- - - - -

New MMO will be amazing?

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 Shrouds

Shrouds
  • Junkies

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:05 PM

The best thing about pre-bc and even BC was the mystery and suspense. You didn't know a lot about the game cause they didn't make stuff obvious.

#22 Momohxo

Momohxo
  • Momohsnakex
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy
  • RBG: 1152

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:08 PM

I'll be leaving wow by september to play a pretty awesome new mmo with amazing graphics
Spoiler

#23 Braindeadly

Braindeadly
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Survival

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:20 PM

View PostNevercarez, on 02 June 2011 - 04:50 PM, said:

WTF is the "new MMO" ? thought  blizz was only working on Diablo 3

different teams work on different things.. i.e SC2, diablo, WoW patch 4.2/3/4 etc. Human resources aren't compromised, they are just lazy.

#24 Shrouds

Shrouds
  • Junkies

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:22 PM

Yeah actually Star Wars looks rly good, mainly cause if you played this game for over a year you're addicted to the cartoony graphics so it'll fit right in. FPS mmo won't attract too many  ppl i don't think, I hope it's not a FPS mmo :/.

#25 solidarityx

solidarityx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2322

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:25 PM

nope

#26 xDD

xDD
  • Lèyla
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Kel'Thuzad
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:28 PM

View PostNevercarez, on 02 June 2011 - 04:50 PM, said:

WTF is the "new MMO" ? thought  blizz was only working on Diablo 3

They announced like 2 years ago they were working on a "brand new MMO franchise" just called "Titan" right now.
http://www.warcraftm...p?t=3&l=xleylax

View PostJacktrapp3r, on 12 July 2011 - 07:15 PM, said:

warrior defensive cds are strongest in entire game.

#27 Polizei

Polizei
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:31 PM

View PostShrouds, on 02 June 2011 - 08:05 PM, said:

The best thing about pre-bc and even BC was the mystery and suspense. You didn't know a lot about the game cause they didn't make stuff obvious.

This.

You actually had to ask fellow classmates which talents would be best as it was not so obvious. Before engaging a raid boss you actually had to know tactics (whole Wrath+Cataclysm content I never read anything about the bosses and the number of mistakes I made was lot smaller than people who actually knew the tactics). Tho arguably BC was pretty obvious shit all the way thru, except maybe the first season.
<poliisi mies kerho>

#28 xDD

xDD
  • Lèyla
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Kel'Thuzad
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:32 PM

This MMO will probably have something "revolutionary" to bring to the genre or I doubt Blizzard would take a huge risk with creating something completely new.
http://www.warcraftm...p?t=3&l=xleylax

View PostJacktrapp3r, on 12 July 2011 - 07:15 PM, said:

warrior defensive cds are strongest in entire game.

#29 Shrouds

Shrouds
  • Junkies

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:40 PM

Well, another thing was that gear played a huge role, which it should in an mmo. Pre-BC and BC you were amazed the people who had tier 2 or thunderfury or crazy things and you wanted to eventually get them. They were better because less people had them. Now everyone looks exactly the same and has the exact same gear.

#30 Shrouds

Shrouds
  • Junkies

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:00 PM

http://www.gamefront...zzards-new-mmo/

"We have taken some of our most experienced developers and put them on this project. We believe we have a dream team. These are the people who made WoW a success. We are going to blow people’s minds."
ya this is why wow sucks

#31 Azorelja

Azorelja
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormrage
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:01 PM

View PostShrouds, on 02 June 2011 - 09:00 PM, said:

"We have taken some of our most experienced developers and put them on this project. We believe we have a dream team. These are the people who made WoW a success. We are going to blow people’s minds."
ya this is why wow sucks

link only broken for myself?
# 1 in landing bashes.
JK miss

#32 Shrouds

Shrouds
  • Junkies

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:02 PM

View PostAzorelja, on 02 June 2011 - 09:01 PM, said:

link only broken for myself?

#33 GLopez

GLopez
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Unholy 0/1/2/2/0/2

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:55 PM

Few things:

Literally 90 percent of the team still working on WOW is the same team that was on-board when WOW started.

Titan is a MMOFPS, and it's supposed to live side-by-side with WOW since it's technically a completely different genre.

Edited by GLopez, 02 June 2011 - 11:57 PM.

#34 PurpleStuff

PurpleStuff
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:07 AM

View PostGLopez, on 02 June 2011 - 11:55 PM, said:

Few things:

Literally 90 percent of the team still working on WOW is the same team that was on-board when WOW started.

Titan is a MMOFPS, and it's supposed to live side-by-side with WOW since it's technically a completely different genre.

Posted Image

#35 Shrouds

Shrouds
  • Junkies

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:46 AM

View PostGLopez, on 02 June 2011 - 11:55 PM, said:

Few things:

Well it's clear they don't care, they've just been recycling content since Wotlk. It made sense with the raid dungeon/tier1/tier2/tier 3 and naxxramas because people didn't see it, okay. And those were fine and ulduar was a very well designed dungeon, but after that it was just garbage.
The biggest thing imo is that they have this wonderful universe but due to flying mounts and now the dungeon finder you have no reason to go out. They could easily have done a better  job with Nagarand and Zangarmarsh if they did not put in flying mounts and put in better pvp rewards or incentives and spent more time. But after BC, world pvp was completely dead and a sense of a world was dead.

#36 Phase92

Phase92
  • Members

Posted 03 June 2011 - 01:16 AM

How's an MMOFPS going to work? I don't care too much about how realistic a game is, but how's the pve going to work in that? And in PvP either it's like most fps's and you die really fast, in which case it's just like any other FPS, or you have WoW like hp and it will be totally unbelelievable. Also healing doesn't really work without magic=/.

#37 Shrouds

Shrouds
  • Junkies

Posted 03 June 2011 - 01:19 AM

View PostPhase92, on 03 June 2011 - 01:16 AM, said:

How's an MMOFPS going to work? I don't care too much about how realistic a game is, but how's the pve going to work in that? And in PvP either it's like most fps's and you die really fast, in which case it's just like any other FPS, or you have WoW like hp and it will be totally unbelelievable. Also healing doesn't really work without magic=/.
Yeah I don't get it either, I stopped playing FPS and really other video games in early 2005 when I picked up WoW because you have to spend so much time on it, if you're playing even 1 or 2 hours a day you won't have time for other video games and real life.
So i'm SO used to the cartoony graphics and third-person style. I have no idea what it will be like, but I'm sure it will be good because Blizzard spent so much time and effort on it since 2007->2013-2015 whenever it comes out. Most people who played WOW had never played an MMO but loved it, so I think it will be the same with the MMOFPS, if it is that.

#38 GLopez

GLopez
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Unholy 0/1/2/2/0/2

Posted 03 June 2011 - 01:34 AM

Have you ever played Team Fortress 2 or Monday Night Combat?

#39 Raux

Raux
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 03 June 2011 - 01:37 AM

er, it's nowhere near the same dev team as original WoW.

and if you looked at some of the dev acquisitions they've picked up, the new guys all come from shit like rockstar's GTA division, EA/Maxis The Sim's people, and random facebook game people.

as for it being FPS, no. it may be similar to how GTA works if they go that direction but theres no way it'll be full fps.
i am #83

also i fucked a lesbian

also i fought a ninja in a bar and made him piss himself

raux

#40 Thanatos

Thanatos
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Khaz'goroth
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 03 June 2011 - 01:52 AM

Shoot healing bullets at team mates :rolleyes:
ಠ_ಠ

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<