Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 17:37. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo
- - - - -

[SC2] MLG Columbus

• Please log in to reply
681 replies to this topic

#1 Frostitutes

Frostitutes
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:29 PM

MLG Columbus Red Stream Link

MLG Columbus Blue Stream Link

The MLG Columbus TOP 20 Seeds

Posted Image

The Pools
Championship Bracket Standings

Posted Image

Open Bracket Notable Names
Open Bracket Standings

Complexity – Cruncher, FireZerg, RSVP, Ryze, Stalife
EG – DeMuslim, LzGamer, StrifeCro
Fnatic – Fenix, KawaiiRice, IefNaij, TT1
FXO – Anthony, Boss, OptikZero, Qxc, Slog, Tgun
ONE – Daisuki, Gatored, Linko, Namchir, Ostojiy, wbc
Mouz – Morrow, Thorzain
ROOT – Catz, Destiny
SixJax – Cocoa, DDE, Major, Mihai, Skew, Vibe
VT – Avilo, Future, Gix, MrBitter, PokeBunny, Spades, Whiplash
vVv – Murder, Nrgy, Titan, Time, Treva
StarTale – July

Bomber out, MC in

Late last night, MLG was informed that Startale Bomber, one of the Korean pro players invited as part of the GSL/MLG League Exchange, would not be able to make his flight because of emigration problems he encountered while at the airport in Seoul. We are very sorry that Bomber will not be joining us in Columbus, and we are working to resolve the issue so that he can attend future Pro Circuit Events.

To fill the spot Bomber's absence has created in the roster and the Pools, MLG reached out to a player who we believed would be a spectacular addition to MLG Columbus, and we are very happy to announce that he, and his team, have accepted the offer. Attending in Bomber's place will be none other than oGsMC.

We share your disappointment that Bomber will not be attending, and we are greatly looking forward to his participation in future Pro Circuit Events. At the same time, we could not have asked for a better participant than MC. We'd like to thank him and all of oGs for agreeing to our offer on such short notice. MC will be taking Bomber's spot in Pool C; all schedules on the site will be updated to reflect this before the start of the Tournament on Friday.

****THIS MEANS THE OPENING MATCH WILL BE IDRA VS MC**** :lol:

The God of War is Here

If you’ve been a fan of competitive StarCraft for more than five minutes, then July probably needs no introduction. But just in case: July is recognized as one of the best Brood War players of all time. He is one of four players to win the coveted Golden Mouse award (three OSL Championships), was the first Zerg player to be ranked #1 by KeSPA, and he perfected the art of Mutalisk stacking—a feat that forever changed the way Zerg was played. Nicknamed the God of War, July is known for a very aggressive playstyle and incredible macro.

After a relatively slow start to his SC2 career, July took 2nd Place in GSL March Code S, and last night won the CSN Clash of the Houses tournament to earn an all-expenses-paid trip to Columbus. He will be a favorite not only to make it out of the Open Bracket, but to make the Finals and win it all.

Edited by Frostitutes, 04 June 2011 - 01:37 AM.

Posted Image

#2 Frostitutes

Frostitutes

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:33 PM

Heres a quote from Team Liquid:

oGs.MC vs EG.IdrA is going to be an awesome kickoff match for MLG Columbus. With extended series, this match may determine who has an overwhelming advantage should they meet later in the tournament. However, it must be said that this is actually a bit unfair for everyone in that group to simply replace Bomber with MC, especially for Tyler. He's the only player in the group who hasn't been practicing against Protoss, and suddenly he has to play PvP against the best in the world.

Fuck I feel bad for Tyler... lol, he's had such a shitty run as of late, and this is definitely not going to help in the confidence department :(
Posted Image

#3 velorian

velorian
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ghostlands
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:45 PM

Heres a quote from Team Liquid:

Fuck I feel bad for Tyler... lol, he's had such a shitty run as of late, and this is definitely not going to help in the confidence department :(

I hope he does well after all the talk about him quitting. Watching him on SotG and such has defo made him one of my favourite charachters in the sc2 proscene

Also coverage starts at 9pm gmt for us EU's
Posted Image

#4 Xessi

Xessi
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Dragonblight
  • Blackout
  • Talents:
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:53 PM

I hope Destiny does well in the open bracket, he has improved so much lately
Posted Image

#5 velorian

velorian
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ghostlands
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:56 PM

No suicidal greater spires like last time would help him out alot.
Posted Image

#6 Dunc

Dunc
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/0/2/1/2
  • LocationEngland

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:56 PM

I'm so glad Idra got fucked over like this, he is going to get absolutely destroyed by MC just like in Dreamhack

Hope July makes it through open bracket and it ends up being a Losira/July vs MC final! and pray to god this weekend is better than the last

Spoiler

http://www.teamliqui...topic_id=229043

Edited by Dunc, 02 June 2011 - 07:05 PM.

that's all we'll have when the world is through

#7 huurka

huurka
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Shadow 0/././././.

