Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 21:48. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

Ferals vs other melee - enlightened approach

• Please log in to reply
236 replies to this topic

#21 snackbacon

snackbacon
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2437

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:14 AM

Its really not that hard to clean a druid off and purge off the proc.

#22 Kelarm

Kelarm
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • RBG: 2922

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:14 AM

I really wish the game would go back to that, but with the way casters are now it honestly can't because Melee have to be able to zerg or they automatically lose due to the momentum changing ability that wizard cleaves have with CC.

That might not actually be the case. I mean, imagine if every melee had an instant cyclone type of ability. It's hard to really talk about or theorycraft in the context of such an extreme change, but like they wouldn't have to be zerging so hard because they could throw their cyclone thing around when the momentum starts to shift (i.e. healer goes into full sheep, now you can "cyclone" the shatter instead of always just running away around a pillar or tunneling whatever you were on because you didn't have any mobility CDs available)

Edited by Kelarm, 11 July 2011 - 01:16 AM.

Official Blizzard Quote:

Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.

Finally, I understand why pvp in this game is so bad.

#23 repokid50k

repokid50k
  • Premium
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Shadow Council
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:15 AM

Hate feral because they do to much damage? Complain about instant cyclone! Serial though, if enhance shamans have inatant hexs also but no one complains about it due to damage is not op. Nerfing damage is only solution blizz tales for anything just bring classes to the feral druid level and up healing to survive, revert resil nerfs in past patches and things would be a ok

#24 Wirbelsturm

Wirbelsturm
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Stormreaver
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/0/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 1648

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:22 AM

with spriests, rogues, resto shams, and dks still in their current state all of you are whining about ferals. i dont get it.

Um what? Not saying (some of) those classes aren't a problem, but Ferals are the new FDks. And hey, what do you know, they are partly OP because they are a melee class that combined insane damage with instant, difficult to avoid CC. Sounds familiar.

"As someone who used to enjoy Warcraft lore, I despise that the most meaningful PvP in the game pits me against my own faction for the entertainment of Goblins. I absolutely hate it."

#25 Natusia of eHEROES

Natusia of eHEROES
  • Natusia
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:22 AM

I love this thread

And yes for one:
You can Dispell it

Two:
Ferals are enhancement shamans with tripple the burst B)

Three:
They are supposed to be a support class not some button bashing class like a warrior pumping insane damage therefore I would personally class them as OP

#26 Kronius

Kronius
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:25 AM

feral is the new dk olololol

#27 Tosan

Tosan
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination 1/2/2/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1041
  • 5v5: 862
  • RBG: 576

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:25 AM

Its really not that hard to clean a druid off and purge off the proc.

Yeah I mean everyone plays with a priest/shaman/mage that isn't CC'd right.

Also, the buff only needs to be up for a split second before the feral uses it, unless he sits on the proc for 3-4 seconds it's completely unrealistic to expect that. Finisher -> Cyclone, bam. Small window of opportunity, let's be realistic here, it's not like the feral doesn't play with teammates who have other ways to CC the 'purge bot' anyway.

You can't offer a solution that requires specific classes and specific conditions (opponent stupidity) to succeed, that's not a solution at all.

#28 Tosan

Tosan
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:28 AM

Hate feral because they do to much damage? Complain about instant cyclone! Serial though, if enhance shamans have inatant hexs also but no one complains about it due to damage is not op. Nerfing damage is only solution blizz tales for anything just bring classes to the feral druid level and up healing to survive, revert resil nerfs in past patches and things would be a ok

The stupidity in this post is actually hard to believe.

Instant Hex is dispellable by 3 classes in the game (regardless of spec), and has a 35 second cooldown.

Cyclone is 100% undispellable and has no cooldown.

On top of the fact that ferals do 5x the damage of enhancements to begin with.

That's like comparing apples to dog poo.

Edited by Tosan, 11 July 2011 - 01:29 AM.

#29 Kronius

Kronius
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:30 AM

warriors should have spamable cc

#30 snackbacon

snackbacon
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • RBG: 2437

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:36 AM

The stupidity in this post is actually hard to believe.

Instant Hex is dispellable by 3 classes in the game (regardless of spec), and has a 35 second cooldown.

Cyclone is 100% undispellable and has no cooldown.

On top of the fact that ferals do 5x the damage of enhancements to begin with.

That's like comparing apples to dog poo.

I'm not saying the instant cyclone isn't strong, but your argument is stupid. I could just as easily say hurp derp your teammates could stop your dispeller from being cc'd so he can dispel instant cyclones.

#31 bayre

bayre
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/2
  • RBG: 1951

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:37 AM

tbh if your complaining about instant cyclone on your healer and you have an offensive dispeller its a L2 play issue, cyclone is half the range of a heal, not only that as a healer if your standing that close to your dps your probably also getting focus skull bashed. on top being able to max range and purge you can also try focusing the feral forcing him into bear or slowing the rate at which he is getting finishers by making it harder for him to get shreds off

#32 Guest_pheqqu_*

Guest_pheqqu_*

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:47 AM

I Loved playing RRD and RWD in tbc, the games were much longer than the average wotlk/cata cleave games and we'd usually split DPS for the sake of locking down 2 separate targets, then swap accordingly when the moment was right for a kill.

played harprogue stormherald warr rdruid @ TBC

it was the biggest joke of a meelecleave in the existance of world of warcraft, I don't think anything comes close to how fucking faceroll that was, ever. fuck me

Edited by pheqqu, 11 July 2011 - 01:47 AM.

