• US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2039
  • 3v3: 2519
  • 5v5: 1150
  • RBG: 959

Posted 18 July 2011 - 11:10 PM

The majority of your post is so full of fail it hurts me. If you aren't trying to do as much damage as possible, then you're doing it wrong. There are different ways to do that, however:

Mastery: You hit harder when they're frozen (i.e. Novas when they don't break, FoF procs, and DF)
Haste: You can sheep the healer faster + faster Frostbolts

If you're not casting Frostbolt right now, then you're really playing wrong.

It's quite easy to stack up to 20% Haste right now, and last season be at 17.5%. With IV your frostbolts are down to 1.4. And that's not including if you want absolute max speed, in which case getting that on-use haste trinket from BoT was an amazing idea to pump out 1 second Frostbolts. That's not only effectively double damage, but you can get 4 Frostbolts in a DF'd target.

If that's not burst damage, then I don't know what is.

How in the world can you get to 20% haste easily right now? I highest I was able to get was 16% and that held me to 14% crit and like 3k resilience.

#63 normalfreak2

normalfreak2
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:29 AM

wat

#64 Granter

Granter
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 19 July 2011 - 06:50 PM

I don't have to argue no one other than you has called it MPR.

Every single comp name that doesn't have something fancy as a name always groups the 2 dps together then the healer.

WLS
RLS
WMP
MLS
MLD
WLD
LSD (1)

i'm right the wow community is wrong, if you didnt notice everyone is totaly retarded when it comes to making up name on comps

#65 misios

misios
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction
  • LocationNorway

Posted 24 July 2011 - 03:25 PM

What stat would you recommend me stacking as a new mage? I'm currently gearing it up, and I havn't decided which to go for. However, I will not have access for any pve trinkets on it, what are your advices? i'm newb at mage and I need to learn it, do you think ordinary mage pvp mastery gear could carry me?
Posted Image

#66 Pownmeisterz

Pownmeisterz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 25 July 2011 - 07:42 AM

What stat would you recommend me stacking as a new mage? I'm currently gearing it up, and I havn't decided which to go for. However, I will not have access for any pve trinkets on it, what are your advices? i'm newb at mage and I need to learn it, do you think ordinary mage pvp mastery gear could carry me?

for you, intellect, for everyone else, mastery

Edited by Pownmeisterz, 25 July 2011 - 07:45 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#67 Trikso

Trikso
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Drak'thul
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 25 July 2011 - 05:03 PM

so lets go threw this again

a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t

it's mpr who ever said rmp or anything els is just retard, follow the fucking alphabet

it was always melee-caster-healer
2.7k nonglad Warrior commenting on RMP

overpowered

warrior reporting in

there are so many bad players at high ratings right now because they got a skill boost with 4.0.6 x.X

#68 Trikso

Trikso
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Drak'thul
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 25 July 2011 - 05:06 PM

and on topic - I try to keep more than 17% crit to have nice 50+% chance to shatter, with the rest going to mastery
2.7k nonglad Warrior commenting on RMP

overpowered

warrior reporting in

there are so many bad players at high ratings right now because they got a skill boost with 4.0.6 x.X

#69 Tyronebiggumz

Tyronebiggumz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/./.

Posted 25 July 2011 - 11:09 PM

The damage boost from mastery should definitely be nerfed.

#70 Bashel

Bashel
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Shadow
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:27 AM

Actually, crit vs mastery is kinda close.

If for example you take my mage's stats (15% crit, +20% dmg from mastery)

179 crit rating means +1% crit => +3% crit on frozen targets (then add the +20% dmg from mastery) => +3.6% increased damage from getting +1% crit.

179 mastery rating means +1 mastery which means +2.5% dmg on frozen targets (then add the 45% crit chance) => +3.625% increased damage from getting +1 mastery.

CONCLUSION: With average item level 371 fully reforged to mastery, getting mastery > crit from this point is slightly better on frozen targets.

