Tw1zle
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Bronzebeard
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Blood 2/2/0/0/1/2
  • RBG: 1793

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:44 PM

a big change that shud happen is that dk's shuldnt have to be silenced and disarmed to be killed, they should just change it so all ability's are under 1 roof, and then dk's wud be on a even footing with most other op classes atm and then can be toned down to a nessesary level

#42 berNs

berNs
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Sanguino
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:53 PM

a big change that shud happen is that dk's shuldnt have to be silenced and disarmed to be killed, they should just change it so all ability's are under 1 roof, and then dk's wud be on a even footing with most other op classes atm and then can be toned down to a nessesary level

No

#43 Tw1zle

Tw1zle
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Bronzebeard
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 19 May 2011 - 03:28 PM

no because u think it wud kill dk's or because u dont want the game to be balanced?

#44 TomAlek

TomAlek
  • Members

Posted 19 May 2011 - 03:44 PM

no because u think it wud kill dk's or because u dont want the game to be balanced?

No because he thinks it's a bad idea, is it so hard to understand this?
Posted Image

#45 Ispen

Ispen
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Frostwhisper
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 19 May 2011 - 04:00 PM

cant you distuinguish between a class and a specc?

im talking from an unholy pov, not a frost. ive actually attacked other DKs who justify frost damage and whatnot, but it doesnt matter does it because people like automatically put everyone under the same boat and assume they want to get away with "everything"

take your head out of your ass for one minute, and look at how shit unholy would be if you actually implemented all that. rofl death grip nerf, what kind of suggestion is that. There are WAY more easier stuff to nerf frost dks with, w/o rendering another specc useless.

and yes from a balance pov, i dont feel more overpowered the sub rogues as unholy but maybe im just biased even though that seems to be the generel consensus(you know, like all the other rogues who say their class is finexD??)

Please do try to process that I said damage to the unholy spec that causes can be compensated, so probably everyone else understood that I didn't put you in a boat with other Frost DKs.
You should be able to realize that the class is way too strong, especially in regards of being so anti-caster, healers running around trying to heal but they never can due to CDs of a DK, while NS is stacked heavily, breaking stuns and being immune to magic.
So if you are not on the same boat with people that wanna remain OP, at least start by acknowledging that the class has way too many anticaster tools and should not destroy healers 1v1 as no other class can at this expansion.
Also, I didn't say remove Death Grip, I said, deal with it being usable from 1 yard as an interrupt and I suggested removal of NS having %30 cast time reduction which is in my opinion more than fair.

#46 stazzy

stazzy
  • Junkies

Posted 19 May 2011 - 04:31 PM

Please do try to process that I said damage to the unholy spec that causes can be compensated, so probably everyone else understood that I didn't put you in a boat with other Frost DKs.
You should be able to realize that the class is way too strong, especially in regards of being so anti-caster, healers running around trying to heal but they never can due to CDs of a DK, while NS is stacked heavily, breaking stuns and being immune to magic.
So if you are not on the same boat with people that wanna remain OP, at least start by acknowledging that the class has way too many anticaster tools and should not destroy healers 1v1 as no other class can at this expansion.
Also, I didn't say remove Death Grip, I said, deal with it being usable from 1 yard as an interrupt and I suggested removal of NS having %30 cast time reduction which is in my opinion more than fair.

unholy doesnt "destroy" healers, only priests really have a bitch outhealing DKs, the rest not so more then war/rogue etc

im more then fine with the removal of cast time reduction, but mind numbing should also go in that case, wouldnt even need compensation on this one. nerfing ams and compensating could do aswell

and no, i dont think unholy is op, that seems to be what your insinuating, atleast not anymore then the likes of other melee particularly your class.

Edited by stazzy, 19 May 2011 - 04:33 PM.

#47 GLopez

GLopez
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Unholy 0/1/2/2/0/2

Posted 19 May 2011 - 04:55 PM

On the bright side, according to my napkin math, the Necrotic Strike nerf should be outweighed for unholy by the Unholy Might buff.

