• Blutdurst
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2605
  • 3v3: 2849
  • 5v5: 384
  • Locationgermany

Posted 10 July 2011 - 05:31 PM

Hey guys!

I have just started to play my hunter as a twink and i'm planning to paly hunter+feral+heal. I'm wondering which spec fits most, since played bm in 2s.

Let me know your pros and cons.

Besides, which spec do you prefer in 2s with a feral? We had lot of trouble with mage+disc and dk comps as bm + feral.

Edited by xaxses, 11 July 2011 - 01:06 PM.

#2 rozybib_6581323

rozybib_6581323
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Garona
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents: Unholy 2/0/1/0/2/1

Posted 10 July 2011 - 05:50 PM

and dk comps as bm feral
wat ?

#3 Itsnel

Itsnel
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2469

Posted 10 July 2011 - 06:55 PM

mm ofc...

#4 amazingbird

amazingbird
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 10 July 2011 - 07:06 PM

bm for the lolz mm for that raaaattiingg

#5 Mom

Mom
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Feral Combat
  • LocationEau Claire, WI

Posted 10 July 2011 - 07:11 PM

BM is really easy to play and is essentially an auto-win against all mage teams. MM gives you a chance vs shadowplay.

#6 Celaurthor

Celaurthor
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bloodscalp
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/2/2/2/.
  • 2v2: 1769
  • 3v3: 2752
  • 5v5: 960
  • RBG: 2268

Posted 10 July 2011 - 07:15 PM

Lose too much utility playing bm and outside of cooldowns bm is complete shit. Moreso than rets.

#7 FukkenZuzah

FukkenZuzah
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Balance 1/2/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1808
  • 3v3: 2930
  • 5v5: 672
  • RBG: 2088

Posted 10 July 2011 - 08:37 PM

View PostCelaurthor, on 10 July 2011 - 07:15 PM, said:

Lose too much utility playing bm and outside of cooldowns bm is complete shit. Moreso than rets.
Than
THANK YOU.
[13:28:58] [W From] [85:Cowmôôflage]: i will always be knows as best feral on this realm
[13:28:58] [W From] [85:Cowmôôflage]: byz

#8 Jacob_a

Jacob_a
  • Members

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:06 AM

Some people prefer to play BM instead of marks with ferals atm. I find it terribly boring though so I would never do it.

#9 Zigenz

Zigenz
  • Zigenxo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Marksmanship
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 11 July 2011 - 05:56 AM

MM > ALL.
[10:18:48] [W From] [85:Mythíc]: who sits a multiglad?
[10:18:58] [W From] [85:Mythíc]: you dont sit multi glads, you suck their balls and thank them after

#10 Bowya-

Bowya-
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:30 PM

BM works better than MM. Pretty simple how it works. Make them trinket, pop your cds on your next cc and you win. This works vs wizards, you just need to keep awesome pressure.

Marks is a hell of a lot more fun to play and you can do so much more but id say BM will get your more wins. When T2 comes our I expect marks to take over though

#11 Jokerplex

Jokerplex
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/0/2/1/1

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:50 PM

BM is for people that cant get high as marks imo.

Marks is clearly the better spec vs any good players.

#12 Devion87

Devion87
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Mal'Ganis
  • Blutdurst
  • 2v2: 1771
  • 3v3: 1777
  • RBG: 576

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:10 PM

or for ppl that dont play a shitter specc just because everyone is telling you mm is sooo much better (bandwagon n stuff)

#13 Jokerplex

Jokerplex
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:48 PM

if you think BM is better then MM, somethings wrong.

#14 Bowya-

Bowya-
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 13 July 2011 - 06:30 PM

View PostJokerplex, on 13 July 2011 - 05:48 PM, said:

if you think BM is better then MM, somethings wrong.

Why?

Because with BM i do not have silencing shot? Can i ask you how frustrated you get when you have masters call on CD and a mage los's you on 2k hp and turns the whole game around because he pet novas and evos like a pro gamer. Well that does not happen with BM (as much), you keep a mend pet up vs them and pet is always dispelled pretty much with talent and get onto the mage, you can then interrupt with intimidate or kill with KC.

Wish people would stop thinking BM is for retards who cannot play MM, it is not. It works better for some comps and they way that that comp play.

