• Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Survival

Posted 25 May 2011 - 05:41 PM

Thanks for the image bro

Posted Image

Made a post on EU WoW Forums about hunters and suggestions of how to make our class properly viable.

http://eu.battle.net...opic/2151656086

Please support this thread.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hunters - Tournament Viable? Fix us!

Hi I'm making yet another post about hunters with suggestions of how to fix our bloody class so that we're actually balanced. I'm a top rated hunter, with the relentless and wrathful gladiator title (and soon to be vicious) on multiple hunters and battle groups so I am clearly extremely qualified to know what the problems are with our class.

Disclaimer: We have been carried by the top classes throughout this expansion, any other class is better in the team than us, the hunters. These are my proposals of how to fix the class in arena and tournaments.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scatter Shot - Redesign this, turn it into a stun which doesn't share DR with monkey special ability, X yard range and possibly change the name to pin down or something more appropriate. This gives us an extremely reliable, undispellable offensive and defensive CC and peel which also doesn't have retarded pathing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steady Shot - Remove it from the game, apply cobra shot to the master marksmanship and improved steady shot talents and reduce the cast time by possible 0.5 second via maybe a talent, or the Hunter PVP 4-set bonus (face it our 4-set bonus is dog-awful, it gives us a whopping 0.3 extra focus regen per second) Best of all that change won't affect PVE AT ALL. This will fix our extremly poor damage versus any plate class (especially warriors and dks) when I face them in arena my main tactic is to pray that they are bad. It basically normalizes our damage.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Master Marksman - Make it 100% chance to proc and 8 (more or less?) stacks to get a free aimed shot. This would allow us to control our burst instead of this RNG that we currently put up with.

PVE DPS - if that change occurs in a too much of a pve damage boost, then the solution is simple - remove the 15% auto shot damage mastery perk from MM.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scare Beast - Reduce the cast time to 1 second. It's so easy to shapeshift this and there's no way to catch a druid (with half a brain cell) off guard to pull it off. Give it some use or give us a glyph similar to the paladin turn evil glyph. This would make us much more versatile and it would reward people with good reactions versus all druid specs.

Resistance Is Futile Talent - A Simple fix. Apply a hefty damage modifier to this when it procs to say, 200% more damage(?). Then it would actually be worth taking the talent and this would increase the skill-cap of hunters as they have to manage their focus better, keeping 40 focus for the proc, when it procs.

Post Haste Talent - Increase the speed you gain from this to say 40%. It's stupid when mages get a 70% sprint after blinking. Maybe this is overkill though. 8% boots run speed + 30% from talent which don't stack resulting in a whopping 22% movement speed increase.

Readiness - Most classes like Rogue, Mage, DK, Warrior etc have nice on-demand burst (hi shadow dance) and we also had great on-demand burst back in WOTLK where our resource was mana, by the use of readiness. Now I propose a simple solution: Give readiness the ability when you pop Readiness to reduce the focus cost of all abilities by 100% for X seconds (something like 3-5 second?). That would give us the on-demand burst we had in wotlk and it would not affect pve at all as it's on a 3min CD. It would also increase the skill-cap slightly.

Wing clip - Turn this into a more Cooldown like ability, atm it's pointless as concussive shot is far superior and Wing clip is usually parried or dodged. The only time I use it is on cloaked rogues. It could possible be a 45-second CD Immobilize. People would have to be careful with this as it would most likely share diminishing returns with entrapment or web. It would give us a nice, reliable peel versus melee to help our healer etc.

Raptor Strike - As far as I know, this ability scaled with attack power much better in WOTLK, now it does not scale almost at all. Boost the damage of this ability or let it scale properly. It's not as bad as people thought it was in WOTLK, now it's useless (and so is the glyph).

Rapid Fire - Give it the cata rogue sprint treatment. Lower the CD but lower the duration and haste bonus.

Camouflage - Redesign this, turn it into a cloak-like ability which periodically camouflages us into the surroundings, supressing all damage taken (including dots that are currently on us) for X seconds and making us immune to magic debuffs but reducing damage we do by 30%(?) while the effect is in place. Also increases healing taken by 20% while the effect is active.

Items:

4-set Bonus - Like said above I strongly thing a 4-set bonus such as steady shot and/or aimed shot cast time cast time reduction would make our class much more optimal. Or even allow aimed shot to be cast while moving (maybe overkill).

Bugs: I'm happy that trap resists are being fixed however the range on tranq and silencing shot have still yet to be updated

Thank you for reading.

- Braindeadly"

Edited by Braindeadly, 25 May 2011 - 09:22 PM.

#2 Trakke

Trakke
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/1/1/1/1
  • RBG: 1903

Posted 25 May 2011 - 05:54 PM

yes
Posted Image

#3 Redboww

Redboww
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/2/0/0/.

Posted 25 May 2011 - 05:55 PM

first
edit: jk, but if even half of these changes went through, I would be so happy. Something needs to be done, seriously, its time.

Edited by Redboww, 25 May 2011 - 05:55 PM.

#4 Lordaklem

Lordaklem
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 25 May 2011 - 05:55 PM

No.

