#1 Rowien

Rowien
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents:

Posted 26 October 2007 - 07:43 PM

Been doing 3v3 for a while, have a 2100-2150 rating right now.

Looking to start doing 2v2, I've tried it with a SL lock and it diddnt go over great.

Any classes I can combo with to have a decent 2v2? (Beside warrior)

#2 Shadowborne

Shadowborne
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Stormscale
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 26 October 2007 - 07:45 PM

SL/SL lock chances are you were not playing the combo properly or your Warlock was just bad. It's by far the best 2v2 combo with a Paladin. Warrior is mediocore and really requires gimicky gear set-ups like shadow resist and PVE gear to play properly. I've seen a few 2000-2100 rogue/paladin but in my opinion it's a bad combination.

#3 Kadrix

Kadrix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/1/1/.

Posted 26 October 2007 - 08:06 PM

Shadowborne said:

SL/SL lock chances are you were not playing the combo properly or your Warlock was just bad. It's by far the best 2v2 combo with a Paladin. Warrior is mediocore and really requires gimicky gear set-ups like shadow resist and PVE gear to play properly. I've seen a few 2000-2100 rogue/paladin but in my opinion it's a bad combination.

I wouldn't exactly say that rogue/Paladin is a "bad" combo, it's just incredibly frustrating to play. I just hit 2100 last night running rogue/paladin. You are best off finding a SL/SL warlock, or a warrior though.

There is a team named potato chips from kil'jaeden that are in the top 40 as rogue/paladin, so it can work.

#4 Verto

Verto
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 30 October 2007 - 01:55 AM

I play paly rogue in 2v2 right now (2073 rating atm).  I'm on a pve server and have a limited talent pool to pick from.  It's hard to get good players with gear AND a schedule.  My rogue friend is on when I'm on and he's a great player.

The rogue is currently combat swords which hurts us a LOT (he used to PVE a lot more and is going maces next season - hopefully the hemo - mace build I keep seeing)

The combo is really weak against any warrior/healer team and isn't all that great against teams with druids.  Other than the warrior or druid teams you can do really well.  You really like to play against pally/lock teams.  your rogue can lock down the lock while you mess with the pally by just autoattacking with seal of justice to screw up heals and DPS on the felhunter with exorcism/holy shocks.  It almost balances out because of how lame fighting warrior/druid is.

Next season the Pally/Rogue combo will probably be atleast as good as warrior/pally

#5 Shadowborne

Shadowborne
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Stormscale
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 30 October 2007 - 01:59 AM

Verto said:

I play paly rogue in 2v2 right now (2073 rating atm).  I'm on a pve server and have a limited talent pool to pick from.  It's hard to get good players with gear AND a schedule.  My rogue friend is on when I'm on and he's a great player.

The rogue is currently combat swords which hurts us a LOT (he used to PVE a lot more and is going maces next season - hopefully the hemo - mace build I keep seeing)

The combo is really weak against any warrior/healer team and isn't all that great against teams with druids.  Other than the warrior or druid teams you can do really well.  You really like to play against pally/lock teams.  your rogue can lock down the lock while you mess with the pally by just autoattacking with seal of justice to screw up heals and DPS on the felhunter with exorcism/holy shocks.  It almost balances out because of how lame fighting warrior/druid is.

Next season the Pally/Rogue combo will probably be atleast as good as warrior/pally

The downside is some warlock/paladin teams have a different playstyle and they will just CoEx kite your rogue as they can dispell blessing of freedom and you cannot. So in turn if the Paladin/Warlock team you are facing uses this strategy you become weak against the team you thought you were strong against. Just food for thought as our battlegroups are two seperate ones and teams may have different playstyles. This is the main reason I think rogue/paladin is very weak, it has so many counters.

#6 Singularity

Singularity

Posted 30 October 2007 - 05:37 AM

SL/SL warlock.

#7 Dibloo

Dibloo
  • Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:08 AM

gonna be good

#8 Dibloo

Dibloo
  • Members