Posted 28 May 2011 - 02:10 PM

Posted Image

Table of contents
- Information about the guild
- Rated battlegrounds, Currently rank 3 in the world
- Arena requirements
- Goals for this season
- Contact information

So Last Season is currently one of the leading PvP guilds in the world. We were founded a couple of weeks before the end of Wrath of the Lich King, with a vision of creating a solid guild environment for arena and rated battlegrounds in Cataclysm. We wanted to build around a core of active, experienced players with a shared interest in arena and/or rated battlegrounds. So far we have performed beyond our initial expectations, and we are quite happy with the results we are showing. We now have around about 70 members, the majority of which have transferred here the last months. The guild consist of players with arena experience from 2500-3000 rating in any past season, and a lot of our members are already competing at high ratings this season as well.

We are an Alliance guild on The Maelstrom, and the leading PvP guild on the server. Our main focus is currently on rated battlegrounds, with two active groups running 6-7 nights per week. Our highest rated team is rated as world #3 at the time of this writing. This is calculated from an average between the top 10 players. http://www.guildox.c...asp?a=14&r=&w=. We are of course aiming for #1, and we have climbed from #7 to #3 in less than seven days. Still, at this time we put most of our efforts into pushing as many people as possible past the top 0.5% RBG cutoff. And to achieve this we need fresh blood. Most of our members already have the required rating for the title (this is estimated at 2850-3000, but we are playing it safe with 3000+.) This means we need more dedicated players to fill up the spots of the players who have already reached a safe rating. We would rather have 30 people at 3k rating, than 10 people at 3.5k.

Arena requirements
Our members are required to have 2600+ arena experience in either 3v3 or 5v5. There are a lot of active arena players in our roster, and new arena teams are created frequently. Most of these are highly skilled players, who are looking for new people to achieve even higher ratings with. If you're a capable player looking for a team, chances are you'll be able to put one together here.

Rated Battlegrounds
As mentioned earlier, we are currently ranked world #3 in rated battlegroups. We have managed this because of our highly capable players and a dedicated staff of officers/raid leaders. The goal at this moment is to achieve the RBG "Gladiator" and the mount+title that follows with it for as many of our members as possible. To ensure this we do rated battlegrounds every evening from 19:30 and for as long as people can keep their motivation up, and we are consistently beating the top teams.

What do we need?
At this point we are in a real need of a resto shaman/mage for one of our teams. Other classes are also more than welcome to apply. Since many of our players have reachedpassed 3000 rating and are waiting for this season to end, they are willing to pass their spot to someone else until they are safely having their title and mount.

So Last Season
- About 70 active members
- We have 10 players above the 3000 rating mark, waiting for their expected title and mount by the end of the season. We also have 20 others at 2500+, closing in on 3k
- Our roster is full of 2500-2950 rated arena players
- We do rated battlegrounds 6-7 times per week
- We have a forum at http://sls.wedvich.net, with a brand new site in the making
- We have Ventrilo and TeamSpeak servers
- We have a very active and talented group of officers

What we want from you
- Be active
- Speak decent English
- 2500+ experience in arena
- Like Steven Seagal films

If any of this sounds interesting to you, please pop by at: http://sls.wedvich.net

Or…

Contact us on
Real ID: [email protected]

This is where we stand curr2ently on the RBG front in the world
http://www.guildox.c....asp?a=14&r=&w=

This is where we stand curently on The Maelstrom EU
http://www.guildox.c...he Maelstrom-EU

This is a link of our clan roster so you can look through peoples personal bests and see who is a main alt RBG leader etc.
http://eu.battle.net...t season/roster

If you want to know more about us, troll, start a fight, buy illegal substances, watch a Steven Seagal movie with us or just have a chat, please contact me by mail or in game so we can keep this recruitment thread as clean as possible. Thank you for your time, and we hope to hear from you soon!

Edited by turbotaco, 04 June 2011 - 05:46 PM.

Posted Image Posted Image

#2 Xkon

Xkon
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 28 May 2011 - 02:18 PM

Bump =) Atm we are really looking for a shaman and a mage. 2500+ exp is required

Also accepting other classes since most of our members currently are closing up at 3k rating and we are currently aiming for most rBGplayers above 3k (Assuming rBG (glad) Hero of the alliance+Mount cutof is 2700) and bacause of this we need new players to replace the next pull of 5-7 people at 2800-2950 atm who also will be stoping at once they hit 3k.

Also want to mention that achiving the rBG gladiator is still a option, altough alot of people feel season is close to an end, and that rBG rating is something that takes tim, and that because of this it would be smart to just wait for next season. Just want to point out that it still aint to late, an that achieving the title+mount is still more then possible. Wy not acieve it bouth seasons?<3

Also want to mention that we have went from r9->r4 in 1 week and are still climbing. We still do rBG every evening except saturday and will keep doing this til season ends.
Deeply Disturbed, The Maelstrom Alliance - EU
Rank 1 in the World season 9 rBG guild Recruiting
http://www.arenajunk...trom-r1-rbg-s9/

#3 Garxz

Garxz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/1/2/2/1/0

Posted 28 May 2011 - 02:29 PM

Would read again.

