• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/2/0/0/2
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:17 AM

A) HC is a spell, and as such should be interruptable. What's wrong with throwing at least a SEMI skilled dynamic like juking into a melee class? Should embrace the fact that they're making it require an iota of a thought. You can't sit there and honestly tell yourself playing frost atm is anything shy of retarded.

Don't think people realise if you try juke HC they will be out of range by the time it goes off.

#42 Fearful

Fearful
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Unholy
  • RBG: 1984

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:20 AM

While we're at it, how about we remove instant howl of terror and give psychic scream a 1.5 second cast. Since we're in the business of homogenizing classes that is

#43 Darrgen

Darrgen
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:21 AM

A) HC is a spell, and as such should be interruptable. What's wrong with throwing at least a SEMI skilled dynamic like juking into a melee class? Should embrace the fact that they're making it require an iota of a thought. You can't sit there and honestly tell yourself playing frost atm is anything shy of retarded.

B.) Even with Deep Freeze and RoF sharing DR now, they REALLY shouldn't be reverting the 1.5s cast time back to instant. The game has FAR too many instants as it is right now, that couple with far too many interrupts. So they're basically just going to play pong with the abilities for the rest of the expansion.

Well ill give you a few good reasons. DK is a melee class and if we have to stand there for 1.5 seconds(not including juking) we are not doing much of anything.
Also dks are a very trained class so tossing a stun/gouge or any number of abilities to stop the cast not including melee interrupts make it almost unusable while trained.
Not only that but if it locks out abilities, not only do we have to deal with roots raping our damage but interrupts on top of that.

#44 Lewisyo

Lewisyo
  • Members

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:22 AM

how about they just nerf the retarded damage and make it so unholy is actually viable again because the skill cap compaired from unholy to frost is just HUGE;

good change.
Posted Image

check em aesthetics brah http://www.youtube.c..._embedded#at=53

#45 Braindeadly

Braindeadly
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Survival

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:24 AM

While we're at it, how about we remove instant howl of terror and give psychic scream a 1.5 second cast. Since we're in the business of homogenizing classes that is

I agree with this

#46 Emopandah

Emopandah
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/2/0/0/2
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:30 AM

This is pretty much what you can relate the change to even though death knights are beyond broken right now a melee range castable cc is not a mechanic that should be in the game.

Edited by Emopandah, 26 May 2011 - 12:30 AM.

#47 Nielah

Nielah
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Sunstrider
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:30 AM

Even though I rejoice, I must say the way they started fixing things is just horrible. Unsubs incoming.

#48 Swiftful

Swiftful
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:34 AM

Blizzard: 4 ways to fix anything:

- Buff Damage
- Nerf Damage
- Increase Casting Time
- Make it Instant
Season 8 Summary: If you saw Flame Shock & Immolate on yourself for more than 2 seconds, the next thing you should see would be a -15.

#49 Grishnaz

Grishnaz
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:34 AM

Really bad way to change it but certainly necessary, if its interruptable, its back to unholy. sure you can say it would require skill to get it off (mostly bitter people so infuriated by the notion DKs are qqing about a HC nerf), but in every situation where its useful its going to be insanely easy to shut out.

I for one dont want to play a melee class/spec thats sucess revolves around a cast everyone is gonna save their interrupts for.

#50 Lotek

Lotek
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Whisperwind
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/1/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 768
  • 3v3: 1760

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:44 AM

Some element of awareness being required from DK's probably wouldnt be out of place, like removing the HC glyph so that morons cant just spam their FS key and still have HC ready to go, but a 1.5 sec cast might be too much.

#51 Primius

Primius
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2039
  • 3v3: 2519
  • 5v5: 1150
  • RBG: 959

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:45 AM

how about they just nerf the retarded damage and make it so unholy is actually viable again because the skill cap compaired from unholy to frost is just HUGE;

good change.

Damage isn't going to get nerfed. You can stop asking for that because it's not going to happen. The last round of Frost DK nerfs has pushed frost back to the bottom of the barrel in pve. Nerfing pvp damage will just further push the pve side of the game into the toilet.

