Jump to content

The individual Matchmaking Rating


  • Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Phewnix

Phewnix
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 351
  • Talents: Marksmanship
  • RBG: 768

Posted 12 June 2011 - 11:07 AM

  • The individual Matchmaking Rating column has been removed from the Rated Battleground scoreboard and replaced with a team Matchmaking Rating.

Atleast a start  B)
Posted Image

#2 Durial

Durial
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Posts: 885
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationEngland, London

Posted 12 June 2011 - 11:12 AM

View PostPhewnix, on 12 June 2011 - 11:07 AM, said:

  • The individual Matchmaking Rating column has been removed from the Rated Battleground scoreboard and replaced with a team Matchmaking Rating.

Atleast a start  B)

Who the fuck will play RBG only for some shit title anyways ?

Look @ me Hero of the Alliance :P Or whatever

Everyone pretty much played for the unique mounts, but now they're out the window and obtainable by everyone, so

Edited by Durial, 12 June 2011 - 11:13 AM.


#3 Guest_pheqqu_*

Guest_pheqqu_*

Posted 12 June 2011 - 11:14 AM

RBG srs bussiness

#4 Phewnix

Phewnix
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 351
  • Talents: Marksmanship
  • RBG: 768

Posted 12 June 2011 - 11:14 AM

View PostDurial, on 12 June 2011 - 11:12 AM, said:

Who the fuck will play RBG only for some shit title anyways ?

Look @ me Hero of the Alliance :P Or whatever
haha, I always leaves the arena if I notice we're against a battlemaster.

no but this hopefully means that blizzard knows they fcked up by showing the invidual MMR.
Posted Image

#5 Sentan

Sentan
  • Junkies
  • Posts: 335

Posted 12 June 2011 - 11:41 AM

What are you talking about? Ofc people would want to spend alot of time for Hero of the Alliance/Horde, pretty cool title.

#6 Radec

Radec
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Posts: 23
  • Talents: Survival 2/0/0/2/1/.

Posted 12 June 2011 - 12:18 PM

No it isn't : /

#7 Nielah

Nielah
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Sunstrider
  • Blackout
  • Posts: 151
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 12 June 2011 - 12:43 PM

Feat of strength, nomnom

#8 Emopandah

Emopandah
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 1525
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/2/1/2/2
  • RBG: 2275
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 12 June 2011 - 12:44 PM

View PostPhewnix, on 12 June 2011 - 11:07 AM, said:

  • The individual Matchmaking Rating column has been removed from the Rated Battleground scoreboard and replaced with a team Matchmaking Rating.

Atleast a start  B)
It changes nothing, the knowledge is public and will be repeated by people that feel the need to exploit in future seasons.

#9 natureswill

natureswill
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 566
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2347

Posted 12 June 2011 - 01:09 PM

this does nothing. The individual MMR column was actually a huge help because it allowed people to see when they would start losing points if they lost.  What a moronic change.

#10 Ufko

Ufko
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Sporeggar
  • Vindication
  • Posts: 445
  • Talents: Shadow
  • LocationPOORland

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:31 PM

View PostEmopandah, on 12 June 2011 - 12:44 PM, said:

It changes nothing, the knowledge is public and will be repeated by people that feel the need to exploit in future seasons.
3 things that need to be done to fix this
1) reset mmr
2) make it invisible on scoreboard
3)fix so highest player on the team wins least and loses most per game untill whole teams mmrs balance

#11 Maldazzar

Maldazzar
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 688
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:39 PM

or they could just make you lose/gain rating by comparing each player's individual mmr to the opposite team's average mmr

#12 Phewnix

Phewnix
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 351
  • Talents: Marksmanship
  • RBG: 768

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:55 PM

I know that this means shit, but what I said before: hopefully blizzard have understand that they've fucked up and this is their first step in their Operation: Fix Arenas
Posted Image

#13 Witness

Witness
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Gorgonnash
  • Blutdurst
  • Posts: 973
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 12 June 2011 - 03:03 PM

It doesn't change anything as by now everyone knows how the system works.

Lolflay said:

when a person doesn't enter arena until the gates open ( like it ends up in 2v3 ), the arena match isn't counted and is automatically a draw when the gates open ( without the annoying -16 for both teams ), thus no one gains or loses pts/MMR.

