#22 Redboww

Redboww
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/2/0/0/.

Posted 04 July 2011 - 08:13 PM

you guys are being retarded, energy and focus are virtually the same thing, except one is defined by passive regen, and the other is a combination of passive and casted regen. If you dont understand that, I dont know what to tell you.
edit: if rogues had to cast, or use an ability that generates 9 energy, does extremely small damage, and they cut your regen to 4 energy/sec, how would you like that? Probably not much, but I guess the tradeoff is we can use our stuff from range. JK LOS. Anyway, with rogues being allowed to regen passively, instead of wasting globals casting some shit, it allows you to use some more utility than hunters have the opportunity to. AND you have combo points. That is essentially what the wholle instant aimed shot thing tries to do, but it fails in that its rng. It baffles me that you guys dont see how this is a valid arguement

Edited by Redboww, 04 July 2011 - 08:17 PM.

#23 amazingbird

amazingbird
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 04 July 2011 - 08:25 PM

I love post that won't end up anywhere :)

#24 Affect

Affect
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 04 July 2011 - 08:47 PM

Why would you want to encourage hitting less buttons? Is it too hard for you or something?

Edit: See mage class for e.g.
Icelance spamming is oh so fun, despite its effectiveness  B)

Edited by Affect, 04 July 2011 - 08:49 PM.

#25 hello

hello
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 04 July 2011 - 08:54 PM

View PostAffect, on 04 July 2011 - 08:47 PM, said:

Why would you want to encourage hitting less buttons? Is it too hard for you or something?

Edit: See mage class for e.g.
Icelance spamming is oh so fun, despite its effectiveness  B)

it's not a difficulty problem, the mechanic is just awkward. Imagine playing mage with frostbolt doing zero damage but having to use it in order to icelance more than a couple times in a row. And also not being able to finish the cast when people get close to you.

#26 Redboww

Redboww
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:09 PM

View Posthello, on 04 July 2011 - 08:54 PM, said:

it's not a difficulty problem, the mechanic is just awkward. Imagine playing mage with frostbolt doing zero damage but having to use it in order to icelance more than a couple times in a row. And also not being able to finish the cast when people get close to you.

this, but you can cast the 0 damage frostbolt while moving, and everyones counter arguement to you saying hunters need help is that they can cast their 0 damage spell while moving.

#27 Broxxy

Broxxy
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/2/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1706
  • 3v3: 2134

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:10 PM

View PostSupastarpowa, on 04 July 2011 - 07:51 PM, said:

what part of

rogue base energy regen rofl

rogue: 10 / energy sec

hunter: 4 / focus sec

SERIOUSLY? seriously.

did you forget that you posted?

It's like saying

warrior: 1 / rage  every 3 sec
hunter: 12 / focus every 3 sec

Maybe your focus regen should be changed like your suggestion, but i fail to see how energy has anything to do with focus, other than the fact that they share some similarities.  Trying to use that as supporting evidence is completely illogical.

So you admit focus and energy have similarities but comparing the two in any fasion is "illogical" The OP shows a comparison between two similar systems and suggests a pvp fix to bring one more in line with the other and your arguement was ..what again?

#28 phishy

phishy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Laughing Skull
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:14 PM

View PostQtpoo, on 04 July 2011 - 07:41 PM, said:

looks like a lot of people have downs.

it clearly says nerf our mechanic of gaining focus by the same coefficient that the base would be increased by; making the end result exactly the same in pve but we'd gain a bit more focus passively instead of having to steady in pvp.

That's a good idea

Now what does that have to do with :rogue: energy

#29 Supastarpowa

Supastarpowa

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:22 PM

View PostBroxxy, on 04 July 2011 - 09:10 PM, said:

So you admit focus and energy have similarities but comparing the two in any fasion is "illogical" The OP shows a comparison between two similar systems and suggests a pvp fix to bring one more in line with the other and your arguement was ..what again?
Having similarities doesn't make it smart to compare them.

For instance, both energy and mana regenerate.  we cant draw the conclusion that energy regen needs to be buffed because its only 10 per second, but mana is 400+ per second.

This was op's argument.  Focus doesn't regen nearly as fast as energy, so buff focus!

His comparison of energy and focus fails to support his suggested change because like i said, it makes no sense to just compare the base regen when there are obviously many more factors that make the resource systems unique.

My argument doesn't necessarily have anything against his proposed change, just that the logic behind it is incredibly unsound.

btw I never said it is illogical to compare them in any fashion... maybe you should reread what I posted.

Edited by Supastarpowa, 04 July 2011 - 09:24 PM.

View PostMihMa, on 06 August 2011 - 07:55 PM, said:

After 10 min of shit music:
- Hey man, u lost. What's about it?
- Yo I made wrong house so robots cant laser strong enough so I lost
- And u dude u won!
- YEAH MY ROBOTS I LEARN ULTRA LASERS FOR EM SO I WON!

repeat 20 times @ day. there is eu invitational.

#30 Spacerlol

Spacerlol
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:44 PM

View PostGurug, on 04 July 2011 - 06:26 PM, said:

you do realise if you had the same regen as rogues do, you'd basically shit on everything 10 times faster than you already do.
So if i had more focus i cud spam more 4k arcane shots? damn man that wouud be COMPLETLY absurd.

