Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help

You can no longer cast Hungering Cold while moving on the PTR


  • Please log in to reply
220 replies to this topic

#61 Jeazy

Jeazy
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Twilight's Hammer
  • Blackout
  • Posts: 196
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 05 June 2011 - 02:34 PM

DK's had their lucky buff presents from Blizz, next patch they will use another class! Which class will it be?

#62 Grishnaz

Grishnaz
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Posts: 263
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 05 June 2011 - 02:48 PM

No wonder people hate lopez, they dont actually read his posts then reply based on false assumptions.

#63 Slimxd

Slimxd
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Aggramar
  • Blackout
  • Posts: 88
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 05 June 2011 - 02:59 PM

View PostGLopez, on 05 June 2011 - 09:16 AM, said:


The spec is officially dead if it goes live like this.

Good.

#64 Mindflayz

Mindflayz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Vashj
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Posts: 419
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 05 June 2011 - 03:02 PM

Quote

does it matter anyway? i'm happy frost is getting nerfed, but dont forget it wont matter since with the death strike nerf, every dk will be dead meat in arena, we will probably have to spec blood in order to survive more than 45 seconds

edit: especially if playing with a druid

/sad but true ;(
+ rep me if im useless as ever :)

#65 Ufko

Ufko
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Sporeggar
  • Vindication
  • Posts: 445
  • Talents: Shadow
  • LocationPOORland

Posted 05 June 2011 - 03:08 PM

View PostBelligerent, on 05 June 2011 - 09:51 AM, said:

SUPER CAT FORM SKULL BASH
AURA MASTERY HUNGERING COLD
tsg is saved ;p

#66 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Posts: 2969
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 05 June 2011 - 03:35 PM

View PostDarusk, on 05 June 2011 - 11:12 AM, said:

Frost DK's need nerf, but Hungering Cold is not the thing that should be nerfed.
The biggest problem is how necrotic strike scales with cooldowns such as Pillar of Frost.
I love how mages post here and whine about the damage, any fully geared mage will push more burst damage and do bigger crits than equally geared frost DK. Mages have absurd control, absurd damage and absurd survivability.
Everyone is always blaming DK's for being overpowered, if you say the same about mages, then you just have "L2P issues".

tl;dr: There is other classes that are just as overpowered as death knights, nobody whines about them and they won't get nerfed. Do something about necrotic strike instead of hungering cold.

i think you missed the point as to why DK's are overpowered as frost .. if we're going to compare mage and dk damage then sure ill bite

1) if my cone of cold did 10k aoe splash damage then yes i would scream bloody nerfs all around

2) my ice lance actually does little damage if FoF isnt up.. you can oblit / frost strike w/e it is a DK does just by spreading aids which takes little to no effort in order to proc foF i need a chill effect .. if im not casting then its 1 of 3 abilities which is pet nova - frostfire orb - cone that would generate a FoF proc. IE Frozen Targets.

3) DK's ability to survive is what drives peoples nuts .. you are dying healer is cc'd no problem ill just pet sac / death strike / lich heal myself to full i mean .. really?

tldr - the damage coupled with the survival of a DK is what pushes people to scream out nerfs - how "easy" it is to play a deathknight when you have never touched one before is pretty hilarious (played one on the TR and holy hell..it was like christmas)
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix


http://www.anook.com/kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

#67 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 2730
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 05 June 2011 - 03:43 PM

Lopez 101: Seek community approval by continually stating "hey, I agree my class needs major nerfs", and then when said class gets nerfed "gg the spec is dead we need serious compensation".

Seriously, what's wrong with it being an interruptible cast???? With all the ranged damage frost can do, DKs are almost fucking casters. You're complaining that you can't get a 1.5 second cast off that will be an 8 second AOE CC? What the fuck is wrong with you? You don't need compensation, you need an ounce of preparation now. Jesus christ, now that your damage can potentially be locked out like a caster's can, it's the end of you in arena? How do you think casters feel with all the interrupts in the game right now? Anyone complaining about this change is awful, enough said. Try getting a 1.5 second cast 6 second single target CC like cyclone off and then you can get back to me.

This is the worst fucking thread I've seen in a long, long time.