Keep in mind though, that crit also affects hard casted frost bolts with no freeze or nova up.

This means that once we reach a certain gear level with enough mastery, we should go back to crit etc (even when ONLY caring about damage on frozen targets).

I know this is simple, but for those that haven't done it yet: there's the math for you.

EDIT: This is without any buffs, if you run with a rogue or feral for instance, mastery will stay good for a looong time.

Edited by Bashel, 26 July 2011 - 01:33 AM.

Posted Image
Chillin' for the season.

Official Blizzard Quote:

*The' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2325684862']*The mouse can now no longer be used to turn player characters. In many cases, this gave certain players a slight advantage over those that used their keys to turn.

#71 everfever

everfever
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: ./././././.

Posted 26 July 2011 - 06:10 PM

I've been using +20Int/+20Mastery gems in yellow slots. Has anyone done any math to determine whether a +40Mastery gem might be better?

I have about 20% crit presently. Not playing with a rogue or a feral, though.

Edited by everfever, 26 July 2011 - 06:10 PM.

#72 Bashel

Bashel
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 26 July 2011 - 07:55 PM

Frostbolt gets +1.4 dmg for every +1 sp you get.

Ideal situation: Tailoring proc, trinket proc (human, yo), on use trinket AND power torrent proc which puts me at abit above 12k spell power, which means my frost bolts do around 18200 damage base.
Adding the 45% crit and +20% dmg from mastery which would mean average damage of 31668 per frostbolt (without resilience).

By changing a 20int/20mastery gem to 40 mastery, the frost bolts would do 18172 base dmg instead of 18200.
Adding +20 mastery rating means +0.11 mastery which means +0.279% dmg on frozen targets (added to the 20%).
With crit staying on 45%, this means the frost bolts would now do an average damage of 31693 per frostbolt.

No procs or cds: Spell power is around 7.9k, which means my frost bolts do around 12400 damage base.
20int/20mastery gemming: 21576 average damage
40mastery gemming: 21577 average damage

Conclusion:
Ideal situation (as Human, 12.2k spell power):+0.08% damage when swapping 20int/20 mastery for 40mastery (per gem.
No procs or cds used: +0.0046% damage per gem.

REMEMBER: This is on frozen targets ONLY.

That mastery is better than int even without any spell power procs or cds used actually surprised me.

Edit: but really, even with 12.2k sp, it's not even 1/10th of a percentage increase. That's not alot :P

Edited by Bashel, 26 July 2011 - 07:58 PM.

Posted Image
Chillin' for the season.

Official Blizzard Quote:

*The' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2325684862']*The mouse can now no longer be used to turn player characters. In many cases, this gave certain players a slight advantage over those that used their keys to turn.

#73 everfever

everfever
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: ./././././.

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:03 PM

Thanks for the analysis!

Looks as though the difference is negligible. Might not even bother swapping out my gems then. :lol:

#74 Bashel

Bashel
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:46 PM

Thanks for the analysis!

Looks as though the difference is negligible. Might not even bother swapping out my gems then. :lol:

You're welcome :)

Something to add:
By swapping 20int/20mastery for 40mastery and hard casting frost bolts on targets that are not frozen:
Everything procced (12.2k sp): -0.15% damage.
Nothing procced (7.9k sp): -0.22% damage.

For a single gem, that's actually alot.
Posted Image
Chillin' for the season.

Official Blizzard Quote:

#75 Tempestlol

Tempestlol

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:26 AM

The damage boost from mastery should definitely be nerfed.

Yeah pretty much, but blizzard won't do it for PvE, and nerf our CC, or survivability in PvP to "balance things" even though we just need burst nerfs.
Spoiler

#76 laiik

laiik
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:33 AM

in-before it gets reduced to 2% dmg increase

#77 Calx

Calx
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:14 PM

so lets go threw this again

a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t

it's mpr who ever said rmp or anything els is just retard, follow the fucking alphabet

you've been playing since season 1 and you still dont know that its NOT alphabetically arranged?

wow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<