seccitaj
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 960

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:00 AM

We have been doing RLS on our alts for a few days now, and regardless of doing pretty well against most "balanced comps" and wizardcleaves, we are having some rough time with several different cleaves. This is why i was wondering if someone who is more widely experienced with RLS could shed some light on how to beat melee-heavy teams (and mage/warrior/priest that gives us rough time occasionally). I hear alot of people saying it's one of the better setups for warlock / rogue, but yet i somehow feel it's subpar to a lot of setups, so it might be we are missing something vital in our gameplay/strats.

Here are some topics i could use advice on:
- When should our rogue go offensive and when to concentrate mainly on peeling / control (should he be agressive in the start to get pressure rolling, or make room for the warlock to cast by controlling opponents before going agressive himself, etcetc.)
- Eventho we win like 60% of the TSGs (and other meleecleaves) at the moment, i feel we could do better. What to do when TSG goes for me (the shaman)? Who to peel first, who to focus damage on, what CC on who, who to sap, etc.
- General tips regarding the RLS playstyle, as we are quite inexperienced with the setup

Like said, we are doing well against most balanced comps and wizards, so mainly looking for advice in facing meleecleave in general. Thanks in advance for the ones who end up replying something relevant and helpful! :)

Edited by seccitaj, 09 June 2011 - 09:03 AM.

#2 Sammm

Sammm
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:19 AM

I like to play offensive and start getting pressure out early.  Try and get people to use CDs early, for instance vs a TSG we normally sap the DK, open on warrior so lock can get early dots, then I redirect KS the DK to get IBF, after that you can get LB from fear and then he's controllable.  Basically at the start try and get an opener that allows you to get pressure up fast.

We found vs melee cleaves that if you can peel the opening CDs then it's normally ok from then on.  Swapping to healers when possible is great since he can't heal the dots ticking away on the team mates.  Try and keep as offensive as possible so they cant recover and if the rogue starts to get kited, swap to whoever you can.

#3 Thugonomics8

Thugonomics8
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:43 AM

View Postseccitaj, on 09 June 2011 - 09:00 AM, said:

We have been doing RLS on our alts for a few days now, and regardless of doing pretty well against most "balanced comps" and wizardcleaves, we are having some rough time with several different cleaves. This is why i was wondering if someone who is more widely experienced with RLS could shed some light on how to beat melee-heavy teams (and mage/warrior/priest that gives us rough time occasionally). I hear alot of people saying it's one of the better setups for warlock / rogue, but yet i somehow feel it's subpar to a lot of setups, so it might be we are missing something vital in our gameplay/strats.

Here are some topics i could use advice on:
- When should our rogue go offensive and when to concentrate mainly on peeling / control (should he be agressive in the start to get pressure rolling, or make room for the warlock to cast by controlling opponents before going agressive himself, etcetc.)
- Eventho we win like 60% of the TSGs (and other meleecleaves) at the moment, i feel we could do better. What to do when TSG goes for me (the shaman)? Who to peel first, who to focus damage on, what CC on who, who to sap, etc.
- General tips regarding the RLS playstyle, as we are quite inexperienced with the setup

Like said, we are doing well against most balanced comps and wizards, so mainly looking for advice in facing meleecleave in general. Thanks in advance for the ones who end up replying something relevant and helpful! :)
This is where you need your rogue to go RECKFUL CONTROL. Shadow dance cheap shot the entire team until DR for maximum peels. Gouge EVERYTHING on CD and pre kick to get their cast super quick. After like 25 seconds the warlock will have full maximum korean dots rolling which will p much solo everything.
Posted Image

#4 seccitaj

seccitaj
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 09 June 2011 - 11:55 AM

Thanks for both of you for the great advice, greatly appreciated. Incase someone has more insight, keep it coming, it'll surely come in hand.

Edited by seccitaj, 09 June 2011 - 11:55 AM.

#5 Conceitedlol

Conceitedlol
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:00 PM

View PostThugonomics 8==D, on 09 June 2011 - 10:43 AM, said:

This is where you need your rogue to go RECKFUL CONTROL. Shadow dance cheap shot the entire team until DR for maximum peels. Gouge EVERYTHING on CD and pre kick to get their cast super quick. After like 25 seconds the warlock will have full maximum korean dots rolling which will p much solo everything.
We usually save all our cooldowns and play defensively so TSG can kill us in 15 seconds in the opener

#6 misios

misios
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction
  • LocationNorway

Posted 09 June 2011 - 06:56 PM

a general strat right now is putting your rogue on healers when you have control of the game, it'll lead to a very low healing output from the healer while your lock is spreading his dots on the enemy team. This let you create pressure / force trinkets (if you cc that healer so he cant heal).

Although you cant tunnel the healer for too long if you see your pressure falling
Posted Image

#7 seccitaj

seccitaj
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 10 June 2011 - 06:47 AM

View Postmisios, on 09 June 2011 - 06:56 PM, said:

a general strat right now is putting your rogue on healers when you have control of the game, it'll lead to a very low healing output from the healer while your lock is spreading his dots on the enemy team. This let you create pressure / force trinkets (if you cc that healer so he cant heal).

Although you cant tunnel the healer for too long if you see your pressure falling

Thanks for this. We have been thinking that it would be something like this, e.g rogue jumping back and forth between the healer / dps to create that somewhat of an "chaotic" feeling to the opposing team. However it seems to be really hard to execute at least against some teams (for example mage/warrior/priest) due to the insane amount of damage they are able to push on my warlock (who is still in partial bloodthirsty gear) while my rogue isn't there to peel.

Anyhoo, +reppin' you all who have been constructive so far, thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<