Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 21:48. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

Ferals vs other melee - enlightened approach

• Please log in to reply
236 replies to this topic

#41 Anatomyz

Anatomyz
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Combat
  • RBG: 1846

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:55 AM

just train the feral and stay at max range (cyclone 25 yrd range) and stop crying you pussies

so i should position myself terribly (max range always) and never fear anything just to avoid instant cyclones and lose anyway due to ferals doing as much damage as both my teammates combined?

good idea <_<

#42 Twocat

Twocat
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:56 AM

They're probably going to give it a 15s ICD.
Don't rage at me, just guessing what blizzard will do to fix it for the crying masses.
Posted Image

#43 xDD

xDD
  • Lèyla
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Kel'Thuzad
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:58 AM

Stormherald wasn't outdated in season3...

Stormherald in S3 simply didn't have the damage output, I don't know a single player who used it after getting S3 weapons.

Edited by xDD, 11 July 2011 - 01:59 AM.

http://www.warcraftm...p?t=3&l=xleylax

warrior defensive cds are strongest in entire game.

#44 Guest_pheqqu_*

Guest_pheqqu_*

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:01 AM

Stormherald in S3 simply didn't have the damage output, I don't know a single player who used it after getting S3 weapons.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=33663

http://www.wowhead.c...442/stormherald

oh, ok...

#45 xDD

xDD
  • Lèyla
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Kel'Thuzad
  • Blutdurst

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:02 AM

I repeat, I don't know a single player who still used Stormherald in S3, after gettin S3 weapons.

Edited by xDD, 11 July 2011 - 02:02 AM.

#46 Guest_pheqqu_*

Guest_pheqqu_*

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:03 AM

I guess the 0.2 attack speed and 12 haste outweighed the fucking 4 seconds stun then.

I see you broke 2200, grats.

#47 Twocat

Twocat
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:05 AM

I guess the 0.2 attack speed and 12 haste outweighed the fucking 4 seconds stun then.

had like a 1% proc rate IIRC, was worth about as much as the chance on hit stun meta
Posted Image

#48 xDD

xDD
  • Lèyla
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Kel'Thuzad
  • Blutdurst

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:06 AM

Are you retarded? Firstly that haste was ARP in S3.

Did you actually play than? Cause I'm doubting.

Secondly, the stun rarely changed anything since it would DR with Mace Stun anyway, so even when it did proc, 90% of the time it would barely last 2 seconds.

Stop talking about something you clearly don't know anything about.

Not to mention it had an extremely minor proc rate.

Edited by xDD, 11 July 2011 - 02:06 AM.

#49 Guest_pheqqu_*

Guest_pheqqu_*

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:07 AM

Are you retarded? Firstly that haste was ARP in S3.

Actually, it was ignores enemy armor and not armor penetration.

I did play, I am also jerking your dick if you haven't noticed by now.

Like I said, I played RWD preharp nerf, people didn't have weapons yet and targets died without moving, eod.

on topic:

nerf clones.

#50 xDD

xDD
  • Lèyla
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Kel'Thuzad
  • Blutdurst

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:11 AM

Armor ignore, armor pen, same thing different name.

Armor ignore was just too good then, especially since it was on everything.

It's also why some people even still used Cataclysm's Edge in S3 for awhile because it had a ton of armor ignore.

#51 Guest_pheqqu_*

Guest_pheqqu_*

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:16 AM

well, armor ignore was a flat out ignore of a certain amount while armor pen is percentage, so it scaled differently.

and yes, cataclysm's edge was pretty sick with a shaman if you got the wf procc /w sword procc.

shit I've derailed this thread.

I'll just add another "nerf clones" to stay somewhat on topic.

make the cooldown between having it instant longer or DR it with fear/sheep.

#52 TheDesertDragon

TheDesertDragon
  • Premium
  • Worgenclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:17 AM

My best solution to the 'feral druid cyclone problem', we'll call it, is to just increase the timer for which it can be used. Maybe 30-45 seconds for instant ? I mean atleast when they're hardcasting it, they have to spend more time going out of their way to use the powerful ability, and you have atleast a 'chance' to interrupt it. As it stands now, it's pretty ridiculous, and with their passive 30% increase movement speed at all times, and the substantial range on it for a melee CC, it's pretty much as conveniant as it gets.

While I agree that ferals are over the top - this is just adding even more dumb complexity to a broken mechanic. The instant clones need to be removed, period. They were a dumb idea when they were introduced and they're still a dumb idea now. If you search my post history either here or on the WoW forums (as Ishayu - Stormscale) you'll get a clearer sense of what I mean by this. I won't go into it too far here, but I will say "Oh instant clone at 20% loljk RNG dispelled. Oh look I got another one oh crap I got dispelled hardcasting loljk DR'd because I casted 1.5 seconds too early because he got another buff gahhhh". That spell is just annoying as fuck. For everyone.