For the record, you all have my utmost sympathy. All of you who are still playing hunter are fucking superhuman.

#4 Alexbongo

Alexbongo
  • Members

Posted 28 May 2011 - 02:41 PM

On what ive seen and heard So Last Season look like a well put together guild who understand the meaning of teamwork. The guild im in atm Victory of Light have been helped by Xkon and various other members of the guild. Our guild leaders was impressed on the way they lead and fought in Rated Battlegrounds. They are on of the best PVP guilds i have seen so far :)

#5 turbotaco

turbotaco
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 28 May 2011 - 02:49 PM

fed up of this leily ill let forum admin sort it your really getting boring

this speaks for itself leily

http://www.guildox.c....asp?a=14&r=&w=

xkon leads every single game played by the members you see representing that world rank weve choose who we want to play with accept it

Edited by turbotaco, 28 May 2011 - 02:59 PM.

#6 Bodjiz

Bodjiz
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: ./././././.

Posted 28 May 2011 - 03:03 PM

Hello familiar and non-familiar people... I've been on the maelstrom since early wotlk, maybe few know me or heard about me. havent made so much noise as Leily has, (guess its a grudge, dunno) but i've been in So Last Season since it was born inside a skype conversation, where we voted on guild names, discussed what the plans would be and so on. The Maelstrom always have been Horde dominated, and so last season has grew to be a strong pvp guild on the realm and brought strenght to the competitive pvp on the alliance side. Players from other realms have come to our guild, helped the guild of building a strong rated bg group, lead by a mature, motivated, educated battleground leader: Xkon.

If it wasnt for him and the team gathered in So Last Season, i doubt there would be a rank 4 rated battleground group from The Maelstrom

#7 Diversityx

Diversityx
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 28 May 2011 - 03:11 PM

i joined SLS about a week ago now and i can't find anything bad to say about this guild my RBG rating has grown with about 400 rating over the course of 4 days.
Theres rated battlegounds everyday.
The atmosphere in the guild is nice, theres allways people online and you can never say that theres nothing to do cos there's so many active people that wanna do arena or other things.
and i've gotten alot of teams instant so easy to find partners that are good around here

#8 turbotaco

turbotaco
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 28 May 2011 - 03:13 PM

bump

Edited by turbotaco, 28 May 2011 - 05:13 PM.

#9 Signed

Signed
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 28 May 2011 - 03:33 PM

Hello people!

Been in this guild since it's creation, and knew Xkon before that. I also played with Phate in 2s before Phate and Xkon got gladiator in their 3s team. I talked to Phate a lot in that period, and there was never any talk about Xkon sharing accounts. We also got this verified by glyptic and Hydra. I also asked Phate about the topic, being my friend for over a year in game, and he says the same.

The only thing this guild stands for is top players that play this game for what it is, a game. We have fun in Skype, we love challenges, and would happily que against any high rated rBG team. If you want to be a part of that fun, I'd say you should apply to us!

We need the best players out there to make rBGs as fun and competitive as we can get!

Regards

Signed

#10 Ereso

Ereso
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: ./././././.

Posted 28 May 2011 - 03:37 PM

Hi you guys,

I only read the WoT briefly because I simply know from experience that alot of words posted by Leily never accomplish anything, he is best off with "U MAD, FU, YM" I have no desire to join this broken hearts club that you got going on Leily and hopefully one day you will take a step back and re-evaluate your life, ban your AJ account and /gquit from Deserter since you have embarrased the whole guild and maybe one day you will get laid so that you can stop deflecting your sexual frustration on to Xkon and SLS. I'm still laughing from reading all of your posts since you are targetting Xkon so much, I can't even see how you can question our guild this much, sure yes even if he bought glad/wintraded w/e there would be "many LULZ" but still doesn't change the fact that we are a top PvP guild.

And please Leily, if you wanna hate on me now aswell I suggest that you talk to me ingame (or any of your SLS /2 hating alts) no point for you being on this thread really.

(Oh and Xkon I'm sorry for feeding the troll but I still hope you will love me)

So now that I'm done with lesser men I'll move on the need of greater men! 3 months ago i transfered to The Maelstrom after I've had 1 and a half years break from WoW. My intent was to play with some irl friends but after sometime I felt that I had to start competitive PvP again. I had been contacted by both Deserter and SLS from almost the very moment I got lvl 85 and I decided to stick with the latter. It is a decision I'm glad to have made since I have really enjoyed WoW in this guild. So if you are an EXPERIENCED player that wants to play more COMPETITIVE I can truly recommend this guild! If you have any question that you want to ask just write to me on AJ and I promise you will get an honest answer from a relatively new player in the guild.

