Vyoh
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:59 AM

Official Blizzard Quote:

All healing critical strikes now heal for 2 times a normal heal (+100%), up from 1.5 times a normal heal (+50%).

Am I the only who sees the implications for Necrotic Strike? Considering a DK's damage is mostly indirect damage through NS, healers critting for much much more just seems like a pretty big hit to our "damage". Now that Holy Paladins are going to stack crit (many of them are, at least) and them generally being better, Shamans having a lot of crit related mechanics definitely don't shy away from Crit either. The only two healers I don't think this is going to matter much for are the other two, Disc & Tree.

I fear a little that Healers might start outscaling Necrotic Strike soon which I'm sure no healer is sad about, however considering how much DK's are "balanced" around Necrotic Strike right now I can see it causing issues.

Do note I'm not whining about this change at all, the state of DK's or anything related to "QQ". I'm merely wondering if anyone has considered this indirect nerf to us and whether or not it will have implications beyond the occasional LOL THIS SHAMAN JUST CRIT HIS WARLOCK PARTNER FOR 130K LOL xD!

#2 Ponen

Ponen
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/1/2/1/0
  • RBG: 1936
  • LocationFinland

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:00 AM

DK dmg is over the top even without the hidden dmg

edit: rofl why do you think that this somehow effects DK more than other dps classes?

Edited by Ponen, 25 June 2011 - 11:03 AM.

#3 Cyraxx

Cyraxx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationHungary

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:03 AM

Its a small nerf for every dmg dealer class, just saying :)

#4 Natusia of eHEROES

Natusia of eHEROES
  • Natusia
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:03 AM

View PostVyoh, on 25 June 2011 - 10:59 AM, said:

Official Blizzard Quote:

All healing critical strikes now heal for 2 times a normal heal (+100%), up from 1.5 times a normal heal (+50%).

Am I the only who sees the implications for Necrotic Strike? Considering a DK's damage is mostly indirect damage through NS, healers critting for much much more just seems like a pretty big hit to our "damage". Now that Holy Paladins are going to stack crit (many of them are, at least) and them generally being better, Shamans having a lot of crit related mechanics definitely don't shy away from Crit either. The only two healers I don't think this is going to matter much for are the other two, Disc & Tree.

I fear a little that Healers might start outscaling Necrotic Strike soon which I'm sure no healer is sad about, however considering how much DK's are "balanced" around Necrotic Strike right now I can see it causing issues.

Do note I'm not whining about this change at all, the state of DK's or anything related to "QQ". I'm merely wondering if anyone has considered this indirect nerf to us and whether or not it will have implications beyond the occasional LOL THIS SHAMAN JUST CRIT HIS WARLOCK PARTNER FOR 130K LOL xD!

Wow really good joke - its not like 3x back to back frost strike 30k crits are not your main source of damage

#5 Thugonomics8

Thugonomics8
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:07 AM

10/10 troll.
Posted Image

#6 Polizei

Polizei
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:38 AM

Anyone considered this is a huge buff for retris because you know they heal with wog and shit..
<poliisi mies kerho>

#7 Swiftending

Swiftending
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 25 June 2011 - 12:16 PM

Every class' buff is a hidden DK nerf, you heard it here first

#8 TomAlek

TomAlek
  • Members

Posted 25 June 2011 - 02:05 PM

It's nerf for every comp running straight on healer, cya TSG?
Posted Image

#9 Leonardu

Leonardu
  • Leonardó
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 25 June 2011 - 02:05 PM

View PostVyoh, on 25 June 2011 - 10:59 AM, said:

Official Blizzard Quote:

What the fuck did you smoke?

#10 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 25 June 2011 - 02:12 PM

You still get a hefty 15% str buff as unholy in the next patch coupled with the fact an improved ms will be most likely be introduced in the game as it has been stated in a blue post some time ago.Besides the 75% ap coefficient necrotic strikes makes it one of the best scaling strikes in game.

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#11 Tiffzor

Tiffzor
  • Locationnorth korea

Posted 25 June 2011 - 02:44 PM

wait wat, deathstrike should crit!

#12 Beargryllzx

Beargryllzx
  • Members

Posted 25 June 2011 - 02:55 PM

View PostLeonardu, on 25 June 2011 - 02:05 PM, said:

What the fuck did you smoke?

