- - - - -

RBG TIPS TRICKS AND TACTICS

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 dame

dame

Posted 22 May 2011 - 12:11 AM

Posting this for Výp, feel free to add stuff

"I'm looking to start a collection of tips and tricks people use in RBGs. I'm unable to start a thread in the RBG forum, so if a mod could move this in there?

Up until two months ago I had never pvp'd in arena or RBGs. I'm still learning the basics and I appreciate all help.

Right now I run an 1800 group three times a week and I am looking to improve.

Strategy I can add:
With <7 min left and score tied, you can turtle on Twin Peaks by grouping up at the house. FC is down below and everyone else just controls people so they can't get in. We have an ele shaman and a boomkin usually, so two knockbacks and multiple fear classes. With that and focus fire with 9 people, it's been very easy to turtle.

Feel free to add even stuff you think is basic! IE which classes to focus first always. Right now I pretty much have every train priests as they have so much utility, while cc'ing or focusing next any arcane/boomkin. :I'm looking to start a collection of tips and tricks people use in RBGs. I'm unable to start a thread in the RBG forum, so if a mod could move this in there?

Up until two months ago I had never pvp'd in arena or RBGs. I'm still learning the basics and I appreciate all help.

Edited by dame, 03 June 2011 - 09:15 PM.

AJ's Wall of Tough Guy

Anyone bitching about how they nerfed getting 40 FUCKING PERCENT FROM A SINGLE BG, is a fucking idiot.

You bought the game, you will have plenty of time to do bgs, do your fucking quests and see the content.

You fucking dumb

#2 Lunchablez

Lunchablez
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Boulderfist
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 22 May 2011 - 01:45 AM

"I'm looking to start a collection of tips and tricks people use in RBGs. I'm unable to start a thread in the RBG forum, so if a mod could move this in there?

Strategy I can add:
With <7 min left and score tied, you can turtle on Twin Peaks by grouping up at the house. FC is down below and everyone else just controls people so they can't get in. We have an ele shaman and a boomkin usually, so two knockbacks and multiple fear classes. With that and focus fire with 9 people, it's been very easy to turtle.

Feel free to add even stuff you think is basic! IE which classes to focus first always. Right now I pretty much have every train priests as they have so much utility, while cc'ing or focusing next any arcane/boomkin. :I'm looking to start a collection of tips and tricks people use in RBGs. I'm unable to start a thread in the RBG forum, so if a mod could move this in there?

Strategy I can add:

Feel free to add even stuff you think is basic! IE which classes to focus first always. Right now I pretty much have every train priests as they have so much utility, while cc'ing or focusing next any arcane/boomkin. "

type it a 3rd time for added effect imo ;)

#3 Tw1zle

Tw1zle
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Bronzebeard
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Blood 2/2/0/0/1/2
  • RBG: 1793

Posted 22 May 2011 - 02:02 AM

Honestly if your against "good" teams you cannot afford to "turtle" because if 2-3 ppl connect in a smokebomb it cud all be over

I dunno about tips tho

always remember to send a guy mine in ab (some teams dont and u get a free cap lol)
scout the water between mine and lighthouse if you can see the other team seen people doing this alot more recently
always send ppl mountain way on gilneas (if ur horde going to ww) so a frost dk cant cc u in water

there not "tips" but just good anti "cheeses"

#4 dame

dame

Posted 22 May 2011 - 02:08 AM

type it a 3rd time for added effect imo ;)

maybe i will if u think it will work B)
AJ's Wall of Tough Guy

Anyone bitching about how they nerfed getting 40 FUCKING PERCENT FROM A SINGLE BG, is a fucking idiot.

You bought the game, you will have plenty of time to do bgs, do your fucking quests and see the content.

You fucking dumb

#5 zeemolol1

zeemolol1
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: ./././././.

Posted 22 May 2011 - 02:57 AM

General comp of mine is x4 healer ideal for CTF
O: War/Rogue/DiscPriest/CC *mage/lock*/Bursty DPS
D: Any FC/ Resto Shaman/Hpal/Disc Priest/Boomkin
O pov: Get Berserk Buff for War or Burst DPS an on debuff goin an pop cds
D pov: typhoon people off the top, life grip if FC is pushd down or just FC jumps down, Aura Mastery / BoP to MC people off.

#6 Audiyo

Audiyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Subtlety
  • RBG: 2769

Posted 23 May 2011 - 03:38 AM

Honestly if your against "good" teams you cannot afford to "turtle" because if 2-3 ppl connect in a smokebomb it cud all be over

Not really, you just camp roof then kite when they get to you. It will take forever for them to catch you and when they do most of them will be CC'd. It's also really easy to pick people off when they are trying to rush flag carrier so you end up wiping a lot of them before they even get to the FC. Just save trinket for first smokebomb and CDs if they manage to land another. I always follow the FC and smokebomb if they smokebomb on him, with our healers standing nearby to run in. We have never lost while turtling the last ~5 minutes even against good teams.
Posted Image

#7 Shrouds

Shrouds
  • Junkies

Posted 23 May 2011 - 08:55 PM

You just tell the other 9 idiots what to do and they listen and you win=beating glad teams with 2200 retards

#8 Nexusrage

Nexusrage
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arms
  • RBG: 2376

Posted 24 May 2011 - 01:58 PM

You just tell the other 9 idiots what to do and they listen and you win=beating glad teams with 2200 retards

cause arena skill does not equal bg skill?

