seccitaj
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 960

Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:54 AM

We recently started playing RLS to push gladiator on our alts. While ago i made a thread asking how to beat TSG consistently as RLS, and with the tips i received in that thread, we've been able to win about 75% of the TSGs we have faced since then, which is something i think we should be at considering we are pretty new with the setup.

However, recently we have faced a lot of teams that have a mage and a melee in them (how suprising?), which are all giving us some trouble. Usually we are able to beat them the first time we face them, i don't really know if it's the element of surprise we have or what, but if we ever happen to meet them again, we are just hittin a brick wall. The way the mage is able to control me with his instant CC and lock down our rogue, the melee who is accompanied by the mage is able to push so much offensive pressure on my warlock even with very defensive portals, it seems really hard to recover. Eventually i will just eat a deep into ring into fear into blanket CS into something while my rogue is nova'd and my warlock dies when he is doing everything he can to survive the zerg he is up against.

Hence im trusting the community here on AJ who might be more experienced with RLS. Question is simple: What to do against setups such as and similar to the following:

- dk/mage/priest
- dk/mage/shaman
- warrior/mage/priest

We are currently hovering between 2650-2700, and i find these setups are the only thing stopping us at the moment.

Thanks in advance for everyone who replies with something constructive.

Edited by seccitaj, 13 June 2011 - 10:55 AM.

#2 misios

misios
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction
  • LocationNorway

Posted 13 June 2011 - 12:26 PM

what we like to do, is intercepting them before they can get in on us, and start hard at the melee. then I demonsoul/trinket dot their healer and we swap to him, to create momentum. Going for the mage seems to be a big no, unless you are at the pillar and hes coming in (in this scenario its already bad, because you should be pushing out as RLS)

What we aim for, is being aggresive with our cd's, or else the mage/melee/priest teams seems to annihilate us, by going for the healer hard later on, you will create multipressure on the melee/healer (if you keep dots up that is)

your shaman needs to be good at controlling the mage, and somehow manage to avoid some instnat cc. be vocal with your lock to control him as well.

other than that, try to lock out heals, get hexes going etc.
Posted Image

#3 ayraqt

ayraqt
  • Ayrá
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms
  • Locationengland

Posted 13 June 2011 - 12:26 PM

how in gods name does rls lose to wmp ?
Posted Image

#4 seccitaj

seccitaj
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 13 June 2011 - 12:31 PM

View Postayraqt, on 13 June 2011 - 12:26 PM, said:

how in gods name does rls lose to wmp ?

a ) No idea, like i obviously stated, we are new to the setup and only recently started playing it
b ) If i knew why it is happening, would i be here to ask for help?

Thanks for your ultimately helpful input tho. Keep it up.

Edited by seccitaj, 13 June 2011 - 12:33 PM.

#5 seccitaj

seccitaj
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 13 June 2011 - 12:32 PM

View Postmisios, on 13 June 2011 - 12:26 PM, said:

what we like to do, is intercepting them before they can get in on us, and start hard at the melee. then I demonsoul/trinket dot their healer and we swap to him, to create momentum. Going for the mage seems to be a big no, unless you are at the pillar and hes coming in (in this scenario its already bad, because you should be pushing out as RLS)

What we aim for, is being aggresive with our cd's, or else the mage/melee/priest teams seems to annihilate us, by going for the healer hard later on, you will create multipressure on the melee/healer (if you keep dots up that is)

your shaman needs to be good at controlling the mage, and somehow manage to avoid some instnat cc. be vocal with your lock to control him as well.

We have mostly been swapping back and forth between the mage and the warrior, to release their overall pressure. However it seems going for the healer against this setup more often might just be the key. Thanks for the tips. +rep

#6 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 13 June 2011 - 01:31 PM

View Postmisios, on 13 June 2011 - 12:26 PM, said:

wont work boy

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#7 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 13 June 2011 - 02:45 PM

On a serious note try to wear them down by peeling melee with your rogue while u dot em up.Keep swapping between melee and mage (yes mage is viable as a target)and you will win.Keep in mind tho-do not overexted and do not go over aggresive if you don't have stuns and coil ready cause they can gib you anytime if you dont pay attention.Good luck.

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#8 seccitaj

seccitaj
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 13 June 2011 - 03:02 PM

View PostBraindance, on 13 June 2011 - 02:45 PM, said:

On a serious note try to wear them down by peeling melee with your rogue while u dot em up.Keep swapping between melee and mage (yes mage is viable as a target)and you will win.Keep in mind tho-do not overexted and do not go over aggresive if you don't have stuns and coil ready cause they can gib you anytime if you dont pay attention.Good luck.

Appreciated. +rep

#9 towst

towst
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Affliction 2/2/2/2/0/0

Posted 13 June 2011 - 04:36 PM

what braindance said

#10 Barburas

Barburas
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2586

Posted 13 June 2011 - 04:42 PM

Actually, priest is very viable in spite of what some have said. We often have the most trouble when our priest is pressured. Generally would say priest/warrior are the best targets and just keep mage controlled between your lock/shaman.

#11 towst

towst
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Affliction 2/2/2/2/0/0

Posted 13 June 2011 - 07:03 PM

Ya...switch to priest especially when pain sup is down def can get you the win.  Just gotta make sure the war and mage aren't destroying something in the process.  Like blind war after trinket is down with a hex or fears + interrupts on the mage when you switch to priest but if the kill doesn't look like its going to happen I'd get the rogue back on the warrior quickly until you can line something up again for another "get a cd" or kill opportunity.  I do know that if you train the priest for too long and he's surviving for a while you run the risk of someone on your team dropping first if you let the warrior build up decent pressure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<