e130478
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Dragonmaw
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Elemental
  • RBG: 768

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:45 PM

Why is every healer rejoicing over the elimination of Spirit Link Totem from arena? Would it not be smarter to instead demand that it stay, and that something equivalent be given to each other healer as compensation?

I think you guys need to realize that shamans are not the problem, and are probably less powerful than you think. They're the best healer, simply because they are the only healer that can to some degree proficiently navigate the ridiculous amount of damage and instant cc currently in game.

I just can't see how nerfing the last viable healer is something to get excited about

#2 Skzlol

Skzlol
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Retribution
  • LocationNY

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:48 PM

View PostBlackafrican, on 23 May 2011 - 05:45 PM, said:

I just can't see how nerfing the last viable healer is something to get excited about
last viable healer u say? what game are u playing.

#3 Misted

Misted
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Frost
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:49 PM

'Would it not be smarter to instead demand that it stay, and that something equivalent be given to each other healer as compensation'

^ no

'I think you guys need to realize that shamans are not the problem, and are probably less powerful than you think.'

^wrong

'I just can't see how nerfing the last viable healer is something to get excited about'

^LOL

Where do I even begin with you? Was this a serious post?
simonfra1234, on 17 August 2011 - 08:52 AM, said:
at least i didnt name it to something retarded like african niggerbigcock stay smashed cleave

#4 Navariumx

Navariumx
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Skullcrusher
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • RBG: 1775
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:49 PM

I think you guys need to realize that shamans are not the problem, and are probably less powerful than you think.

Thank you for sig

I think you guys need to realize that shamans are not the problem, and are probably less powerful than you think.

#5 e130478

e130478
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Dragonmaw
  • Reckoning

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:53 PM

If you disagree with me, by all means argue. But offer a rebuttal other than "LOL"

#6 jizoke

jizoke
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:53 PM

I say blablabla.
Posted Image

#7 Corbslol

Corbslol
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Ghostlands
  • Retaliation
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 384

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:55 PM

View Postjizoke, on 23 May 2011 - 05:53 PM, said:

I say blablabla.

Mouzi for prez

#8 Skzlol

Skzlol
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • LocationNY

View Postjizoke, on 23 May 2011 - 05:53 PM, said:

I say blablabla.
heuheuheu

#9 Lewisyo

Lewisyo
  • Members

Yes, shamans are extremely over rated with their earth sheild and topping people off in 1 second

jk
Posted Image

check em aesthetics brah http://www.youtube.c..._embedded#at=53

#10 Breadstick

Breadstick
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Arena Tournament 1
  • Coliseum 1
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:58 PM

why are you guys taking everything out of context, he isn't saying shamans are bad at all, he's saying the other healers should be where shamans are

holy shit i swear sometimes this forum tries to be as fucking retarded as possible
s a d b o y s

#11 cruiseL

cruiseL
  • Imthebestcya
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Subtlety
  • LocationEAST LONDON

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:58 PM

View PostLewisyo, on 23 May 2011 - 05:55 PM, said:

Yes, shamans are extremely over rated with their earth sheild and topping people off in 1 second

jk

clearly hasnt played with any other healer than a shaman

#12 e130478

e130478
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Dragonmaw
  • Reckoning

Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:02 PM

I'm sorry, but when I watch a priest get deathgripped hungering cold, forced to trinket other wise face a strangulate combo, and then is immediately switched to and throwndown into a an obliteration of recklessness and necrotic strike chaos, and then forced to use Pain Suppression ridiculously early, there is something wrong.

Of course, that something wrong is usually noted as the Spirit Link Totem that negates the one and only kill chance the team just barely manages to almost get off

#13 Zong

Zong
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:05 PM

View PostBreadstick, on 23 May 2011 - 05:58 PM, said:

why are you guys taking everything out of context, he isn't saying shamans are bad at all, he's saying the other healers should be where shamans are

holy shit i swear sometimes this forum tries to be as fucking retarded as possible

Posted ImagePosted Image

#14 unreasonableme

unreasonableme
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Discipline
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:07 PM

Shamans are currently not as bad as they were before, and honestly I prefer to play with a druid of all healers. And he does make a point, I dont think shamans should be nerfed I think every other healer should get a slight buff because Im sick of seeing shit get blown up out of proportions against anything that has a DK or rogue on a team. Yes shamans can top off shit from 20% up to 80% in one heal, which is why you must STOP the healer with either CC or a coordinated switch, every healer in my opinoin should be able to do this it will overall improve skill cap and you wont have idiot DK's (and any other class with stupid dmg atm) running 2x pve trinkets blowing shit up to 2800+.

My 2 cents on this matter, enjoy

#15 jizoke

jizoke
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:07 PM

View PostBlackafrican, on 23 May 2011 - 06:02 PM, said:

I'm sorry, but when I watch a priest get deathgripped hungering cold, forced to trinket other wise face a strangulate combo, and then is immediately switched to and throwndown into a an obliteration of recklessness and necrotic strike chaos, and then forced to use Pain Suppression ridiculously early, there is something wrong.

Of course, that something wrong is usually noted as the Spirit Link Totem that negates the one and only kill chance the team just barely manages to almost get off

If you're talking about TSG vs priest (or any healer) it has been that way forever, only this time its frost DK burst and cc instead of unholy cancer.
Posted Image

#16 e130478

e130478
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Dragonmaw
  • Reckoning

Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:14 PM

View Postjizoke, on 23 May 2011 - 06:07 PM, said:

If you're talking about TSG vs priest (or any healer) it has been that way forever, only this time its frost DK burst and cc instead of unholy cancer.

I don't recall TSG ever being nearly as powerful as it currently is. And I believe my memory is correct, considering earlier versions of TSG did not enjoy high mobility and control in addition to their arguably justified immense up time.

#17 Reoz

Reoz
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:20 PM

#18 Calx

Calx
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:21 PM

no

View PostBlackafrican, on 23 May 2011 - 05:53 PM, said:

If you disagree with me, by all means argue. But offer a rebuttal other than "LOL"

i have all 4 healers @ lvl 85

#19 nihilísm

nihilísm
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: ./././././.

Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:24 PM

other healers getting buffed is in no way something that should happen to negate a spirit totem nerf/removal.  Pretty sad if you think otherwise.

The problem falls back to stupid damage... and has for multi years.

Why make "larger healthpools" to reduce burstiness, but then multiply the damage of class's burst by the exact same that the health pools were multiplied by.

Just puts you back to square one.

Blizzard has completely lost all legitimacy for trying to balance the game with failed promises of balance after failed promises of balance.

The game is so far beyond shit at the moment, and will take at least 8 months (next major content after firelands) and a LOT of revamps... like, a LOT to bring it remotely back to playable.

#20 e130478

e130478
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Dragonmaw
  • Reckoning

Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:25 PM

I just want people to examine the overall spectrum of arena, instead of just screaming fowl out of frustration. It may seem like shamans are quite good - and they are - but I can say with certainty that they are not the reason why your healer is less viable. Just take inventory of what a shaman brings to the table as a healer, and you will get your answer as to why they are currently the most represented healer.

(However, I do believe that Spirit Link Totem should be changed. It needs to apply a strong damage reduction to only the shaman casting it, and the redistribution mechanism needs to be eliminated)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<