Again ill say i like MM more, im more comfortable playing MM and i can do a lot as MM but I find the damage is not there and we are to easy to control. The only time you will do damage as marks is when either the stars align or your playing vs a retard who stands in the middle half the game.

Edited by Bowya-, 13 July 2011 - 06:31 PM.

#15 Jokerplex

Jokerplex
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 13 July 2011 - 06:40 PM

Epic killshot disengage around that LoS.

How about pets getting bugged when they try to go down a level? Such as the little rising on Dalaran or the bride on blades edge. The pet will stand still, like a moron. The only way u can get it down is to either put it on follow and run down yourself or, jump down and spam follow so it teleports.

Was playing BM in 2s and my pets suddenly started changing targets randomly. Interrupted a scatter->Trap i was doing by attacking the scatterd target.

50% dispel chance on a 3 sec timer isnt reliable.

#16 xaxses

xaxses
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • 2v2: 2605
  • 3v3: 2849
  • 5v5: 384
  • Locationgermany

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:41 PM

The pet will stand still, like a moron. The only way u can get it down is to either put it on follow and run down yourself or, jump down and spam follow so it teleports.

Was playing BM in 2s and my pets suddenly started changing targets randomly. Interrupted a scatter->Trap i was doing by attacking the scatterd target.

/sign

Pet bugs are really annoying especially in Blades Edge.

#17 Esiwdeer

Esiwdeer
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/1/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 276
  • 3v3: 1704
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:55 PM

The only saving grace Hunter has is Readiness. Readiness is the only way you can get real, strategic kills against many Priest and RSham comps. You can't drop that for Kill Commands that crit for 15,000. The Beast Within is just like Deterrence used to be: good players will control you for its duration. BM cannot replace MM unless they revert the TBW change, which they won't.

Edited by threatslol, 13 July 2011 - 07:56 PM.

#18 Bowya-

Bowya-
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:17 PM

View PostJokerplex, on 13 July 2011 - 06:40 PM, said:

Epic killshot disengage around that LoS.

How about pets getting bugged when they try to go down a level? Such as the little rising on Dalaran or the bride on blades edge. The pet will stand still, like a moron. The only way u can get it down is to either put it on follow and run down yourself or, jump down and spam follow so it teleports.

50% dispel chance on a 3 sec timer isnt reliable.

The pet bugs are easy to control. Make a macro like /cast sequence pet passive -> Attack. It fixes the bug. If anything it is better using that than it used to be on maps like blades edge so you can jump down now and the pet comes with you.

As for random pet charging, are you sure your pet isnt on defensive or you have some macro which puts it on defensive. Ive never had this problem. If anything I think the pet charging is nice, its always fun to pet charge a healer and drop a trap or intimidation it then drop a trap. You will get a lot more traps like this than using scatter traps as people now jump on their healers so quick when you scatter.

You just have to do things differently as BM, you have to actually use your pet for more than roar & web/stun.

The only saving grace Hunter has is Readiness. Readiness is the only way you can get real, strategic kills against many Priest and RSham comps. You can't drop that for Kill Commands that crit for 15,000. The Beast Within is just like Deterrence used to be: good players will control you for its duration. BM cannot replace MM unless they revert the TBW change, which they won't.

When would you pop TBW? It is only really ferals that can cc my TBW. I might catch a deathcoil but the rest I can FD or get dispelled quickly (Tell your healer you need quick as anything dispells when you pop TBW). I normally end up using it during my warriors fear unless its is vs a shaman team when ill normally do it on Hoj trap scatter.

The most insane thing with BM is the sheer burst you can do. When you pop TBW you can get 2 KC for 12-25k and 8-10 arcane shots. Which hit for 10k no problem as BM. Even when you do not have TBW up hitting a 15k KC along side a 15k arcane in the same second hurts.

#19 kravnos

kravnos
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Lightning's Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:23 PM

i made BM popular because it had unlimited focus

you can stop using it now, it sucks

#20 Esiwdeer

Esiwdeer
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/1/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 276
  • 3v3: 1704
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:54 PM

Good players stop pets from being effective. Look at top WLS vs WLS. If it ever got to the point where your pet was a deciding factor in an arena match, people would start totally negating it... just like they do to Warlock pets.

Hunter needs sustained damage with potential for burst, not just potential for burst.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<