#11 Smellyead

Smellyead
  • Members

Posted 28 May 2011 - 03:54 PM

Why are you still aguring about this shit. =.=

When I played Gchat was full of aguring and so was the SLS recruit thread on here, god knows how many threads later it still goes on.

It's quite sad really. It's a game who the hell cares really? If you aren't playing to have fun, then you've got some issues really.

#12 Smpdhtm

Smpdhtm
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Protection 2/2/./././.

Posted 28 May 2011 - 03:57 PM

Its simple - SLS is top PvP guild. For everything else, its your choice whether you will believe in what ppl say or not. But the fact is, SLS is rank 4 on RBG ladder and thats what this topic is about.

#13 Emperortuna

Emperortuna
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationCleckheaton

Posted 28 May 2011 - 04:06 PM

I've been in So Last Season now since the 15th of april, I came here origionally to RBG and have done so successfully for the past month ( long may this continue) we have had many victories over longer established and more well known guilds before and since I've been here, and truely its a great guild and although it does have its faults, they are minor ones, and do not really effect the gameplay or strategy, which by the way is incredible and all very flexible, which means, the strategy and tactical decisions we use are always adapting, and we are finding new ways to get even more spectacular victories, recently it has been a change of setup that has provided us with that, especially since I've gained around 200 rating in the last week alone, and now sitting at 2907.

The server on the whole was quite dead, but in the last month it has seen a major increase in population and not just that, more and more teams have sprung up and managed to secure the gladiator title for next season, I can thankfully include myself as one of these people.

we are currently trying to achieve our goal of securing the most rated battleground gladiator/hero's + mounts in the world, and are currently sitting at rank 3 in the world ( top 10 average players) but I can say that we will probably have atleast 15-20 RBG glads secured by the end of the season, we are sacrificing top 10 player average for this, and hope this will be good advertisment for future seasons.

If you are thinking of coming here, The Maelstrom contains a great pvp community and quite a few top class RBG guilds that all have similar goals as we do, and are also currently achieving just that. The rivalry between guilds is great on the server, but we try and keep a friendly atmosphere when not in Battlegrounds/Arena because we all know, you want to beat your rivals!

Thanks for reading this post, and I hope it has given you some useful information.

#14 Smellyead

Smellyead
  • Members

Posted 28 May 2011 - 04:10 PM

Guilds changed then, if its not the same 10 people every night in rbg ^^

I played for a month in the guild before it drove me to quit, since I spent every night signed up for rbg, but never getting an invite. I had to tell one of the officers how annoyed me and some other members were since it was the same 10 each night when I was there. I don't know if it's chance since then, but if it has atleast you've moved on from been that way. ;)

#15 saffie

saffie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2112

Posted 28 May 2011 - 04:40 PM

Wrote a long ass post but cba posting, this is getting kinda boring, people expect hydra to admit who he boosted and fuck up his own bussiness (go to hydramist.tv, check out "get gladiator" on top of there), or they expect him to actually play with xkon just before blizzcon, when he practised 24/7. There is no argueing that. Logic doesn't work on the internet.

What I wanna say is, if you are doing so well in rated bgs why are you recruiting more and more people every day and not let them play? As far as I know crushanator left because he couldn't play like he was promised, he was only offered to give his account to xkon so he can play on it and get high rating. (which would cause the guild to have many hero of the allience obviously)

As far as I know even Echtelion is bothered with this situation.

#16 dexterlolz

dexterlolz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 28 May 2011 - 04:51 PM

I dont get why people from others guilds come here and spread shit all over this thread.

I havent done much Rbgs myself but when I did join I could definitly see dedication at the leaders of the bgs. Basicly what you expect from a top tier rbg guild. So if you do decide its time for a change and join SLS I dont think you will dissapointed.

As far as the hate from some ppl of The Maelstrom goes... Its something that happened a long time ago so I dont get why you keep bringing this shit up and come here bragging about your ratings. No1 gives a shit.
Posted Image

#17 dexterlolz

dexterlolz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 28 May 2011 - 05:36 PM

''Hey guise my rating is obviously higher than yours + I play a non-fotm comp so your argument is invalid .. [email protected] ''

I am not even talking about that and you start making it personal... I dont see what you problem is coz I never even spoke to you. You hate the guy Xkon so talk to him in game or w/e dont bash this thread coz you got hate for 1 person.

Edit: i see you deleted your post inb4 mine. doesnt change the fact that this is the way you guys are thinking tho so ill just leave this here

Edited by dexterlolz, 28 May 2011 - 05:37 PM.

Posted Image

#18 saffie

saffie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2112

Posted 28 May 2011 - 05:53 PM

dexter, I didn't write that to you, turbo wrote something like "lsd hero" that was a response to him not you. When he deleted, I thought it looked like it was a response to you, thus deleted it myself.

#19 dexterlolz

dexterlolz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 28 May 2011 - 05:57 PM

Saffie my post was to Leily not you, sorry for the confusion lol
Posted Image

#20 Pharaun