#48 Tw1zle

Tw1zle
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Bronzebeard
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 19 May 2011 - 05:23 PM

No because he thinks it's a bad idea, is it so hard to understand this?

what i meant was he shud explain why its a bad idea b4 just giving a simple yes/no answer ... thanks for assuming im dumb tho

#49 Casabonitasup

Casabonitasup
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darkspear
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:21 PM

I'm guessing the necrotic strike nerf is gonna hurt unholy 2 much, necrotic strike is all we have left :S

#50 Berèn

Berèn
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/0/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1588
  • 3v3: 384

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:22 PM

finallyy ^^
Posted Image

#51 Casabonitasup

Casabonitasup
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darkspear
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:25 PM

Howling Blast damage has been reduced by 8%, from [ 1441 + 48% AP ] + [ 721 + 24% of AP ] to [ 1322 + 48% of AP ] + [ 661 + 24% of AP ]

^Great

Annihilation now increases damage dealt by Obliterate by 15/30/45%, up from 12/24/36%.

^ ?????????????????????????????????

PVE :P

#52 Blacksheezy

Blacksheezy
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Whisperwind
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:56 AM

Maybe we'll actually use obliterate like we're supposed to >.>
Plz to has more green squares.

Also, looking for a holy paladin for 3s. Hit me up!

#53 GLopez

GLopez
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 20 May 2011 - 02:06 AM

A lot of people who played frost before the patch keep saying that, but I don't think Obliterate will ever be viable on anything except cloth.

#54 Blacksheezy

Blacksheezy
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Whisperwind
  • Rampage

Posted 20 May 2011 - 02:09 AM

A lot of people who played frost before the patch keep saying that, but I don't think Obliterate will ever be viable on anything except cloth.

Obliterate scales exceptionally well, though. Chances are you're probably right, though just because of how much of a slave it is to armor =/

#55 GLopez

GLopez
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 20 May 2011 - 02:12 AM

Yeah, it's like the old Scourge Strike.

Pretty much the only reason death knights were relatively weak in Season 8 is because they only had a few really viable targets since the class's main attack was physical.

That's why the class has to be built around attacks like Necrotic Strike and Howling Blast in PVP. Nothing else is practical.

Edited by GLopez, 20 May 2011 - 02:14 AM.

#56 Blacksheezy

Blacksheezy
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Whisperwind
  • Rampage

Posted 20 May 2011 - 03:07 AM

Frost strike is pretty crazy though.

I can see howling blast getting a full AoE spell treatment at some point. It's an interesting spell but something that's terribly hard to balance around. That'd probably require rime to get reworked (Free frost strike or oblit seems within reason) but we'll see I guess. I'm more than partial to getting the fuck away from the closest we've been to shadowfrost since the inception of the DK class.

#57 GLopez

GLopez
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 20 May 2011 - 03:25 AM

Well, at least the spec seriously rewards being in melee range thanks to Necrotic Strike. If Howling Blast was actually the best rune-based nuke, I'd be worried.

#58 Guest_pheqqu_*

Guest_pheqqu_*

Posted 20 May 2011 - 07:50 AM

Maybe? at least i hope so - although i doubt it!

I don't doubt it at all, almost 10% damage less when he connects and on range. It means my priest has a chance to live if I mess up a peel for half a second.

In all honesty, this will probably bring death knights down to a much more tolerable level, and still having insane substained damage.

#59 GLopez

GLopez
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 20 May 2011 - 08:23 AM

Yeah, the thing with these seemingly small percents is that they scale exponentially with everything else that's going on in PVP. Taking 10 percent less damage means even an improperly timed peel can still save a life, one defensive cooldown can make it so someone can be healed to full, a heal that wouldn't have done enough before will suddenly let someone get topped off, etc.

Most people don't factor all of that, and it makes substantial nerfs seem smaller. But remember a 10 percent buff is what's made mages so strong today. A similar 10 to 15 percent nerf is what made unholy death knights go from ridiculous to what I think is a good standard for melee classes.

Edited by GLopez, 20 May 2011 - 08:28 AM.

#60 Verereesa

Verereesa
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Twilight's Hammer
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Unholy
  • RBG: 1151

Posted 20 May 2011 - 12:34 PM

1. Remove NS from Frost
2. ???
3. Profit
Look in the mirror and ask yourself: does it worth?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<