Fourreur said:

we have to switch to them making the decision to pop reck or not to pop reck

#68 Zaephyr

Zaephyr
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 3611
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2416

Posted 05 June 2011 - 03:45 PM

Not that I disagree with all the stuff you've said

but i would trade hungering cold for cyclone :P
"Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! www.arenajunkies.com/forum-9/announcement-3-forum-rules-2272014

#69 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Posts: 2969
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 05 June 2011 - 03:46 PM

View PostCtuhlu, on 05 June 2011 - 03:43 PM, said:

Lopez 101: Seek community approval by continually stating "hey, I agree my class needs major nerfs", and then when said class gets nerfed "gg the spec is dead we need serious compensation".

Seriously, what's wrong with it being an interruptible cast???? With all the ranged damage frost can do, DKs are almost fucking casters. You're complaining that you can't get a 1.5 second cast off that will be an 8 second AOE CC? What the fuck is wrong with you? You don't need compensation, you need an ounce of preparation now. Jesus christ, now that your damage can potentially be locked out like a caster's can, it's the end of you in arena? How do you think casters feel with all the interrupts in the game right now? Anyone complaining about this change is awful, enough said. Try getting a 1.5 second cast 6 second single target CC like cyclone off and then you can get back to me.

This is the worst fucking thread I've seen in a long, long time.

do what every other druid has done

go feral INSTANTS BABY ITS ALL ABOUT INSTANTS
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix


http://www.anook.com/kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

#70 ImSquid

ImSquid
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Thrall
  • Stormstrike
  • Posts: 53
  • Talents: Arms
  • RBG: 1553
  • LocationUS

Posted 05 June 2011 - 04:03 PM

View PostPolizei, on 05 June 2011 - 09:31 AM, said:

It will surely be hard. I mean really hard. Before you could just grip and hungering cold. Now you have to like grip, chains and hungering cold. I call this bullshit. Or even coordinate with your pally to stun the target and THEN cast hungering cold. Frost DK skillcap just raised to a level nobody except Koreans can reach, good bye spec.


Laughed hard.

#71 LowDeeps

LowDeeps
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Posts: 1066
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 05 June 2011 - 04:11 PM

The idea of melee having to stand still to cast, and then getting locked out sounds like a fun change.  I am not sure if it's good for gameplay or balance, but the irony is priceless.
I am:
:priest: Lowdeeps on Magtheridon
:priest: Lowdeepz on Arthas
:warlock: Lowdeepz on Emerald Dream

View Postdusknoir_, on 07 April 2011 - 11:23 PM, said:

I FUCKING HATE TALBADAR SO MUCH.

#72 Darusk

Darusk
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Posts: 8
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 05 June 2011 - 04:14 PM

View Postpotatoelol, on 05 June 2011 - 03:35 PM, said:

i think you missed the point as to why DK's are overpowered as frost .. if we're going to compare mage and dk damage then sure ill bite

1) if my cone of cold did 10k aoe splash damage then yes i would scream bloody nerfs all around

2) my ice lance actually does little damage if FoF isnt up.. you can oblit / frost strike w/e it is a DK does just by spreading aids which takes little to no effort in order to proc foF i need a chill effect .. if im not casting then its 1 of 3 abilities which is pet nova - frostfire orb - cone that would generate a FoF proc. IE Frozen Targets.

3) DK's ability to survive is what drives peoples nuts .. you are dying healer is cc'd no problem ill just pet sac / death strike / lich heal myself to full i mean .. really?

tldr - the damage coupled with the survival of a DK is what pushes people to scream out nerfs - how "easy" it is to play a deathknight when you have never touched one before is pretty hilarious (played one on the TR and holy hell..it was like christmas)
Oh and here comes the first mage defending his class and spouting lines of bullcrap.
Unlike mages do, I admit that my own class is overpowered right now and I am suggesting ways to balance it.
Mages are just as overpowered as death knights are, and thats a fact, but no, not a single mage will realize / admit that.

Quote

3) DK's ability to survive is what drives peoples nuts .. you are dying healer is cc'd no problem ill just pet sac / death strike / lich heal myself to full i mean .. really?
Posted Image

#73 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Posts: 2969
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 05 June 2011 - 04:16 PM

View PostDarusk, on 05 June 2011 - 04:14 PM, said:

Oh and here comes the first mage defending his class and spouting lines of bullcrap.
Unlike mages do, I admit that my own class is overpowered right now and I am suggesting ways to balance it.
Mages are just as overpowered as death knights are, and thats a fact, but no, not a single mage will realize / admit that.


Posted Image

retarded death knights get globaled in the opener.

and yeah ill defend my class because you are talking about pure damage .. deep ring / our burst is what people complain about - your ability to negate everything is what everyone complains about.

