Ragolas10
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Zul'jin
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Elemental ./././././.
  • RBG: 1515

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:37 AM

I'm starting to look in to online poker but ran across the article that all the big sites were shut down and was wondering where people suggest playing where I can start out playing free and then once I get more experienced start playing for money without switching where I play. Also is this a bad decision to start in online poker with the big sites getting shut down?  Will I end up losing my money eventually from the smaller ones getting closed too?  Thanks

#2 Vexo

Vexo
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Combat 2/2/2/0/0/2

Posted 11 June 2011 - 05:54 AM

Pokerstars or fulltilt can still be used to play with play money.

#3 Kelarm

Kelarm
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2922

Posted 11 June 2011 - 08:59 AM

It's really a bad time to get into online poker for a US player.  There are a few operational sites (I think bodog, carbon, merge but I'm not sure at all) of decent-ish size but the experience would be nowhere near as good as it was on stars/FTP and you'd run a huge risk of getting shut down and losing your deposit.  Most of my poker-playing friends just straight quit after the DoJ got a dick in its ass (I quit as well), but even the handful who do still play just deposited only like $50 or so on these sites.  These are players who had thousands or tens of thousands in their stars/FTP accounts, but they feel that it's not worth the risk or the reward to make any kind of sizable deposit on these other sites.  So take that for what it's worth, I guess.

Official Blizzard Quote:

Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
Finally, I understand why pvp in this game is so bad.

#4 Lèbronn1296682080

Lèbronn1296682080
  • Members

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:45 PM

Try pokerstars I honestly doubt they will ever be shut down
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<