Kazmir21
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2186

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:34 PM

If my memory doesn't fail me, I think they made spirit link not usable in arena, or?

It was reverted, or just a bug that was fixed.

#42 loony

loony
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Wildhammer
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2727
  • 3v3: 3156
  • 5v5: 2469
  • RBG: 2458

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:36 PM

They are nerfing shamans

#43 Afrikayo

Afrikayo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Drak'thul
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/2/2/0/.

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:50 PM

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

LoL East & Nordic - Afrikayo lf solo Q 1500+

#44 Sadira

Sadira
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Shadowmoon
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:57 PM

Notes aren't finished yet, hopefully they increase dot damage a little to compensate.

#45 Berèn

Berèn
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/0/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1588
  • 3v3: 384

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:02 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#46 Disorderly

Disorderly
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Nathrezim
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Fire
  • LocationND

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:16 PM

You would think they would buff dot dmg in exchange. Locks tend to rely on soul swap as it is.

#47 misios

misios
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction
  • LocationNorway

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:34 PM

locks will still prevail, come the fuck at us! Blizz has tried nerfing our class for 9 fucking seasons, and they wont break us down lmao, we're too strong for them.

so every bitch thinking warlock will be fine now, come the fuck @ us and we'll fucking school you.

[email protected]

Edited by misios, 06 June 2011 - 05:34 PM.

Posted Image

#48 Alysana

Alysana
  • Junkies

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:34 PM

There's no way we'll be getting single target damage increase as long as the felhunter stays the way it is. We wont see a nerf to shadowbite either (maybe turn it into a 6 sec dot?) because it needs to be outdpsing succubus in PvE, which it didn't prior the buff.

#49 Yukio

Yukio
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction 2/2/2/0/2/0

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:38 PM

Notes aren't finished yet, hopefully they increase dot damage a little to compensate.

I think they want to see how things play out on ptr a bit before tweaking any damage coefficents.

Instinctively this change means you need a slight buff to periodic damage to even it out but they want to see some hard numbers before any damage tweaks. I wouldn't expect much though to compensate as soulswap isn't used on CD in most PVE boss encounters (Ascendant Council, killing adherents on Cho'Gall, and the p2-p3 transtion on Sinestra are the only ones I can think off where I use soulswap on CD) and warlocks are in an excellent PVE place. Boosting periodic damge to compensate for lost PVP damage would make us beyond OP in PVE.

Truthfully I'd be suprised if a 30 second CD makes it to live. I'd bet either the change is reverted or the CD ends up ~20 seconds. Also taking bets now that with 5.0 the spell is deleted.

#50 gangstalicious

gangstalicious
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:40 PM

wish they would just remove it let us be weak for a bit then buff us to compensate.(blizzard wont do it all at once so I have to be realistic)

#51 gangstalicious

gangstalicious
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:41 PM

cant their nerf shadow bolt to tone down pve and buff dots to help pvp? (not sure bout anything much pve)

#52 Krym

Krym
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • EU-Teldrassil
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:41 PM

If the patch succeeds at bringing frost dk's and rogues back into balance then a 30 sec CD on soul swap is fine.

dks needed survivability against warlocks?

Edit: this was meant as a joke,not a criticism...ah, nevermind.

Edited by Krym, 10 June 2011 - 07:53 AM.

#53 SoulSurvivors

SoulSurvivors
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Tarren Mill
  • Misery
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/0/0/0/0

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:48 PM

who cares when you can spam fear, you're an idiot

who cares when you can do 60k damage in opener on 3.5k res target, you're an idiot.

On a serious note, nerfing soulswap would maybe work if they would have buffed our single target damage, which is not happening. make warlocks use soulswap when they have to, not when it's 'off the cooldown'

Edited by SoulSurvivors, 06 June 2011 - 05:50 PM.

#54 Ynxeu

Ynxeu
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • RBG: 2372
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:51 PM

that must be the most irrelevant post of the month

idd note how all warlocks play with a shaman. Shamans make warlocks OP, with the amount off protection them give a warlock which only boosts his dmg. Locks dont even need to control when playing with a shaman, just plain dmg, rediculous

#55 Ynxeu

Ynxeu
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • RBG: 2372
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:52 PM

warlocks are too strong in comps like shadowcleave, wls, lsd, mls...

hehe
basically you want to say, shamans are to strong

#56 Behemothzz

Behemothzz
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/0/0/1

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:54 PM

haha the replies are so funny to watch
what i like on lock nerfs to do =)

#57 Yukio

Yukio
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction 2/2/2/0/2/0

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:55 PM

cant their nerf shadow bolt to tone down pve and buff dots to help pvp? (not sure bout anything much pve)

Soulswap is pretty insignifigant in PVE. It has limited uses in actual boss encoutners which is what PVE performance is built around. Only about 25% of an afflock's damage comes from shadowbolt with UA and corruption doing about just as much total damage over the course of an encounter.

This is a pure pvp nerf. Thirty seconds is probably too extreme though. Remember that prior to 4.1 souslwap's CD was briefly up to 20 seconds on the ptr before being lowered to 15 for live release. They are probably looking at where warlock periodic damage will be with the next tier's gear before finalizing soulswap's CD.

But yes overall it's a nerf.

And in my earlier post I left out Valiona and Theralion which is one of the two PVE encoutners soulswap is used on CD. Sorry tabbing in and out of the thread while in a metting at work so I don't have too long to construct replies here. B)

#58 Redboww

Redboww
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/2/0/0/.

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:10 PM

Tbh, on my lock I feel like the single target damage is fine. I am not a seasoned veteran lock, so I cant say how it felt in wotlk/tbc, but when im on my lock I feel like I can do so much more than my hunter anyway, If I play good we can win the game, not only based on damage but based mostly on the control I can put out. The damage is secondary, and with classes like lock/mage/rogue/etc, t hat is the way it should be. Some classes should just be like that. Ever since 4.1 at least, I think single target may be on the low side, but it isnt as unplayable as pre 4.1, thats for sure. Anyways, the only way to fix wow=caster/melee/healer 3s. No matter what else they do, double x/healer will always be retarded. Once gear becomes better, and stacking haste viable again, double caster may be just as stupid as double melee is now.
edit: also when i am not on my lock, and I play against them on tr, they are pretty unstoppable. Only way to deal with it is to train the living shit out of them, and pray you have a rogue or dk in your comp.

Edited by Redboww, 06 June 2011 - 06:11 PM.

#59 Bibles

Bibles
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:27 PM

If you were playing a warlock the last two months and you didn't see this coming, you are oblivious.

The glyph is idiotic anyway, I would greatly prefer an improved mechanic over an overpowered mechanic that they have to tweak every few months to keep in line and makes the class brain dead easy to play as well.

Good change, be nice to see something else (not necessarily a buff, just a mechanical change to dots or the spreading of them).

Edited by Bibles, 06 June 2011 - 06:29 PM.

#60 Seekay

Seekay
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Turalyon
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:30 PM

dks needed survivability against warlocks?

HOLY SHIT

Do you not know how to read? He's saying if dks and rogues get nerfed then it's fine to put a 30 second CD on soul swap.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<