saffie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2112

Posted 28 May 2011 - 06:11 PM

oh lol. He says he got banned and they deleted his posts.

#22 Richard993

Richard993
  • Members
  • Unknown Raceclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Protection 1/0/1/1/1/0

Posted 28 May 2011 - 06:17 PM

Meow > SLS.

#23 Pharaun

Pharaun
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 28 May 2011 - 06:17 PM

Yes. Well no, he deleted the one post you guys are talking about, I deleted a bunch of others.
"Who, after all, is today speaking of the destruction of the Armenians?"

-Adolf Hitler, 1939

#24 turbotaco

turbotaco
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:01 PM

if your not a member of our guild posting or someone looking to join or someone just giving a friendly bump then kindly dont post on my thread thankyou.
Posted Image Posted Image

#25 Argentus

Argentus
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:05 PM

I think I'll wade in here.

My Guild and I moved, virtually in entirety, to The Maelstrom from a lower end server around 2 months ago. We Raid / PVP, though clearly not to as high a level as the 3 main PVP Guilds on this server: So Last Season, Deserter, Nothing Personal. None of my Guild are multiple Gladiator ranked etc etc. Still, we're all adults in my Guild, and we have fun whilst trying to improve.

Since coming to the Maelstrom with little idea how to PVP properly, I chatted with Xkon in game. I very upfrontly asked him if he'd be able to help me and my Guild out with RBGs - our tactics would constantly let us down, and we got farmed at low ratings. Within a few RBGs, he turned us around. He spent HIS time running with people he did not know at all, to improve our enjoyment of the game. Since then, we've got to know him, and frankly I have never played with anyone that good. This isn't a suck up thread; but the fact that he can turn an RBG team that ISN'T from his Guild, made of average maybe 1.5k-1.8k Arena players, into a team capable of hitting 2.4k in the future, just proves that. He did this in his spare time, basically because he's a good bloke, and damn good.

So all I'd say; is I don't think there are many better PVP Guilds out there than this. The vast majority of the rest of SLS, who I don't know as well, but know a little bit, all seem like solid guys too.

All those who are spending their time flaming / spamming other Guilds and their own recruitment posts. Seriously, find something better to do with your time. It's a computer game.

Cheers from VoL

Arg

#26 Diki

Diki
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 2/0/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 952
  • RBG: 1151

Posted 29 May 2011 - 12:50 PM

I have asked Leily to stop posting on this thread and he did , so please dont involve leily in this thread anymore.
<Deeply Disturbed> The Maelstrom Alliance - EU
Rank 1 in the World season 9 rBG guild Recruiting
http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/205439-a-deeply-disturbed-the-maelstrom-r1-rbg-s9/

#27 SenseMaelstrom

SenseMaelstrom
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration
  • RBG: 1880

Posted 29 May 2011 - 03:24 PM

Having played ~300 rbg games with SLS this season so far (and hoping for more in the future) I'd second the very positive impression and high professionalism during rated bg games.

Similar to a PVE guild (and different to an arena guild pre S9) running an rbg guild is always walking on the edge of a knife recruitment wise. On one hand you need to make sure you are able to run with a halfway decent team on scheduled nights (all but Saturday in this case) but on the other hand don't want people to become too disappointed having to sit out. I can well understand people who grow frustrated by being benched but tbh this is a problem any guild doing PVE/rbg's has to a certain extent, not some peculiarity of SLS. Actually it is funny that us trying to lessen the negative impact of benching by rotating players in and out got us accused of gaming the system.

Having played in other RBG environments before migrating to the Maelstrom in January, the amount of useless raging on skype is defo below average though obviously doing the same mistake multiple times when being told of it beforehand might provoke some reaction - this is a competitive guild after all.

p.s. sorry for my absence last 2 weeks btw - was out of the country - see you in game.

#28 The Horfst

The Horfst
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Protection 2/0/1/1/2/.

Posted 29 May 2011 - 03:36 PM

I'm Xénà, and I approve this message.

