• EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 2120
  • 3v3: 1663
  • RBG: 1793
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:58 PM

deterrence has NOT A SINGLE advantage over iceblock (other than being able to use it twice) and HUGE disadvanges.

Undispellable, being able to use back to back & retaining your mobility are nothing amirite?

Not saying one is better than the other, but bullshit like this doesnt help your own class either. It just adds up to the stereotype image people have of hunters, which is that they are a bunch of whining clueless retards who dont know what they are talking about.

Edited by Charred, 25 May 2011 - 06:59 PM.

Posted Image

#43 Lat1296687339

Lat1296687339
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:06 PM

Undispellable, being able to use back to back & retaining your mobility are nothing amirite?

Not saying one is better than the other, but bullshit like this doesnt help your own class either. It just adds up to the stereotype image people have of hunters, which is that they are a bunch of whining clueless retards who dont know what they are talking about.

lol you wont be popular in this thread

#44 TheGosuStandard

TheGosuStandard
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Survival 0/0/2/2/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 1491
  • 3v3: 1054
  • RBG: 1151

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:10 PM

I like your ideas, hopefully it will happen.

Anyways wasn't the MM mastery or talents suppose to add armor pen to increase Steady Shot damage?

#45 Axx

Axx
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Azgalor
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:11 PM

I agreed with you up into this point.. It's funny because it just shows how clueless you are with your point of view of the hunter class.

"Hunters are fine, the people who play them suck" good one mate, we haven't had to EVER deal what that one before.

This the best damn country in the world. Ain't nothin like it! We got freedom, and independence, and oil, and change. Hell, you can get an oil change for $20. What kind of deal is that? That's a hell of a deal!"

- boogie2988

#46 jidakra

jidakra
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Survival 0/1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2287
  • 3v3: 2166
  • RBG: 768

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:15 PM

Didnt feel like listing every obvious difference between iceblock and deterrence there is. There can be no discussion that advantages like breaking stuns, giving absolute immunity, removing dots and debuffs are INSANELY HUGE advantages over deterrence, especially from a hunter point of view, that aren't even remotely balanced out by "retaining mobility" (direct counterpart would be removal of snares, stuns, roots etc with iceblock, advantage of deterrence here is very arguable) or "undispellability" (which CAN be a rather big advantage, but is preventable).

I don't know why these comparisons are even brought up and I'm tired of discussing them. Scatter-Trap vs Deep-Ring and Deterrence vs. Iceblock only end in biased dicussions and have been discussed more than enough.
Both abilites have their pros and cons, from a hunter point of view the mage variants are a lot better.

Edited by jidakra, 25 May 2011 - 07:20 PM.

#47 Zez

Zez
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:21 PM

Apple and Orange

Edited by Zez, 25 May 2011 - 07:21 PM.

#48 Braindeadly

Braindeadly
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Survival

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:22 PM

Think there's like 3 hunters in the world getting vicious glad in 3s and 5s, these are almost all teams that played KFC or some sort of comp in 5s before 4.1

#49 Pouncedd

Pouncedd
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-The Underbog
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/0/2/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1425
  • 3v3: 2379
  • RBG: 1624
  • LocationOhio

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:26 PM

Once again I support this but I has no EU to do soo
Twitch.tv/pounced for my stream

#50 Charred

Charred
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:48 PM

I agreed with you up into this point.. It's funny because it just shows how clueless you are with your point of view of the hunter class.

"Hunters are fine, the people who play them suck" good one mate, we haven't had to EVER deal what that one before.

Where do I state in any way that I agree with that stereotype?
Read the goddamn post before you jump to conclusions.

The only thing i said was that a worthless reply like that only makes people cling to that stereotype even more.

Edited by Charred, 25 May 2011 - 07:49 PM.

Posted Image

#51 Charred

Charred
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:50 PM

Think there's like 3 hunters in the world getting vicious glad in 3s and 5s, these are almost all teams that played KFC or some sort of comp in 5s before 4.1

Ok and how is that relevant in any way to my quoted post :|?
Posted Image

#52 Charred

Charred
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:56 PM

Didnt feel like listing every obvious difference between iceblock and deterrence there is. There can be no discussion that advantages like breaking stuns, giving absolute immunity, removing dots and debuffs are INSANELY HUGE advantages over deterrence, especially from a hunter point of view, that aren't even remotely balanced out by "retaining mobility" (direct counterpart would be removal of snares, stuns, roots etc with iceblock, advantage of deterrence here is very arguable) or "undispellability" (which CAN be a rather big advantage, but is preventable).

