Arenas but since I have to keep my Blood spec for PVE and RBG tanking I had to go in RBGs that don't involve capturing the flag as Unholy and the damage was so shit.

I'm considering going to DW seeing how my FDK friend is now ahead of me in terms of total damage (maybe 20%) because he bought both 378 PVE weapons and the Apparatus and I'm still using 2H.

• Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 24 July 2011 - 05:53 PM

tbh, i love the pressure unholy puts out. having death's advance is really benefecial vs most classes. Love Jigs pet interupt, Hate gargoyle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<