#33 Tosan

Tosan
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

I'm not saying the instant cyclone isn't strong, but your argument is stupid. I could just as easily say hurp derp your teammates could stop your dispeller from being cc'd so he can dispel instant cyclones.

Wow, you are so oblivious to obvious facts it's actually mind blowing.

How can you stop your healer from being instant CC'd? Deep Freeze/strangulate/vanish or dance cheapshots/garrotes/redirect kidneys/gouges/blinds/throwdowns/instant fears/coil/psychic horror/blanket silences.

Hex = 35 second cooldown, dispellable by 3 classes regardless of spec.

Cyclone = no cooldown, undispellable.

Ferals do far more damage than Enhancements and are therefore more useful in other ways.

I didn't even mention the fact that Cyclone can be used to negate heals on the target which is essentially hitting "pause" on the targets life bar, giving your entire team more time to set up more CC's on the healer while it's impossible for him to heal the target.

There is absolutely no comparing the two unless your goal is to prove that Ferals are infinitely better than Enhancement shamans.

#34 xDD

xDD
  • Lèyla
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Kel'Thuzad
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Unholy

And that argument would be about as good as me saying, what happens if that players partners get a minor lag spike at the exact moment that the dispeller gets CCed and thus is unable to prevent it.

It's a fucking dumb argument.
http://www.warcraftm...p?t=3&l=xleylax

warrior defensive cds are strongest in entire game.

#35 Thesexiestt

Thesexiestt
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 0/2/0/1/2/.

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:48 AM

just train the feral and stay at max range (cyclone 25 yrd range) and stop crying you pussies

#36 xDD

xDD
  • Lèyla
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Kel'Thuzad
  • Blutdurst

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:51 AM

just train the feral and stay at max range (cyclone 25 yrd range) and stop crying you pussies

BUT WHAT IF THE FERAL RUNS AWAY? HOW DO YOU TRAIN HIM?

#37 Tosan

Tosan
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:52 AM

it was the biggest joke of a meelecleave in the existance of world of warcraft, I don't think anything comes close to as fucking faceroll as that was fuck me.

I never played Harp, or with a stormherald warrior. I was a 100% pvp geared ShS rogue (literally 0 pve items, not even that badge ring that everyone in the world but me had), and the warrior was a reroll who had full S1 main pieces/mace during the majority of S3 (rerolled late).

You're insane if you think any form of TBC melee cleaves even come close to any variant of wotlk/cata melee cleaves. There is not a single legitimate melee cleave that's ever come into play in wotlk/cata that is worse than any melee cleave variant in tbc.

I mean, sure it was really faceroll at 1500-2k rating but that can be said for many things as bad players don't know how to handle most things in arena and balance is skewed in the eyes of newbs.

At the top level, tbc melee cleaves were completely manageable and tbh not splitting dps and just tunnel visioning was a risk against any decent players. Although against warlocks tunnel visioning was pretty damn effective in a lot of cases, but since every lock played with a druid, getting cyclone/root spammed was a risk you took by tunnel visioning as opposed to splitting dps. Warrior on lock/rogue on druid = control.

Anyway, enough about TBC funtimes in this thread. Melee cleaves since wotlk/cata are 10x worse and encouraged to tunnel vision unhealable damage, and the point of the topic is ferals can do that, but while having amazing instant cast undispellable CC. It's like having your cake and eating it too.

#38 Guest_pheqqu_*

Guest_pheqqu_*

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:53 AM

people denying that ferals aren't in need of a fix @ cyclone (making it DR with something, or increasing the cooldown on the insta-cast) needs to check their mental state.

it's just so retardedly strong in FeralMP etc.

#39 xDD

xDD
  • Lèyla
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Kel'Thuzad
  • Blutdurst

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:54 AM

it was the biggest joke of a meelecleave in the existance of world of warcraft, I don't think anything comes close to how fucking faceroll that was, ever. fuck me

Errrm, what?

Firstly, War/Rogue/Druid only became popular in S3, a few weeks into S3 HARP was nerfed and pretty much became a largely useless spec - and at the same time Stormherald was an outdated weapon.

And really comparing that to anything from WotLK or Cataclysm was just plain stupid.

To put it into context, I don't think there was a single R1 melee cleave from TBC.

Edited by xDD, 11 July 2011 - 01:55 AM.

#40 Guest_pheqqu_*

Guest_pheqqu_*

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:55 AM

I never played Harp, or with a stormherald warrior. I was a 100% pvp geared ShS rogue (literally 0 pve items, not even that badge ring that everyone in the world but me had), and the warrior was a reroll who had full S1 main pieces/mace during the majority of S3 (rerolled late).

I mean, sure it was really faceroll at 1500-2k rating but that can be said for many things as bad players don't know how to handle most things in arena and balance is skewed in the eyes of newbs.

I played spriest shs rogue in 2s, and rogue was still way easier in TBC than it is now.

I assure you, RWD pre harpnerf was just as faceroll as any catacleave (didnt play wotlk so can't comment).

I had 1 PvE item and it was the badge trinket (berserker's call), the rest was full PvP, so yeah...

on topic:

Clone is just way too strong, it needs to be fixed somehow.

Errrm, what?

Firstly, War/Rogue/Druid only became popular in S3, a few weeks into S3 HARP was nerfed and pretty much became a largely useless spec - and at the same time Stormherald was an outdated weapon.

And really comparing that to anything from WotLK or Cataclysm was just plain stupid.

I only played it before the nerf, and I got glad safe in those weeks, and please, Stormherald wasn't outdated in season3...

Edited by pheqqu, 11 July 2011 - 01:56 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users