Sychoticlese said:

I would've loved this back in s5/s6 when my microwave would interfere with my router if someone started using it so I had a rule that nobody was allowed to use the microwave while I did arena.

#14 Leonardu

Leonardu
  • Leonardó
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Posts: 486
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 12 June 2011 - 03:29 PM

View PostPhewnix, on 12 June 2011 - 11:07 AM, said:

  • The individual Matchmaking Rating column has been removed from the Rated Battleground scoreboard and replaced with a team Matchmaking Rating.

Atleast a start  B)

Why not post from Beethoven ;) ?

#15 Phewnix

Phewnix
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 351
  • Talents: Marksmanship
  • RBG: 768

Posted 12 June 2011 - 03:37 PM

View PostLeonardu, on 12 June 2011 - 03:29 PM, said:

Why not post from Beethoven ;) ?
Why not post from Felic ;) ?
Posted Image

#16 Scyber

Scyber
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 153
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 12 June 2011 - 03:57 PM

View PostWitness, on 12 June 2011 - 03:03 PM, said:

It doesn't change anything as by now everyone knows how the system works.
WoW uses a known MMR system. Blizzard announced what system they were using before implementing MMR. Just because you didn't know how it worked or noticed how it worked doesn't mean others didn't. Maybe you didn't every switch partners or something. Obviously seeing the numbers helps, but it's entirely not required and if you think not seeing the numbers after would not change anything, you should probably realize that that means nothing has ever changed to anyone who actually read blue posts and cared enough to do anything.

#17 Kleevage

Kleevage
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Khaz Modan
  • Vengeance
  • Posts: 313
  • Talents: Feral Combat

Posted 12 June 2011 - 04:53 PM

View PostScyber, on 12 June 2011 - 03:57 PM, said:

WoW uses a known MMR system. Blizzard announced what system they were using before implementing MMR. Just because you didn't know how it worked or noticed how it worked doesn't mean others didn't. Maybe you didn't every switch partners or something. Obviously seeing the numbers helps, but it's entirely not required and if you think not seeing the numbers after would not change anything, you should probably realize that that means nothing has ever changed to anyone who actually read blue posts and cared enough to do anything.
This is just a terribly ignorant post.  It isn't a coincidence that only after individual MMR's were able to be seen that this became a problem.  Not only do I not know of anyone who knew how to abuse the system prior to MMR being visible, but nobody even once mentioned it on this site (which does a pretty damn good job of making issues known quickly).  If anyone did happen to figure out how to abuse it, it certainly wasn't widespread and an entire community of arena players failed to notice it happening.

#18 AfrothundeR

AfrothundeR
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Posts: 528
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 12 June 2011 - 04:59 PM

View PostKleevage, on 12 June 2011 - 04:53 PM, said:

This is just a terribly ignorant post.  It isn't a coincidence that only after individual MMR's were able to be seen that this became a problem.  Not only do I not know of anyone who knew how to abuse the system prior to MMR being visible, but nobody even once mentioned it on this site (which does a pretty damn good job of making issues known quickly).  If anyone did happen to figure out how to abuse it, it certainly wasn't widespread and an entire community of arena players failed to notice it happening.
Exactly.

This is also why hiding the MMR won't fix it anymore. Way to many people know about it by now.

Also these are the only blue posts I could find like he was talking about, non of that yells out "EASILY EXPLOITABLE" to me idk

http://blue.mmo-cham...king-system-faq

http://blue.mmo-cham...nges-last-night

http://blue.mmo-cham...system-overview

http://blue.mmo-cham...n-clarification

#19 Celerity321

Celerity321
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Nordrassil
  • Emberstorm
  • Posts: 83
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 12 June 2011 - 05:06 PM

View PostUfko, on 12 June 2011 - 02:31 PM, said:

3 things that need to be done to fix this
1) reset mmr
2) make it invisible on scoreboard
3)fix so highest player on the team wins least and loses most per game untill whole teams mmrs balance

but that makes sense, what are you thinking man!

#20 Magneta

Magneta
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 396
  • Talents: Affliction
  • RBG: 1512

Posted 12 June 2011 - 05:18 PM

I really hope blizz is working on an ACTUAL fix for this exploit to follow up the shitty band-aid change. Because if this is all they're going to do, we're hosed. Arena is completely over if the rating system loses all semblance of integrity like this.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<