Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 17:37. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo
- - - - -

Battlefield 3

• Please log in to reply
635 replies to this topic

#621 Fazzmania

Fazzmania
  • Premium
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Aman'Thul
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:57 PM

it's pretty sweet. actually feels like proper battlefield. 3 of the maps are awesome and one is decent.

tank destroyers: fun, fast moving, kills tanks quite well but is fragile so favours a skilled player, always nice

artillery: extremely fragile and slow, devastating if on target but tricky to aim. once again not something a noob can own with. gets shredded by aircraft. best used if hiding behind a hill or something.

quad bikes: the same as bc2, fucking awesome. flanking, c4ing tanks, ninja capping flags, good times

ac-130: pretty balanced, enjoyable to use guns. devastating if ignored. even stingers can take them down with ease and they get shredded by pro jets so they usually don't last in the air more than a few minutes which is good. the AA gun is quite strong but smart jets will approach at your blind spots, of which there are a lot. great if you have good pilots who guard you from enemy jets. can be killed by people dropping c4 from the z11 which is pretty hilarious.

as you would imagine you can expect to die to vehicles quite a lot. engi is king. barely anyone plays assault, a few supports and recons, and an armada of engineers. seems like it'll have a LOT more lasting value than CQ or B2K. the nice thing about the maps is they all have close/medium range fighting at most of the points so if you don't like vehicles you can just hang around the urban sections, the maps are large enough that you can be preferential about where you fight rather than just following the base cap warnings like the vanilla maps.

this is playing conquest large, have not tried tank superiority but it could be good. havn't tried any fast/instant vehicle servers either because i imagine it would be a huge clusterfuck but i could be wrong.
Posted Image

#622 huurka

huurka
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Shadow 0/././././.

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:19 PM

ac-130 needs to be toned down for rush.

also, stingers are crazy good i like it.

#623 downedlolidiot

downedlolidiot
  • Members

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:05 AM

how big is dl

#624 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1743

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:57 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- this big
* RBG/PvP Guild * Stormscale EU * Recruitment Thread * Click Below *
Posted Image

#625 Abscent

Abscent
  • Members

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:54 AM

Any clans still recruiting for this game?

#626 miloMonkey

miloMonkey
  • Members
  • Locationgermany

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:17 AM

Do you guys have any tips for a flight noob like me? With armored kill and those huge maps I'd like to be at least decent with a havoc or a jet. However, I just don't manage to get any kills especially with a jet, and I always get teared apart by some rank 100 colonel guys in another jet. Are there any flightnoob friendly servers?

It's not like I totally suck in this game but I never used Air vehicles before and I wanted to give it a shot.

#627 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1743

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:41 PM

what we did with the heli is just find an empty server and me and friend just took turns in killing each other to get the basic unlocks needed to survive. Once we had them we could fly around and level up in normal maps.
* RBG/PvP Guild * Stormscale EU * Recruitment Thread * Click Below *
Posted Image

#628 downedlolidiot

downedlolidiot
  • Members

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:59 PM

Do you guys have any tips for a flight noob like me? With armored kill and those huge maps I'd like to be at least decent with a havoc or a jet. However, I just don't manage to get any kills especially with a jet, and I always get teared apart by some rank 100 colonel guys in another jet. Are there any flightnoob friendly servers?

It's not like I totally suck in this game but I never used Air vehicles before and I wanted to give it a shot.

for heli, just join an empty server and make it your goal to fly like rambo 3-10 meters off the ground through the map, you get a good feel for how the choppers feel (the viper and the whale) and what you can do with each one maneuverability wise, jets is mostly about maintaining speed to do better turns than opponent, though if hard brake is still in the game you'll probably always lose to someone who has it

tldr, choppers are fun and worth it and way funner than jets overall imo. Learning to dogfight is shit/annoying because every server has some guy who only ever plays jets and will destroy you because he has 300 hours in jets and will just rotate your airfield and shit on you within 20 sec of taking off every time

#629 huurka

huurka
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:43 PM

playing against jets as a chopper is so fucking annoying unless you have a good jet by your side.

#630 miloMonkey

miloMonkey
  • Members
  • Locationgermany

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:48 AM

Thanks for the advice

#631 miloMonkey

miloMonkey
  • Members
  • Locationgermany

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:12 PM

Is there a platoon from arenajunkies or sth? I'd like some actual squadplay instead of 4 guys doing different random things.

#632 downedlolidiot

downedlolidiot
  • Members

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:28 PM

hello whats the standard guns for classes now

engi m4a1 assault aek still?

#633 huurka

huurka
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:20 PM

i think the mtar is the standard at least for medium-close maps

#634 downedlolidiot

downedlolidiot
  • Members

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:29 AM

wish people still actively played b2k maps like kark and oman, really liked those 2

#635 Naatzors

Naatzors
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Feral Combat
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:32 AM

BF2 karkand was better though (16p inf only 5v5)
Posted Image

#636 miloMonkey

miloMonkey
  • Members
  • Locationgermany

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:54 PM

I just saw Locklear streaming on facebook and thought hey, why not join him. So I did and this was the result: http://battlelog.bat...39/1/242592003/ (I'm Morrayno)

I gotta say since im a huge fan of locklear that was one of my most exciting games ever. If you dont know him yet and enjoy watching good players playing bf3 you should definitely check out his channel: http://www.youtube.c...re=results_main

His project teamplay series are the most entertaining videos imo: http://www.youtube.c...9F&feature=plcp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users