Besides that they don't actually mean a great deal. People think that they're oh so super powerful but really they ain't. The only circumstance under which they make an actual visible difference is when your healer is getting tunnelled by a non-shaman melee cleave. They make us more powerful in 1v1 as well. Other than that, all the do is take a 1.5 second cast and turn it into a 1.5 second GCD. If you use instant cyclone it takes 3 seconds before you can use your first Cat Ability following that. That's half the non-DR duration used up. Besides that, for ferals, the range is only 20 yards which is quite short.

#53 Tosan

Tosan
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination 1/2/2/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1041
  • 5v5: 862
  • RBG: 576

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:25 AM

I played spriest shs rogue in 2s, and rogue was still way easier in TBC than it is now.

I assure you, RWD pre harpnerf was just as faceroll as any catacleave (didnt play wotlk so can't comment).

I had 1 PvE item and it was the badge trinket (berserker's call), the rest was full PvP, so yeah...

on topic:

Clone is just way too strong, it needs to be fixed somehow.

I only played it before the nerf, and I got glad safe in those weeks, and please, Stormherald wasn't outdated in season3...

I won't argue that Harp wasn't faceroll, but as someone else already mentioned, it was extremely short lived, so using that as your basis for argument is way off base.

99% of the season Harp was a non factor, so I fail to understand how it's relevant to the argument.

Even during the Harp shenanigans though, it still wasn't quite as potent as current melee cleaves (yes it may have been equally easy/simple to play, but not nearly as strong as things like S6/S9 TSG, Beast Cleave, Frost DK/Rogue/Healer, etc).

#54 Mayene

Mayene
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:41 AM

I played spriest shs rogue in 2s, and rogue was still way easier in TBC than it is now.

I assure you, RWD pre harpnerf was just as faceroll as any catacleave (didnt play wotlk so can't comment).

I had 1 PvE item and it was the badge trinket (berserker's call), the rest was full PvP, so yeah...

on topic:

Clone is just way too strong, it needs to be fixed somehow.

I only played it before the nerf, and I got glad safe in those weeks, and please, Stormherald wasn't outdated in season3...

You're clueless. No one played War/Rog/Dru while HARP was an used spec, Stormherald was outdated S3, Berserker's Call wasn't a badge trinket.

You were obviously a very very bad TBC player.

#55 sParKLezZ

sParKLezZ
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Holy
  • LocationBoston

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:46 AM

I disagree with giving the talent an ICD, but having the talent somehow add a 15-20 second CD to the spell that the player casts would be ideal.
Not sure how useful it would honestly be outside of Cyclone, but it opens the door I guess.

so i met this qt today who ive never seen before.
and ive seen everybody.
so i walked up to her.
and i was like.
who the fuck are you

#56 gangstalicious

gangstalicious
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:54 AM

just make the talent give cyclone a X-duration CD

#57 Zigenz

Zigenz
  • Zigenxo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Marksmanship
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 11 July 2011 - 03:01 AM

Did you? Rofl. See his red helmets? yeah....
[10:18:48] [W From] [85:Mythíc]: who sits a multiglad?
[10:18:58] [W From] [85:Mythíc]: you dont sit multi glads, you suck their balls and thank them after

#58 Hobbesqt

Hobbesqt
  • Premium
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 1125
  • 3v3: 1991

Posted 11 July 2011 - 03:03 AM

I love this thread

And yes for one:
You can Dispell it

Two:
Ferals are enhancement shamans with tripple the burst B)

Three:
They are supposed to be a support class not some button bashing class like a warrior pumping insane damage therefore I would personally class them as OP

One: yep

Two: No.

Three: O you are a developer now? I didn't know it was you who decided what type of class we were.
Posted Image

#59 droolingmoron

droolingmoron
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 11 July 2011 - 03:05 AM

just nerf dmg or utility
ferals shouldn't be able to do a fuckton of dmg while putting out stupid amounts of instant cc

btw adding more instant cc for other melee classes wouldn't make this game more fun. it would just make this stupid unbalanced game even more unbalanced and stupid.

every class should have its niche
sad enough blizzard doesn't care and homogenized too much already
Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen.

L.W.

#60 GLopez

GLopez
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Unholy 0/1/2/2/0/2

Posted 11 July 2011 - 03:23 AM

They should give instant Cyclone a 30-second or even one-minute inner cooldown. That would be pretty in-line with something like Hungering Cold or Blind.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users