Edited by The Horfst, 29 May 2011 - 03:36 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#29 Emperortuna

Emperortuna
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationCleckheaton

Posted 29 May 2011 - 03:36 PM

Welcome back to england sense, I always knew you was a pretend german, ( best grammar ever)

#30 Xkon

Xkon
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 29 May 2011 - 10:56 PM

Just want to update saying that the last evenings we have had a stats of 17-1 and we are now r3 in the world with 3k average when the page updates. Still recruiting new players since most of our highrated players will be needing replacements soon. Contact me on this contact info below for a nice conversation and apply<3

Skype - Xkon.tveit
Real ID - [email protected]
Deeply Disturbed, The Maelstrom Alliance - EU
http://www.arenajunk...trom-r1-rbg-s9/

#31 Klonez

Klonez
  • Premium
  • Worgenclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Feral 2/2/2/0/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 1695
  • 3v3: 1762
  • 5v5: 1510
  • RBG: 955
  • LocationLiverpool, England

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:27 AM

Having played ~300 rbg games with SLS this season so far (and hoping for more in the future) I'd second the very positive impression and high professionalism during rated bg games.

Similar to a PVE guild (and different to an arena guild pre S9) running an rbg guild is always walking on the edge of a knife recruitment wise. On one hand you need to make sure you are able to run with a halfway decent team on scheduled nights (all but Saturday in this case) but on the other hand don't want people to become too disappointed having to sit out. I can well understand people who grow frustrated by being benched but tbh this is a problem any guild doing PVE/rbg's has to a certain extent, not some peculiarity of SLS. Actually it is funny that us trying to lessen the negative impact of benching by rotating players in and out got us accused of gaming the system.

Having played in other RBG environments before migrating to the Maelstrom in January, the amount of useless raging on skype is defo below average though obviously doing the same mistake multiple times when being told of it beforehand might provoke some reaction - this is a competitive guild after all.

p.s. sorry for my absence last 2 weeks btw - was out of the country - see you in game.

SENSE <3333 Awww i've missed you matey <3

-Bump also :)

Love you guys

Klonez

- TAA -

#32 Xkon

Xkon
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 31 May 2011 - 01:07 AM

Hey, just wanna say our spots are filling up, but there is still time to apply=) Also wanna update the post by saying we are currently r3 in the world rBG wise=)

#33 Zarkaaz

Zarkaaz
  • Members

Posted 31 May 2011 - 08:57 PM

yep gonna be trying to join. But as enh shammie it's kinda hard to the the 2.5k rating. Will apply asap tho. Anyway, do you need enhancement shammies for the guild?

#34 turbotaco

turbotaco
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:33 AM

yep gonna be trying to join. But as enh shammie it's kinda hard to the the 2.5k rating. Will apply asap tho. Anyway, do you need enhancement shammies for the guild?

sorry mate but or reqs just went upto 2600 as we have had a lot of new members join with this raiting+ and we already have a very active enhancement shaman and couldn't realistically fit you in either of our 2 rbg groups if you still want to transfer here maybe try deserter, victory of light and meow there all recruiting

#35 The Horfst

The Horfst
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 04 June 2011 - 04:20 PM

Recruitment post edited! change: Non Steven Seagal fans will be instantly rejected.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#36 turbotaco

turbotaco
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 04 June 2011 - 11:17 PM

xena's pvp vid p1

http://www.warcraftm...w.php?id=189965

#37 Xkon

Xkon
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 05 June 2011 - 03:09 PM

Bump!

Edited by Xkon, 05 June 2011 - 04:42 PM.

#38 metharon

metharon
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 05 June 2011 - 09:50 PM

this seems like a cool group of ppl, anyone here think lucy lawless is one hot milf?
Troll male for life

#39 The Horfst

The Horfst
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:06 AM

<----------------------

Edited by The Horfst, 06 June 2011 - 12:07 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#40 Fawzi

Fawzi
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:14 AM

Meow > SLS.

Stop hating.Still in that 2.2k rated 3's I boosted you in I see.

On a more serious note, I joined SLS a few months back when they played with a blood DK as FC because the DK's they had were already at/or close to 3k and wanted to stay there for the remaining season. Without any rBG experience as a DK (although I had the general PVP experience and arena experience) we went 27-4 in the first two days of rBG's which was due to Xkon's and the teams leading and teamwork. I can definately recommend the guild for competative players that have the experience and a proffesional attitude (and a crazy fun personality ofc!) towards high-end PVP gaming.

Plus we have people like Ecthelión, Sense, Moffelsaurus and Ereso so we win in the end ^^

Niwnie out!

Edited by Fawzi, 06 June 2011 - 10:15 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<