Edited by potatoelol, 05 June 2011 - 04:18 PM.

US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix


http://www.anook.com/kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

#74 Blacksheezy

Blacksheezy
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Whisperwind
  • Rampage
  • Posts: 1215
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 05 June 2011 - 04:17 PM

It shouldn't lock out frost strike. End of discussion. You DK witch hunting faggots can blow me if you think otherwise.
Plz to has more green squares.

Also, looking for a holy paladin for 3s. Hit me up!

#75 Darusk

Darusk
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Posts: 8
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 05 June 2011 - 04:22 PM

View Postpotatoelol, on 05 June 2011 - 04:16 PM, said:

retarded death knights get globaled in the opener.

and yeah ill defend my class because you are talking about pure damage .. deep ring / our burst is what people complain about - your ability to negate everything is what everyone complains about.
Did I say that damage is the only thing about mages that is broken?
You are making my point even stronger, mages are overpowered in every aspect and damage is only one of those.
Absurd damage, absurd control and absurd survivability.

#76 Fearful

Fearful
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Posts: 762
  • Talents: Unholy
  • RBG: 1984

Posted 05 June 2011 - 04:28 PM

View PostBlacksheezy, on 05 June 2011 - 04:17 PM, said:

It shouldn't lock out frost strike. End of discussion. You DK witch hunting faggots can blow me if you think otherwise.
or howling blast, or anything at all

if ferals get interrupted, does that mean they can't go back into cat form and do melee attacks? no and we shouldn't either

Edited by Fearful, 05 June 2011 - 04:28 PM.


#77 Blacksheezy

Blacksheezy
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Whisperwind
  • Rampage
  • Posts: 1215
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 05 June 2011 - 04:30 PM

View PostFearful, on 05 June 2011 - 04:28 PM, said:

or howling blast, or anything at all

if ferals get interrupted, does that mean they can't go back into cat form and do melee attacks? no and we shouldn't either

At least howling blast and chains make sense.

Frost strike just makes me wat.
Plz to has more green squares.

Also, looking for a holy paladin for 3s. Hit me up!

#78 Adamite2k

Adamite2k
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 40
  • Talents: Affliction
  • RBG: 2139

Posted 05 June 2011 - 04:32 PM

View PostBlacksheezy, on 05 June 2011 - 04:30 PM, said:

At least howling blast and chains make sense.

Frost strike just makes me wat.


Makes sense.

#79 Blacksheezy

Blacksheezy
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Whisperwind
  • Rampage
  • Posts: 1215
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 05 June 2011 - 04:34 PM

View PostAdamite2k, on 05 June 2011 - 04:32 PM, said:

Makes sense.

If frost strike was actually a "spell" sure.

I'd take a 2 or even 3 minute CD on it over a cast time. It's really not a good idea.

I wouldn't really give a fuck either if we had another spec to go to, but unholy is very mediocre with the state of the game currently. I don't know if they fixed the retarded pet AI at the beginning of the season since I stopped playing for a bit, but the damage has gone into the shitter. Basically this leaves you with an s8 DK. Annoying sure, effective? Not so much. Difference is you can actually kill DKs fairly easily now since the self-healing is piddly.

Edited by Blacksheezy, 05 June 2011 - 04:38 PM.

Plz to has more green squares.

Also, looking for a holy paladin for 3s. Hit me up!

#80 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Posts: 2969
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 05 June 2011 - 04:35 PM

View PostDarusk, on 05 June 2011 - 04:22 PM, said:

Did I say that damage is the only thing about mages that is broken?
You are making my point even stronger, mages are overpowered in every aspect and damage is only one of those.
Absurd damage, absurd control and absurd survivability.

our control eh if you played a mage and watched your control get dispelled constantly its a little different .. deep ring is probably most talked about aspect of mages that is over powered and i do not argue that - its also being changed in 4.2

our burst is absurd at times - our damage other wise out side of cooldowns / lucky procs is lack luster at best opener is our strongest part of the match for bursting .. mid match shows how good the mage is through control / forcing cooldowns etc (my opinion)

survivability not exactly .. a 14k absorb shield that gets dispelled / easily broken through damage and two blocks 30 seconds apart from each other if you CC a mages healer accordingly you will see how easy it is to force two blocks back to back (after hypo) or kill em before hypothermia wears off ..

you are arguing that mages have more than a frost DK does in terms of surviving / damage the only thing i can say a mage has over death knights in regards to your argument is control.
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix


http://www.anook.com/kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<