Theorycrafting fixes to arena (not balance)

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 demonfear

demonfear
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Ner'zhul
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:37 AM

MMR abuse
Instead of the higher person automatically being assumed as a carrier, all people should gain and lose MMR equally OR the highest person should win the least mmr and lose the most mmr (but not have the difference be that significant)

Gladiator Carries and people sitting on teams from beginning of season
Edit: Replaced rating decay with mmr reset. After every season, personal mmr's should reset so that inflation will not make it possible to get a team high enough in the beginning of a season with a retarded comp (double mage 5's in beginning of s9 for example) or get someone else to play your account and then sit on it for the rest of the season.

Queue's taking forever

Blizzard should just merge the bg groups already, like all east coast should be on the same bg group and all west coast should be the same bg group. They could just do this randomly and not announce it so they can make it look like WoW isn't dying. If they don't announce it and there's faster queues, it'll look like WoW is actually very active and you'll see more people doing 5's. Top 5 in a bg get "rank 1" title

Edit: Queue pop

After the queue pops, there should be no way you can leave queue, you should be able to join while in combat, while fatigued, or while dead, arena should remove rez sickness, and the queue should last an additional 20 seconds.

If you guys like the ideas, then I'll also post this on the WoW forums, but i'd rather post this here first to get some responses from experienced players.

Edited by demonfear, 14 June 2011 - 03:12 AM.

Spoiler

#2 rob-hype

rob-hype
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Feral 2/2/2/1/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1974
  • 3v3: 2276
  • RBG: 1498
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:47 AM

View Postdemonfear, on 08 June 2011 - 03:37 AM, said:

MMR abuse
Instead of the higher person automatically being assumed as a carrier, all people should gain and lose MMR equally OR the highest person should win the least mmr and lose the most mmr (but not have the difference be that significant)

Gladiator Carries and people sitting on teams from beginning of season
After about 2 weeks of a player not playing, their personal rating should decay by 5 pts a day and then build up to 10 pts a day after a month. Same for a team, if the team does not play then after 2 weeks they will start to decay but if only one member hasn't played, then their personal rating will go down but not affect any1 else. To counter this, people should gain personal rating even faster when catching up.

Queue's taking forever

Blizzard should just merge the bg groups already, like all east coast should be on the same bg group and all west coast should be the same bg group. They could just do this randomly and not announce it so they can make it look like WoW isn't dying. If they don't announce it and there's faster queues, it'll look like WoW is actually very active and you'll see more people doing 5's.

If you guys like the ideas, then I'll also post this on the WoW forums, but i'd rather post this here first to get some responses from experienced players.

Sounds like some solid idea's you have there.
Koreans need MMR fix imo.
Http://lmgtfy.com/?q...ral+Tichondrius

Feral Always :)

That awkward moment when you're reading this comment, and can't stop reading because you are so intrigued by it, that you keep reading, and then you realize it says nothing important - AJ Signatures

#3 Dante

Dante
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Dunemaul
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Arms
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationSarajevo

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:08 AM

Pretty decent ideas honestly, repped up.

#4 Starcookie

Starcookie
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:10 PM

Queue's taking forever

Blizzard should just merge the bg groups already, like all east coast should be on the same bg group and all west coast should be the same bg group. They could just do this randomly and not announce it so they can make it look like WoW isn't dying. If they don't announce it and there's faster queues, it'll look like WoW is actually very active and you'll see more people doing 5's. Top 5 in a bg get "rank 1" title

Queues are long because of lack of instance servers for the arena, not because of lack of teams. Look at TR, constantly teams playing, but long queues.

They've already increased instance servers for Arena, unless participation drastically increases, I can't see them doing it again in the near future.

#5 Phewnix

Phewnix
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Marksmanship
  • RBG: 768

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:09 PM

Like your suggestions!  B)

Edited by Phewnix, 08 June 2011 - 10:09 PM.

Posted Image

#6 Mom

Mom
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Feral Combat
  • LocationEau Claire, WI

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:00 PM

Rating decay is a stupid stupid solution to inactivity on the ladders. Blizzard should have a series of shorter seasons (who cares if it's even the same gear?) instead of forcing players to play. Every time they implement a change that forces players to play when they don't want to (rBG conquest points) the community rages.

#7 SeedSargeras

SeedSargeras
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Unholy 2/2/1/0/2/.
  • LocationNewfie

Posted 13 June 2011 - 07:05 AM

View PostMom, on 09 June 2011 - 05:00 PM, said:

Rating decay is a stupid stupid solution to inactivity on the ladders. Blizzard should have a series of shorter seasons (who cares if it's even the same gear?) instead of forcing players to play. Every time they implement a change that forces players to play when they don't want to (rBG conquest points) the community rages.

Rating decay is indeed a very bad idea, god forbid i take a month vacation to settle some rl things or just go anywhere, especially when the season lasts as long as they do e.g the last 2 seasons
:deathknight: Seed
Posted Image

#8 demonfear

demonfear
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Ner'zhul
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 14 June 2011 - 03:17 AM

K, thank you for your input. I thought two weeks was long enough to remove the possibility of not playing due to vacation and in the rare situations where it did, ur pr catching up quicker would help you catch up. With the way I set it up, it would take about 1 month and a week to drop 100 pr below team rating and thus out of gladiator requirement.

But whatever, I replaced this idea with mmr reset at beginning of season, and hope you guys like that proposition better.
Spoiler

#9 Lewisxo

Lewisxo
  • Members

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:16 PM

deletez z

Edited by Lewisxo, 18 September 2012 - 04:17 PM.

www.justin.tv/lewisyomage check out my stream and remember to hit the follow button :) i'll be streaming in 1080p around feb-march time!

#10 duskfallx

duskfallx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Demonology 0/1/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 2363
  • LocationPoland

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:55 AM

biggest problem in this game is people just spread across whole region and pick bgs with no competition just to get their titles. makes it very easy to wintrade/cheat as well. merging ALL bgs would fix that problem and make the game way better. that should be a start by Blizzard to make arena competitive. sadly, will never happen. I'd be glad and seriously surprised if that would ever happen.

#11 Descieaux

Descieaux
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Ravenholdt
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/2/2/0/.

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:51 AM

MMR abuse

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't this exactly why mmr was exploitable in s9? If player A has 2500 mmr and players B and C both have 1500, they beat an 1800 team, and person A gets the same amount of mmr that the other two get, his mmr will effectively never cap out. (That is unless you make it so that players B and C get the same minimal or zero mmr increase that player A gets, which also doesn't seem to make much sense to me). I think that mmr won/lost needs to be different across players on a team so that high and low mmr's will converge to that of the teams they are facing.
I do like the idea of resetting mmr for each season though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<