#31 Spacerlol

Spacerlol
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:48 PM

View PostDagin, on 04 July 2011 - 07:46 PM, said:

Yeah bro how many hunters did u see after warriors got nerf rofl.
I wouldnt say the war nerf was the reason hunters just left arena it was more because of fkds buff along with spirit link. Most hunter comps have 1 maybe 2 windows of opportunity to land a kill with cooldowns and cds usually early on in the match spirit link and fdk melee cleaves just shut us donw kfc was still rlly strong in 4.1 its jsut most fdk teams and lock/rsham teams coutnered the shit out of kfc. excuse grammar typed this in a hurry ^.^

#32 Broxxy

Broxxy
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/2/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1706
  • 3v3: 2134

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:56 PM

View PostSupastarpowa, on 04 July 2011 - 09:22 PM, said:

Having similarities doesn't make it smart to compare them.

For instance, both energy and mana regenerate.  we cant draw the conclusion that energy regen needs to be buffed because its only 10 per second, but mana is 400+ per second.

This was op's argument.  Focus doesn't regen nearly as fast as energy, so buff focus!

His comparison of energy and focus fails to support his suggested change because like i said, it makes no sense to just compare the base regen when there are obviously many more factors that make the resource systems unique.

My argument doesn't necessarily have anything against his proposed change, just that the logic behind it is incredibly unsound.

btw I never said it is illogical to compare them in any fashion... maybe you should reread what I posted.

Yeah I can see your point...IF the op picked a completely absurd example like mana regen vs focus or mana regen vs rage or mana regen vs energy. Instead he chose the most similar comparison you can make between all the different systems. Rogue energy vs hunter focus. Between two primarly physical damage class' . Fair comparison. I think the jist we all agree on besides the random mage that thinks we will be 10 times more powerful than we "already are" is that casting steadies to regen is flawed vs the smooth more well rounded way a rogue regens.

#33 hello

hello
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 04 July 2011 - 10:06 PM

View PostRedboww, on 04 July 2011 - 09:09 PM, said:

this, but you can cast the 0 damage frostbolt while moving, and everyones counter arguement to you saying hunters need help is that they can cast their 0 damage spell while moving.

I don't think they should have ever given us steady on the move. doesn't feel right at all.

Could just up passive energy regen, remove the regen from steady shot all together, make steady shot hit harder (but still cost 0 energy), and not have it casted on the move.

Then to burst if you're left alone, you could unload a steady shot and then a full focus bar. Would feel a lot more like wrath this way.

#34 Getrugged

Getrugged
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 04 July 2011 - 10:15 PM

View Posthello, on 04 July 2011 - 10:06 PM, said:

I don't think they should have ever given us steady on the move. doesn't feel right at all.

Could just up passive energy regen, remove the regen from steady shot all together, make steady shot hit harder (but still cost 0 energy), and not have it casted on the move.

Then to burst if you're left alone, you could unload a steady shot and then a full focus bar. Would feel a lot more like wrath this way.
i like this idea alot (aswell as qtpoo's)......ANYTHING except our current, horrible, USELESS system

it wouldnt even be hard to change....

someone post these 2 idea's on the official forums, gogo!!
The hunter formerly known as Magecrusher <3

#35 Dagin

Dagin
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightninghoof
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/1/0
  • RBG: 2049
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 04 July 2011 - 10:19 PM

I miss having mana.
Signature removed
"Too Big"- Nerd Vexo
Sorry guys too big
Dale
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=m-gVxKrzb4g
Posted Image

#36 Omglockzorx

Omglockzorx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • RBG: 2284

Posted 04 July 2011 - 10:46 PM

I dont think this is the best arguement, however i think everyone knows hunters need a buff. Those who disagree just dont know the class :)

#37 phishy

phishy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Laughing Skull
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 04 July 2011 - 10:59 PM

View PostOmglockzorx, on 04 July 2011 - 10:46 PM, said:

I dont think this is the best arguement, however i think everyone knows hunters need a buff. Those who disagree just dont know the class :)

people just hate giving hunters buffs because blizz usually just gives them more dmg when thats not whats needed

#38 Redboww

Redboww
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 04 July 2011 - 11:25 PM

Last season we were limited by our cooldowns, kind of how ret pallys were. Seems blizzard has tried to get away from the 'hit whatevers up' design, so I dont think we can expect that again. Maybe the solution lies in tweaking aspect of the fox? Its just a pain, because it has to be good enough so our damage is competitive, but we rely less on casting, yet not good enough to buff pve.

#39 Redboww

Redboww
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 04 July 2011 - 11:35 PM

View Postphishy, on 04 July 2011 - 10:59 PM, said:

people just hate giving hunters buffs because blizz usually just gives them more dmg when thats not whats needed

I think most hunters dont want a change to overall damage, so much as how that damage is delivered. There are numerous ways to fix the problem, shift some damage to steady shot, and reduce cast time to 1.5 sec, not effected by speed slows. Then we might do too much damage, or it will effect pve too much. I wish we could just give our abilities the cooldowns they had last season, and have infinite focus and go from there, but that wont work either..

#40 Jwt

Jwt
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1847
  • 3v3: 2222
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1951
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 05 July 2011 - 02:11 AM

remove cast time of steady shot...remove the deadzone..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<