Nerfing Utility is fine. There are just far better things they could have done like...

Make Desecration unavailable to Frost DKs
They could have changed the Hungering Cold Glyph

#52 PurpleStuff

PurpleStuff
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:45 AM

Official Blizzard Quote:

Death Knights Now have a new added functionality spell casting Enjoy!

B)
Posted Image

#53 Kadryelx

Kadryelx
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Lethon
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:59 AM

Well Army Of The Dead can be interrupted, so I am sure Hungering Cold can be interrupted. Getting interrupted while channeling army puts it on cooldown. Not sure if it will work the same way with Hungering Cold...

Either way the spell becomes worthless.

Army of the Dead is a channeled spell, so as soon as you press it it goes on cd.... My guess is hungering cold is a casted spell so it wont go on cd until its cast is over.

It's just going to give your healer or/and caster partner a lot of help if people actually interupt it, especially in a melee cleave, my healer is always complaning he doesnt like playing melee cleave sometimes cuz ALL the interupts goes on him and he has to juke 2-3 interupts at all times... If a mage CSs a hungering cold... well your healer or caster partner doesnt need to juke that mage, and its only delaying the hungering cold that will happen eventually anyways.

It's going to be a little harder to actually get it off, but it shouldnt be that hard to actually pull off... You can still AMS to prevent a CS or any kind of magical cc -> Grip -> Start Casting HC while hes getting gripped cuz grip is off the GCD and it should land around the same time as the healer is gripped in.

Edited by Kadryelx, 26 May 2011 - 01:05 AM.

Posted Image

#54 Swiftful

Swiftful
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 26 May 2011 - 01:01 AM

Army of the Dead is a channeled spell, so as soon as you press it it goes on cd.... My guess is hungering cold is a casted spell so it wont go on cd until its cast is over.

Well that's pretty obvious, i was just trying to say HC will most likely be interruptable & it will lock you out of Frost because it does the same to Army.
Season 8 Summary: If you saw Flame Shock & Immolate on yourself for more than 2 seconds, the next thing you should see would be a -15.

#55 Behemothzz

Behemothzz
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/0/0/1

Posted 26 May 2011 - 01:02 AM

not a bad idea at all,instant cc ruin the game

but is not only that,damage is abit to high on some classes almost unhealable

#56 Chuckmitts

Chuckmitts
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 26 May 2011 - 01:04 AM

Posted Image
:rogue::mage::priest:

#57 Poseyx

Poseyx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arcane 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • LocationNY

Posted 26 May 2011 - 01:06 AM

If there doing this they better make ROF 1.5 sec cast time, blind 1.5sec cast time, AoE fear 1.5sec cast time
www.Twitch.tv/wushington - Multi Gladiator feral stream

Mrlindv - Youtube channel

#58 Nixxy

Nixxy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow
  • RBG: 2576

Posted 26 May 2011 - 01:09 AM

Doubt it'll stay with a cast time, but atleast it means their looking into nerfing grip -> hungering cold. Which quite frankly is long overdue
Please support my art at:
http://taken-usernam...rt.com/gallery/

#59 Swiftful

Swiftful
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 26 May 2011 - 01:09 AM

If there doing this they better make ROF 1.5 sec cast time, blind 1.5sec cast time, AoE fear 1.5sec cast time

So you're comparing an unavoidable CC (HC) to blind / AoE fear and RoF?

1. You can easily Avoid the Aoe fear, it's not like a lock can "Shadow Grip" you into it.

2. Blind..not even going to discuss - it's more than fine.

3. RoF is avoidable aswell, making DF / RoF DR each other is fine too.

#60 Marshãll

Marshãll
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 26 May 2011 - 01:15 AM

the fact that after never playing a death knight before, the first night i played one (as frost ofc) in 4.1, i hit 2.1k in 3s and i COMPLETELY screwed up my cc so bad, but tbh it really didnt matter because dks do unhealable damage right now anyways. i think dks definitely needed a nerf, but idk if this was the right way to go about it :X

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<