• EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Balance 1/2/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1808
  • 3v3: 2930
  • 5v5: 672
  • RBG: 2088

Posted 05 June 2011 - 12:02 AM

So lately I've been reading a lot of these posts about which addon is the greatest for watching enemy interrupts, when they pop CDs, etc, so I decided to share my little knowledge of what I use. I use TellMeWhen to show (for myself) CDs, and procs, and (for enemies) damaging CDs, reck, berserk, etc.

So to start off with, download TellMeWhen (http://wow.curse.com...tellmewhen.aspx), when you log in, you'll typically see this
Spoiler
You right click one of the little 4 buttons, and it'll bring up the TellMeWhen Interface
Spoiler

From here on, it's pretty much personal preferrence as to what you want to add, we'll start out by adding Berserking for kitty druids. Hit enter when you're done typing the name.
Spoiler
To add more brackets/buttons/groups, whatever, type /tmw options, go into 'Groups', don't go into any sub-groups, and click 'Add Another Group', and set this up whichever way you want.

You can also choose to track debuffs/buffs for arena1-2-3-4-5, as you would in macros, and friendly player names. I won't give an example here, you can figure this one out yourself in a Wargame. Just simply look in the drop-down menu, and you will find a wide array of configure-able options.

Now if you want the timer to show up, and counting down, as in the picture below, simply type /tmw, it will go invisible, but it will light up when an ability you have added is used, as so.
If you want to add a different spell, it's simple. Use the Berserker image for a 'how to' for enemy buffs, and simply replace the names. Simple.
Spoiler

Personal CDs can be anything you'd like to be able to watch, your trinket, a proc trinket, Anti-Magic Shell, Lifebloom, etc. This is how you do it. REMEMBER: Don't put the trinkets name like so.
Spoiler
Instead, put the buff's name.
Spoiler

put the entire effect's name, for instance, it's not 'predators swiftness', it's 'Predator's Swiftness'
Spoiler
->
Spoiler

For the last example: Re-sizing. It's incredibly simple, I still thought I'd point it out.
BIG
Spoiler
tiny
Spoiler
You can easily add big, easy to see abilities for just one spell, by making a seperate group, and dragging it to the appropriate size.

Now for interruptbar. It's probably the easiest I've done once I've learned it, firstly, download it (http://wow.curse.com...terruptbar.aspx). Once you've done that, and you log in, it will typically look like this (However I chose to move the order of Spell Lock, and Pummel)
Spoiler

Type /ib lock toggle true, and you just drag it by the pummel icon where-ever you want it. Now here is the part most people don't know. If you type in /ib hidden toggle true, it'll only light up when the spells on the bar is infact used, an example
Spoiler

Now if you want to add more spells, this is the tricky part, firstly look up the spell on WoWhead. For instance, let's take Throwdown.
Spoiler
So Throwdown is 85388, and the cooldown is 45 seconds, as it says on the screenshot. Now you go into your WoW folder, you navigate into your Interface folder and then into your Addons folder, you find InterruptBar, go inside of it, and find InterruptBar.Lua, open it with Notepad or any other writing software (try to avoid Word, lol). It'll all be a big pile of LuA, but this is where you add your spells, manually.
Spoiler

To add different spells, you want to add (without ~) ~ [85388] = 45, ~  (with the comma) to the top part, ~ -- 85388 Throwdown ~ to the middle part, and simply ~ 85388, ~  (with the comma, unless you're at the end) to the bottom part. If you're confused how to do this, look at this screenshot for guidance.
Spoiler

Once you've logged back in, you type /ib hidden toggle false, and you can clearly see Throwdown added at the front.
Spoiler

And once a warrior uses Throwdown, it'll light up.
Spoiler

So, to conclude, if you need any additional help, don't be afraid to give me a personal message on AJ, I'll always try to help with any issue you have.

cy@

TL;DR: Stop being a massive doo-doo face and read it, shit is awesome.
[13:28:58] [W From] [85:Cowmôôflage]: i will always be knows as best feral on this realm
[13:28:58] [W From] [85:Cowmôôflage]: byz

#2 FukkenZuzah

FukkenZuzah
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 05 June 2011 - 12:02 AM

Let me know if there's anything you'd like to add, or for me to correct.
Also first.
[13:28:58] [W From] [85:Cowmôôflage]: i will always be knows as best feral on this realm

#3 Ruinz

Ruinz
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 1820
  • 5v5: 2136
  • RBG: 2557
  • LocationSweden

Posted 05 June 2011 - 12:03 AM

#4 Dudestealth

Dudestealth
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Shadowmoon
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 05 June 2011 - 12:09 AM

excellent post, very thorough!   :)

#5 FukkenZuzah

FukkenZuzah
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 05 June 2011 - 12:10 AM

View PostRuinz, on 05 June 2011 - 12:03 AM, said:

Don't let your love for me get in the way of your judgement. I would be stumped too if I saw such a magnificent post... It's okay... Let it out.