I don't know why these comparisons are even brought up and I'm tired of discussing them. Scatter-Trap vs Deep-Ring and Deterrence vs. Iceblock only end in biased dicussions and have been discussed more than enough.
Both abilites have their pros and cons, from a hunter point of view the mage variants are a lot better.

Comparisons like that have popped up alot since cataclysm due to the direction blizzard is taking with their balance tweaks (homogination).
And it's stupid to not include information like that. It destroys any value your post might actually have & makes you come over terribly biased & clueless.
Posted Image

#53 Disiple34

Disiple34
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Subtlety 0/1/1/0/2/.

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:57 PM

So many awewsome changes to what i find to be a very clumsy hunter design.

I find most of the changes decent/needed, tho i have abit about the camoflage.

"Camouflage - Redesign this, turn it into a cloak-like ability which periodically camouflages us into the surroundings, supressing all damage taken (including dots that are currently on us) for X seconds and making us immune to magic debuffs but reducing damage we do by 30%(?) while the effect is in place. Also increases healing taken by 20% while the effect is active."

Seem okay fine, aside from the bolded part.
I would say dots should still tick, but would be un-refresh-able. But if this goes on, you would need to increase the cd on Detterence / remove it from Rediness, because hunters would be too hard to kill with a cloak like that and two detterences.

But nice changes overall.
Stay Strong!

-Disiple :priest:

Edited by Disiple34, 25 May 2011 - 07:58 PM.

#54 rinnxz

rinnxz
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:03 PM

1) I never bother clicking on these "FIX HUNTERS" threads because they always come up with some crazy fucking overpowered abilities/fixes rofl
2) if you're dying to dots in deterrence, YOU ARE 100%, NO MORE NO LESS, USING IT TOO LATE
3) huntesr do need SOME help, but you guys always find the need to make them batshit OP

and stfu with this ICE BLOCK LOLOLL shit, comparing spells is the dumbest fucking thing ever

kbye

#55 Leonardu

Leonardu
  • Leonardó
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:06 PM

Slightly biased. Take one step at a time instead. If all these changes went live it would be DK/Hunter/Rshaman top1-10 on every BG.

Hunters arent nearly that terrible. A ranged undispelable stun for example would be slightly over the top.

imo, few changes at a time. Dont give more burst out to people.

PS. Fix holy paladins first!

Edited by Leonardu, 25 May 2011 - 08:07 PM.

#56 jidakra

jidakra
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Survival 0/1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2287
  • 3v3: 2166
  • RBG: 768

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:07 PM

2) if you're dying to dots in deterrence, YOU ARE 100%, NO MORE NO LESS, USING IT TOO LATE

I hope you are trolling.

#57 rinnxz

rinnxz
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:08 PM

please explain how dots are soloing you, maybe feral dots if you use it at >30% (lol) and your healer is ccd, but seeing as how i play a feral team one in every 20 games, i don't see the issue

#58 zewaz

zewaz
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Beast Mastery
  • LocationEstonia

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:14 PM

eemm...why are these retards(Szk & Rinnzz) not banned?
WTF AJ...seriously...

Anyway, this thread is made to DISCUSS possible buffs to hunters, not DEMAND them. See what i did here? These are just things thrown out to discuss in a calmly way. But these retards just jump into hunters forum: "oh look, 'fix hunters' thread. Must call everybody biased, retard, OP THINGS LOLOLOL."

now. Now stat discussing things properly or if u are mentally disabled then GTFO from here....
Posted Image

#59 Redboww

Redboww
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/2/0/0/.

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:16 PM

please explain how dots are soloing you, maybe feral dots if you use it at >30% (lol) and your healer is ccd, but seeing as how i play a feral team one in every 20 games, i don't see the issue

What about getting swapped to at ~70% with a full throwdown, coming out at 10% hp, deterring, and having your healer eat a cc. You seriously must be joking if you think every hunter who dies through deter is doing it by choice at <10% hp.

#60 Redboww

Redboww
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/2/0/0/.

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:16 PM

also the only people who qq about possible hunter buffs and claim they are fine, are rogues mages and priests. Hmmm....

Edited by Redboww, 25 May 2011 - 08:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<