#5 Lordaklem

Lordaklem
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 25 May 2011 - 05:57 PM

I'm actually laughing how biased you are, so many random dmg and burst buffs. Hunter with shadowdance lmao #1.

#6 Redboww

Redboww
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 25 May 2011 - 05:57 PM

He didnt say give hunters shadow dance, he merely said readiness should be more useful as an offensive cd. Currently it is complete shit, really only useful for the 2 deterrences. Also most of these changes would make hunters dump on rogues 1v1 even more than they currently do, but its not about 1v1, hunters are the worst class in arena atm, find me something worse aside from maybe paladins

Edited by Redboww, 25 May 2011 - 06:00 PM.

#7 Braindeadly

Braindeadly
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout

Posted 25 May 2011 - 05:58 PM

No.

care to expand?

#8 Braindeadly

Braindeadly
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:01 PM

I'm actually laughing how biased you are, so many random dmg and burst buffs. Hunter with shadowdance lmao #1.

Learn to read, I've stated barely any damage buffs, only a better way of performing it

#9 Skzlol

Skzlol
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Retribution
  • LocationNY

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:01 PM

He didnt say give hunters shadow dance, he merely said readiness should be more useful as an offensive cd. Currently it is complete shit, really only useful for the 2 deterrences. Also most of these changes would make hunters dump on rogues 1v1 even more than they currently do, but its not about 1v1, hunters are the worst class in arena atm, find me something worse aside from maybe paladins

lol?

#10 Redboww

Redboww
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:03 PM

lol?

lol?

#11 Skzlol

Skzlol
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • LocationNY

sorry for the double post but i feel hunters should be on a bit higher of a level. maybe not EXACTLY what he stated but a bit better. the game is alot more fun when every1 is at an even state rather then OP/UP

:edit wasnt a double post anymore apparently

Edited by Skzlol, 25 May 2011 - 06:04 PM.

#12 Garxz

Garxz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/1/2/2/1/0

A lot of good changes :)

Maybe get a fear breaker or two?

Scare beast should be changed into Scare Prey to give us a short fear or break a fear imo, but more would have to be changed.

Edited by Garxz, 25 May 2011 - 06:06 PM.

For the record, you all have my utmost sympathy. All of you who are still playing hunter are fucking superhuman.

#13 Braindeadly

Braindeadly
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:04 PM

sorry for the double post but i feel hunters should be on a bit higher of a level. the game is alot more fun when every1 is at an even state rather then OP/UP

:edit wasnt a double post anymore apparently

Like Season7, best season and the majority agrees

#14 Braindeadly

Braindeadly
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:05 PM

lol?

isn't really good for anything else, maybe double freedom but that's gimmicky

#15 simplemind

simplemind
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Balance 2/0/2/1/2/1
  • RBG: 768

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:05 PM

One can only hope, i would be happy with even one of these changes.

#16 Braindeadly

Braindeadly
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:06 PM

Would appreciate it if a US player copy pastes my post onto US hunter forums as apparently no GMs read EU forums

#17 jidakra

jidakra
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Survival 0/1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2287
  • 3v3: 2166

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:07 PM

I feel like we need some sort of sustained damagesource that actually does more than 2k dmg per hit (hi autoshot, steadyshot and wild quiver). the most annoying thing about a hunter for me, is the fact that I can only drop someone to maybe 50% in a burst and can't follow it up with any damage whatsoever for 10 or more seconds. We dont have a heroic strike, backstab, icelance, froststrike, or anything at that matter that does some acceptable follow-up damage on our burst. That makes a single hunter sooo much less of a threat than any other class.

#18 Garxz

Garxz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/1/2/2/1/0

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:08 PM

The only problem I have with wow right now is warlock and dks, I don't care that much if we are a bit broken but those classes are out of control.

For the record, you all have my utmost sympathy. All of you who are still playing hunter are fucking superhuman.

#19 Skzlol

Skzlol
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • LocationNY

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:10 PM

isn't really good for anything else, maybe double freedom but that's gimmicky

was just stating how u can deterrence twice without any form of hypothermia. its a pretty solid ability if u ask me.op said its complete shit.

Edited by Skzlol, 25 May 2011 - 06:10 PM.

#20 jidakra

jidakra
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Survival 0/1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2287
  • 3v3: 2166

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:11 PM

was just stating how u can deterrence twice without any form of hypothermia. its a pretty solid ability if u ask me.op said its complete shit.

any hunter in this forum would trade deterrence for iceblock + hypothermia.

to clarify:
deterrence has NOT A SINGLE advantage over iceblock (other than being able to use it twice) and HUGE disadvanges. it doest remove dots (big minus), it doesnt break stuns (huge minus), it last for the half duration (making doubledetterence basically only lasting as long as 1 iceblock), you can get killed by abilities who are already in the air, it doesnt remove debuffs.

How can you possibly want to justify that deterrence should be inferior to iceblock in every single way, but at the same time share the same handicap? It HAS to be better SOMEWHERE to make up for its shortcomings!

edit: I'm not saying deterrence is bad. Its really come a long way since wotlk and is pretty good now. But having a hypothermia on it would make it too inferior to iceblock.

Edited by jidakra, 25 May 2011 - 06:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<