#6 emokidqt

emokidqt
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Elemental 1/1/0/0/0/.
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 05 June 2011 - 12:19 AM

Good job!
Posted Image

#7 FukkenZuzah

FukkenZuzah
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 05 June 2011 - 12:23 AM

View PostZomglolwtf, on 05 June 2011 - 12:19 AM, said:

Good job!

View PostDudestealth, on 05 June 2011 - 12:09 AM, said:

excellent post, very thorough!   :)
Appreciate it. Took me a while aswell.

#8 HeheBiggielol

HeheBiggielol
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Tarren Mill
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fury 0/2/2/0/1/.
  • LocationEngland

Posted 05 June 2011 - 12:30 AM

well done
Twitch.tv/Biggielolx - Arena/Rated BG's/PVE

#9 OneShot742

OneShot742
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Balance 1/1/2/1/2/2
  • RBG: 958

Posted 05 June 2011 - 03:31 AM

View Postbiggielolx123, on 05 June 2011 - 12:30 AM, said:

well done

Where can I find the spell ids for each spell?

#10 Ttam

Ttam
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 05 June 2011 - 04:37 AM

View PostOneShot742, on 05 June 2011 - 03:31 AM, said:

Where can I find the spell ids for each spell?

Now if you want to add more spells, this is the tricky part, firstly look up the spell on WoWhead. For instance, let's take Throwdown.

Rep makes me not feel so bad :)

#11 Amelay

Amelay
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Survival

Posted 05 June 2011 - 10:12 AM

Tl:dr
"Quitted" my hunter
"Quitted" my rogue

what to play now?

#12 Pottuz

Pottuz
  • LocationNorway

Posted 05 June 2011 - 10:50 AM

nice post :) gonna help alot of people

Rith said:

To answer the OPs thread question. All the skilled players play warlock, everyone else is dumb and can't play their class to the best, Example: Hunters. That is why warlocks are OP

/thread

#13 solarr415

solarr415
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 576

Posted 30 June 2011 - 05:58 AM

i like how it has all the instant ccs, but one thing i dont like is all the interrupts are to the left except for wind sheer, and being a mage its the one i need to watch and i dont want to have to look all the way to the right at the end of my monitor

#14 Deiru

Deiru
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: ./././././.

Posted 01 August 2011 - 07:10 AM

Juked seems better for tracking interrupts.

View Postsolarr415, on 30 June 2011 - 05:58 AM, said:

i like how it has all the instant ccs, but one thing i dont like is all the interrupts are to the left except for wind sheer, and being a mage its the one i need to watch and i dont want to have to look all the way to the right at the end of my monitor
It shows the interrupts in the order that they are used in so the first interrupt, lets say wind shear as you mentioned would appear on the left first then the next interrupt like kick or something would pop up on the right side of it.

It also tracks a shit load of cooldowns ( optional of course ). TellMeWhen is better to track cooldowns but requires a little more work.

View PostSydney, on 23 July 2011 - 09:28 AM, said:

In Europe we heat our toilet water, makes the splashing quite nice actually.

Also for the people who do the toilet paper thing, just practice dumping the shit carefully in the toilet, you have to get it the way those divers from a cliff dive into the water

#15 Shellshocked

Shellshocked
  • Members

Posted 01 August 2011 - 04:55 PM

Alright first off this is amzing but im having trouble with when i use the toggle button the ferel charge and kicks stay up and are rather annoying plus when i do test they arnt counting down

#16 Speny

Speny
  • Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:39 AM

wicked cheers :)
Posted Image

#17 Dusern

Dusern
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/2/0/0/0
  • LocationCyberspace

Posted 16 August 2011 - 01:22 PM

didnt read but looks good so ill rep you

:D

#18 Anjinsan

Anjinsan
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/1/0/1/1
  • RBG: 2414

Posted 18 August 2011 - 01:04 PM

TL;DR

#19 jerisalem

jerisalem
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Onyxia
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Affliction 1/1/2/1/2/0
  • RBG: 1815

Posted 07 September 2011 - 10:21 PM

hm nice guide! very strange things tho, my ip just stopped working yesterday, i can open it with options and so, but it just wont show any cds.. any ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<