- Our max range back. (4 yards more than casters it should be)
- We need our MS workable again (either needs passive application or actually be worth casting...)
- Focus sucks but its here to stay sadly, so we need a more reliable way to actually punish someone. Doing Chimera + Arcane then Steadying for 8 seconds over and over again is just stupid and an even dumber mechanic than old school ret "dps" mechanics I.e hitting whats lit up.
- Steady Shot needs to do FAR more damage. (obvious)
- A talent that increases critical strike chance would be much appreciated too, because lets face it, if we dont crit we dont do ANY damage at all. If we do crit, our damage is still bad but "okay enough" to be able to get a kill with your partners.
- Kill Shot needs a big damage buff. Remove the glyph allowing double Kill Shot for all i care, but it needs a major damage buff. It hits for more at lvl 80 than it does now (and so did steady for that matter)...
- Baseline fel dom for our pets (Locks have it, DKs have it, but only BM has it (8 min cooldown for them too...)...aren't we supposed to be the pet class?
- Freezing Trap to not break off 1 single HP of dmg.
- Scatter Shot to be a stun (we have 0 stuns, and itll allow scatter to be more useful other than just a absolute requirement for landing traps, with the obvious effect that we can land traps if a target has a 20 dmg ticking dot that would have otherwise broke it.
- Snakes to not apply Deadly Poison.
- Roar of Recovery (Pet Ability), it used to be 30% mana on a 3 minutes CD in wotlk. It is now 30 FOCUS over 9 seconds (WTF?) on a 3 minute CD...Buff this by increasing the focus gained greatly (i think it should be a full focus bar refill to help with our non-existant burst, and it should be instant). 5 Minute CD.
- Add a "Glyph of Freezing Trap" to remove dots (Rogues have it, Mages have it)...increases the synergy with casters which hunters MAJORLY lack atm.
There are all the bugs (Trap Resists, Silence and Tranq shot range fixed, Chimera daze effect is not working through shields, pet returning on 5k hp after calling it/rezzing it etc, etc) that need to be fixed.
All those things with put hunters in a decent and fair place. It will greatly increase the skill cap that got absolutely crushed with this horrible expansion, allow hunters to have a more versatile gamerole (increased range for kiting casters and scatter being a stun ---> also allows hunters to switch to healers, which atm is pretty much never ever). Barely any of these changes are damage increases except kill shot and steady shot, which we can all agree hits for far far FARRRRRRRRRRR too little.
Edit: Decided to do some number testing for the disbelievers.
Damage on a 3700 Resilience Ret pally: (Full geared, agility gemmed hunter. Self Buffed)
Aim Shot Shot:
Average Hit: 5.5k, Average Crit: 11.4k
Average Hit: 4.2k, Average Crit: 9.4k
Average Hit: 1.2k, Average Crit: 2.7k
Things To Note:
- Steady Shots average hit is 1.2k and auto shot out damages it!
- Aimed Shot, is a 3 second cast time and costs half our focus bar, and its Average Hit is a pathetic 5.5k...
- Kill Shot is supposed to be our finisher, and its average hit is 4.2k.
The numbers dont lie.
Edited by johnnybp, 20 June 2011 - 08:40 PM.