#9 caseyallard

caseyallard
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Dragonmaw
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:32 AM

good strat = 10 man turtling until you manage to jew their team with a 45 second res spawner and pretty much take over the entire game while they have to watch

especially in gilneas where no matter what you have to res at your start GY lawl

wtb hotfixes
same

#10 Zeriel

Zeriel
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm

Posted 04 June 2011 - 03:04 AM

1) Play with shit players
2) Carry them while facing equally shit players
3) Gain a ton of pts for every win, never lose pts.
4) YEAH, #1, I LOVE THIS HIGHLY COMPETITIVE FORM OF PVP.

(Because I know it seems like I'm ragging on RBGs heavily here, I have to say I really enjoy them individually, game to game, the way the ranking system works is just insanely, hilariously bad.)

#11 Annihilate

Annihilate
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Protection
  • RBG: 2833

Posted 04 June 2011 - 09:36 PM

(Because I know it seems like I'm ragging on RBGs heavily here, I have to say I really enjoy them individually, game to game, the way the ranking system works is just insanely, hilariously bad.)

Agreed. The ranking system really is 'insanely, hilariously bad.'

#12 Bersihasi

Bersihasi
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Antonidas
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Mistweaver 0/1/2/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1046
  • 3v3: 2301
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 2421

Posted 05 June 2011 - 04:57 PM

On EU its like.
1) Play with good ppl
2) face other good ppl
3) gain a ton of pts for every win and also lose a lot or like me dont lose any until 4.1 8( (8/10 of the team will lose a lot)
4) Yeah, #1, I LOVE THIS HIGHLY COMPETETIVE FORM OF PVP.

Ofc its suxx that someone can get carried by toons or ppl with low mmr, but everyone does know these ppl.
Its like ppl that get Glads or even #1 glads by wintrading or buyin. They also mayby still have the titles but everybody knows that they exploited/bought it and they will never get the respect.

And in RBG its imho also exploiting to get on the top 10 with your <2000 MMR Teams. Its not the best system but u still have a lot of guilds that play it "legit", just for the competition and the fun and not for the titles or rankings.

~Bersi
Posted Image

#13 Zeriel

Zeriel
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm

Posted 06 June 2011 - 03:38 AM

I was under the impression that even top players like Reckful exploit the system to a certain extent to keep gaining good points? I mean, if anything, it would work even better if you're a very popular/high level player known across the world, since that means you'd have a wide pool of people to pull from and say, "Hey random gladiator who has never played RBGs, play with me and win every game, so I can get tons of points a win from your 1500 MMR".

#14 Yes

Yes
  • Administrators
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Dragonmaw
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Balance
  • LocationNew York

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:39 AM

In flag based BGs, have a very fast flag carrier with crusader or w.e go for the flag, while your team identifies and slows down / ccs their flag carrier. Make sure not to have anyone die. This way, when your two groups meet, it will be much closer to your starting zone and GY.

#15 Audiyo

Audiyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • RBG: 2769

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:14 AM

In flag based BGs, have a very fast flag carrier with crusader or w.e go for the flag, while your team identifies and slows down / ccs their flag carrier. Make sure not to have anyone die. This way, when your two groups meet, it will be much closer to your starting zone and GY.

Yeah sending a pally with your FC is a smart thing to do, just make sure you have your main FC pick up the flag. We have had so many people send druids/rogues to pick up flags and pass them off. We just end up killing them in 3 seconds or returning it as they try to pass it off.
Posted Image

#16 Seekay

Seekay
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Turalyon
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 07 June 2011 - 08:27 AM

Agreed. The ranking system really is 'insanely, hilariously bad.'

Considering what Koreans are doing with the MMR bug, we see it's not just the RBG ratings that are severely flawed

#17 Sammm

Sammm
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 07 June 2011 - 08:54 AM

It's not as easy to abuse the "low" mmr team thing anymore, unless you have access to a massive amount of fresh chars, since they started matching by mmr and not team rating. All the new alts we started doing this with have 34XX mmr and 12XX rating atm.

But yeah, the system is bugged - Batenx has near 2500 rating with a high (~85%) w/l, yet his mmr wont move from around 2k.

#18 Maajty

Maajty
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Combat 2/0/0/1/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1287
  • LocationSWE xD

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:11 AM

Sám
My rating is almost 3k and my mmr is 2500. =(
Same thing for me as for båtenx and probably for a lot other ppl.

Edited by Maajty, 07 June 2011 - 10:11 AM.

#19 Joshjlol

Joshjlol
  • Synèrgy
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 08 June 2011 - 04:26 PM

yee i have 2800 mmr and it doesnt go up ever lol and i get like 3 pts a win and lose 20

#20 Cerebral

Cerebral
  • Synergyqt
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Arena Tournament 1
  • Coliseum 1
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 12 June 2011 - 01:55 PM

Strategy I can add:

GREAT TIPS MAN +REP

everything cody says is 100% fact

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<