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:58 PM

No suicidal greater spires like last time would help him out alot.

wouldnt even have mattered i dont know why people always bring this up

#8 Canas!

Canas!
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Hellscream
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:45 PM

Assuming they dont hit eachother, July, Morrow, Thorzain are all going to get to the group play.

4th spot is going to be either Fenix/TT1/DeMuslim/qxc

3.2 Warriors are worst class in the game for 3v3.

#9 Marathi

Marathi
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Zenedar
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:38 PM

TLO #1 ;)
Spoiler

worst terran eu

#10 Frostitutes

Frostitutes

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:39 PM

Players from Team Liquid in general seem to have been 'under-performing' relative to their previous success. Jinro to GSL semi's twice, and now is nowhere to be seen. TLO was a super baller beating everyone, but nothing special from him lately. Nony / Tyler was an incredible SC1 player, but he's really not done anything significant in SC2.

Obviously I'm not saying they are bad, but I wonder how much of their previous success was 'lucky' in terms of how volatile the game was :(

Either way though, they've definitely succumb to the problems of their former accomplishments, because now that's what everyone is always going to compare them to, which is unfortunate.
Posted Image

#11 Marathi

Marathi
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Zenedar
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 02 June 2011 - 10:12 PM

Yea I don't mind the success of TLO I like to see him do well because his style is very interesting and he has a knack of getting out of tight spots and turning the game around.
Spoiler

worst terran eu

#12 Crackslapper

Crackslapper
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:43 PM

I honestly feel bad for july

basically wins 2 tournaments and he gets into the open bracket, yippee

#13 Omer

Omer
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Black Dragonflight
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:36 AM

he also got all expenses paid + some cash for those
Posted Image

#14 Frostitutes

Frostitutes

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:40 AM

I know right? lol

The MLG free pass was the icing on the cake for the tournaments... It's not like July only did those tournaments to try to get into MLG.

I honestly feel bad for july

basically wins 2 tournaments...

o_O
Posted Image

#15 Dunc

Dunc
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • LocationEngland

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:46 AM

well at least we have people like ret, incontrol, gretorp and tyler seeded directly into the groups

#16 Floorboard

Floorboard
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Holy 2/0/0/0/0/0
  • RBG: 763

Posted 03 June 2011 - 04:03 AM

rofl wow omfg the top 8 are going to be pvp pvp pvp pvp just like last MLG fucking stupid inviting ogSMC that guys the biggest cheeser fag ever fucking protoss is so dumb
Posted Image
Posted Image

Spoiler

#17 Crackslapper

Crackslapper
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 03 June 2011 - 07:54 AM

I know right? lol

The MLG free pass was the icing on the cake for the tournaments... It's not like July only did those tournaments to try to get into MLG.

o_O

well that's basically how he had to qualify

everyone else got INVITED all expenses paid and seeds

#18 Omer

Omer
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Black Dragonflight
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 03 June 2011 - 07:59 AM

are you talking about the korean people? they were picked by gom and there's 4 different ones going every MLG, and im pretty sure MC was going to go at some point anyway because of his popularity
Posted Image

#19 Crackslapper

Crackslapper
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 03 June 2011 - 10:58 AM

are you talking about the korean people? they were picked by gom and there's 4 different ones going every MLG, and im pretty sure MC was going to go at some point anyway because of his popularity

o, I didn't know they were picked by GOM

guess they sent all the new up and comers

Wonder who'll be sent in Anaheim since I'll be going to that, but I'm guessing Alicia, bomber, and 2 others maybe MVP, nestea, MKP would be awesome

#20 Dunc

Dunc
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • LocationEngland

Posted 03 June 2011 - 04:20 PM

need mkp vs nestea finals in super tournament and then nestea vs mvp finals in anaheim

I don't know when dreamhack is so if MKP is able to go

and I doubt the top8 will be pvp, idra isn't the only Zerg so there are ebtter ones like July/Losira this time who'll prob make it to top4 np

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users