?

#13 Kryye

Kryye
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 25 June 2011 - 02:58 PM

View PostNatusia of eHEROES, on 25 June 2011 - 11:03 AM, said:

Wow really good joke - its not like 3x back to back frost strike 30k crits are not your main source of damage

Full Vicious + Hurricane Deck, Synapse Springs, Swordguard Embroidery, and Pillar of Frost just made my Frost Strike crit for 23K on the target dummy.  -40% for resil and you're looking at 14K crits on players with procs up.

With no procs on the target dummy, frost strike hits for 10K, howling blast hits for 8K and Necrotic Strike hits for 5K + 9K absorb while applying curse of tongues. Necrotic Strike is where all our pressure comes from.

The reason this crit heal buff affects death knights more than other classes is because healers being able to keep themselves topped off means we lose our 30% slow.

Official Blizzard Quote:

Even the amount that PVP can alter the PVE game in WoW is unacceptable to us.  Whenever we run into a case of 'this would be really awesome for PVE' but then the PVP guy says 'that kind of screws us in PVP' the answer is always 'SHUT UP PVP GUY, it's awesome in PVE so that's what we're doing!'

#14 Abidalzim

Abidalzim
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1740

Posted 25 June 2011 - 03:22 PM

View PostKryye, on 25 June 2011 - 02:58 PM, said:

Full Vicious + Hurricane Deck, Synapse Springs, Swordguard Embroidery, and Pillar of Frost just made my Frost Strike crit for 23K on the target dummy.  -40% for resil and you're looking at 14K crits on players with procs up.

With no procs on the target dummy, frost strike hits for 10K, howling blast hits for 8K and Necrotic Strike hits for 5K + 9K absorb while applying curse of tongues. Necrotic Strike is where all our pressure comes from.

The reason this crit heal buff affects death knights more than other classes is because healers being able to keep themselves topped off means we lose our 30% slow.
Obviously a l2p issue. ^^

I was recently playing on my 3800 resi rshaman vs a tsg and got soloed by a frost dk. Combat log revealed 4 out of 5 frost strikes have crit me, the highest one was over 24k.
Zaka pa te če naja morš te ne, te pa če pa te ne čuj, kaj te to te je, ne?

#15 Djekaylol

Djekaylol
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 2/0/0/1/1/1
  • RBG: 959
  • LocationSWEDEN

Posted 25 June 2011 - 03:30 PM

View PostAbidalzim, on 25 June 2011 - 03:22 PM, said:

Obviously a l2p issue. ^^

I was recently playing on my 3800 resi rshaman vs a tsg and got soloed by a frost dk. Combat log revealed 4 out of 5 frost strikes have crit me, the highest one was over 24k.

That just doesnt happen
"We lost because we didnt win" - Ronaldo(The real one)

#16 Vyoh

Vyoh
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 25 June 2011 - 03:41 PM

You guys are pulling numbers out of your ass. The only thing I'm missing is Kings/Might (whichever random XYZ TSG prefers to use).

Posted Image

With Ashkandi HC + Pauldrons of the Great Ettin HC. Full offensive gemming. Aka not a lot of gear/setup people will have.

#17 Leonardu

Leonardu
  • Leonardó
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 25 June 2011 - 03:42 PM

View Postxedoron, on 25 June 2011 - 02:55 PM, said:

?

I'm going to fucking laugh my ass off when people prefer to gem like 4% crit compared to 400 intellect.

#18 Loopie

Loopie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Neptulon
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 25 June 2011 - 03:54 PM

View PostNatusia of eHEROES, on 25 June 2011 - 11:03 AM, said:

the highest crit i did with froststrike in this season with full procs trinkets is 24k

#19 Leonardu

Leonardu
  • Leonardó
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 25 June 2011 - 04:07 PM

View PostLoopie, on 25 June 2011 - 03:54 PM, said:

the highest crit i did with froststrike in this season with full procs trinkets is 24k

The guy you're quoting is known for being retarded.

#20 Nermó

Nermó
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Feral Combat
  • LocationSweden

Posted 25 June 2011 - 04:08 PM

I made a DK on TR and crit a disc for 32k with obliterate hello
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic