Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-26 at 06:58. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

HC on 1.5 sec cast

• Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

#61 ferz

ferz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/1/2/1/1

Posted 26 May 2011 - 01:15 AM

So you're comparing an unavoidable CC (HC) to blind / AoE fear and RoF?

1. You can easily Avoid the Aoe fear, it's not like a lock can "Shadow Grip" you into it.

2. Blind..not even going to discuss - it's more than fine.

3. RoF is avoidable aswell, making DF / RoF DR each other is fine too.

congrats on cataclysm giving you aj access

frost needs adjustments but this is the most retarded way to do it, blizzard is so dumb when it comes to balancing

hopefully unholy gets some love and gets some of the bugs and clunkiness fixed

#62 Darrgen

Darrgen
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 26 May 2011 - 01:16 AM

So you're comparing an unavoidable CC (HC) to blind / AoE fear and RoF?

1. You can easily Avoid the Aoe fear, it's not like a lock can "Shadow Grip" you into it.

2. Blind..not even going to discuss - it's more than fine.

3. RoF is avoidable aswell, making DF / RoF DR each other is fine too.

warr charge, aoe fear, better nerf it cause it's unavoidable! That's essentially what you're saying.(sure warr has to use gap closer to do it but so do dks with much longer cooldown) Locks also have ranged casted cc for when stuff isnt on them. They are making a 10 yard radius cc a cast time which will almost never be able to go off in 3s/5s. Blind is undispellable so you can use it on something that's not the healer. Hungering is dispellable so now that it will be close to impossible to hunger a good healer, it's essentially almost useless.

Edited by Darrgen, 26 May 2011 - 01:18 AM.

#63 Nixxy

Nixxy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow
  • RBG: 2576

Posted 26 May 2011 - 01:21 AM

warr charge, aoe fear, better nerf it cause it's unavoidable! That's essentially what you're saying.(sure warr has to use gap closer to do it but so do dks with much longer cooldown) Locks also have ranged casted cc for when stuff isnt on them. They are making a 10 yard radius cc a cast time which will almost never be able to go off in 3s/5s. Blind is undispellable so you can use it on something that's not the healer. Hungering is dispellable so now that it will be close to impossible to hunger a good healer, it's essentially almost useless.

you're a frost dk, just train the healer
Please support my art at:
http://taken-usernam...rt.com/gallery/

#64 RobZGod

RobZGod
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 26 May 2011 - 01:27 AM

game gets better and better every patch

o wait
vVv-Gaming.com

#65 Primius

Primius
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2039
  • 3v3: 2519
  • 5v5: 1150
  • RBG: 959

Posted 26 May 2011 - 01:28 AM

Damn, now you drooling retards won't be able to grip a healer in for an instant HC and then drop their partner in the duration. SHOOT!

Yeah because everyone that plays a Frost DK is a drooling retard. You should seriously grow up. B)

#66 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 26 May 2011 - 01:30 AM

Yeah because everyone that plays a Frost DK is a drooling retard. You should seriously grow up. B)

you cant blame him for presuming its true when the vast majority of frost dks are

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#67 Jeddak

Jeddak
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Dragonmaw
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 26 May 2011 - 01:43 AM

First of all, only the warriors target is broken out of fear, anyone else that was in range is feared normally and that fear can't be dispelled, so its very good, it just has a 2 minute CD. Put HC on a 2 minute CD and take the casting time off or make it so that when you cast it, HC freezes from the target you are casting on. That would be actually skillful. Having a casting time on something does not automatically make it more skillful to use. Anyone who thinks so should be very ashamed of themselves.

Btw, its not hard to hit 2100 as any class if you are already a glad capable player imo, chances are you already know most peoples abilities and know in what circumstances to use them because while you play, you think about how you can counter that. My brother hit 85 on his hunter and within 7 days (2 or 3 sessions) we were above 2200 as PallyHD back after 4.0.6... So thats obviously because hunters are faceroll right? Or because PHD was such an awesome comp! LOL no, its because he has played lots of classes and understands PvP so he can step in and play any class and it does not take him long to do well with it.

And to all the warlocks that post about everyone else being OP, slap yourselves in the face please. You may not be as OP as some classes but all you have to do is look at representation to see warlocks skyrocketed after 4.1

#68 Plazmo

Plazmo
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Balance 1/2/0/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 2183
  • 3v3: 2610
  • RBG: 2238

Posted 26 May 2011 - 01:48 AM

@Darrgena - Keep in mind, Warriors AoE fear breaks on every single damage from the warrior and from his partners, even from a bleed damage, so comparing HC to warrior fear isn't right.

So does HC (anything but your own diseases)
Despite, why does every1 think its such a horrible nerf? its goin to be harder to get off, but even if u get interupted, u should still be able to use all your melee attacks.
Time will tell if the change really is that retarded.

Oh and also, comparing the interupt on HC to Shattering throw is just stupid, frost dks are hurt by disarm just as much. Thats like saying, its okay that ele shamans can be interupted, an icelance spammin mage can also be stopped with silence!

#69 se2

se2
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arcane
  • LocationFinland

Posted 26 May 2011 - 02:05 AM

I'll take anything to nerf those annoying frost DKs which are ridiculously easy to play. Superb damage and 1min HC with 1m strang/desec + HB AoE slow etc. Would be funny to see how much many DKs would drop in rating if they actually had to play UH and control pet etc..

#70 GLopez

GLopez
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Unholy 0/1/2/2/0/2

Posted 26 May 2011 - 02:10 AM

We can only hope this gets hotfixed in tonight.

#71 Evolute

Evolute
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2447
  • 3v3: 2709
  • 5v5: 576
  • RBG: 1653
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 May 2011 - 02:15 AM

I don't think you can hotfix these things; only numbers. It will require a patch or something, I think. :<

Posted Image

#72 Evolute

Evolute
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2447
  • 3v3: 2709
  • 5v5: 576
  • RBG: 1653
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 May 2011 - 02:16 AM

Most are, indeed, drooling retards.

;)

Posted Image

#73 Vtec

Vtec
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Unholy
  • RBG: 3000

Posted 26 May 2011 - 02:17 AM

I think this is a good change, cast while running would be pwnage. I hate the class right now though, if they were to fix the ghoul and the leap/gnaw macro unholy would be fine.
Spoiler

#74 Novinetz

Novinetz
  • Stoleyourgf
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Laughing Skull
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 26 May 2011 - 02:20 AM

How many drooling retards have quit there DK's over this nerf?

#75 Calforums

Calforums
  • Freshnyte
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 26 May 2011 - 02:33 AM

didnt you use to gem full mastery?

#76 Behemothzz

Behemothzz
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/0/0/1

Posted 26 May 2011 - 02:38 AM

inb4 it remains instant but shares 20s Cd with death grip B)

Edit* You saw it here first

Edited by Behemothzz, 26 May 2011 - 02:59 AM.

#77 mukuld50

mukuld50
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Elemental ./././././.
  • RBG: 2666

Posted 26 May 2011 - 02:49 AM

inb4 it remains instant but shares 20s Cd with death grip B)

That is actually a really good idea. 15 sec CD shared with grip.

#78 Alkazard

Alkazard
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Frostwolf
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Protection
  • RBG: 2229

Posted 26 May 2011 - 02:58 AM

Well Army Of The Dead can be interrupted, so I am sure Hungering Cold can be interrupted. Getting interrupted while channeling army puts it on cooldown. Not sure if it will work the same way with Hungering Cold...

Either way the spell becomes worthless.

Assuming HC is interruptable it will not go on CD if it is interrupted. Army of the dead is a completely different situation/spell.

wear bigger wizard hats *<|¦-)

#79 Swiftful

Swiftful
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 26 May 2011 - 03:01 AM

Assuming HC is interruptable it will not go on CD if it is interrupted. Army of the dead is a completely different situation/spell.

Ok, let me clear something up - i said if the change makes it to live, HC will become INTERRUPTABLE and WILL lock you out of FROST if interrupted.

I NEVER mentioned anything about the spell going on CD if interrupted, i don't see where you read that.

This post is a reply to that guy you quoted if he tried to reply to my post.

Edited by Swiftful, 26 May 2011 - 03:02 AM.

Season 8 Summary: If you saw Flame Shock & Immolate on yourself for more than 2 seconds, the next thing you should see would be a -15.

#80 Timco

Timco

Posted 26 May 2011 - 03:29 AM

You can disarm it for 4 seconds.

as you can disarm a dk, and interrupt...oh, and disarm.
Nice try though
88 Celica All Trac

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users