• Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/1/2/2/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 2430
  • 3v3: 2602
  • RBG: 1693

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:51 AM

Yeah that comp got quite heavy CC with Throwdown > Scatter Trap > Fear every 45seconds.

Also double fear to get Tremor totem on cooldown against enemy shamans.
So First Throwdown > Scatter Trap > Warrior or Priest Fear (uses Tremor)
next 30seconds Scatter Trap again > Warrior or priest Fear again > then Throwdown is off cooldown again.

Just have to connect damage/burst really well sicne it's lower damage then a DK.

Well we usually use our cc(besides priest fear) to interrupt heals that are midcast, and in most cases we use throwdown on a dps either for a kill or a peel, or just to get offensive pressure going. But yea, the cc is definitely way better in war/hunt/priest, and like you said its nice to get tremor out of the way easily with warrior fear so we can get a full priest fear when dr is up.

#182 Brykon

Brykon
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 30 May 2011 - 04:49 PM

Is it better to rediness and only use 1 deterrence in most situations? Would the pressure just be well worth it? Or save it for most comps?

#183 Esiwdeer

Esiwdeer
  • Reedwise
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/1/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 276
  • 3v3: 1704
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 30 May 2011 - 08:59 PM

Is it better to rediness and only use 1 deterrence in most situations? Would the pressure just be well worth it? Or save it for most comps?

using readiness to its potential is the hardest part about playing hunter in 3s

#184 acushi

acushi
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/2/1

Posted 31 May 2011 - 12:32 AM

using readiness to its potential is the hardest part about playing hunter in 3s

BRB using readiness to double deterence.

#185 KennyEU

KennyEU
  • Premium Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Marksmanship
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 31 May 2011 - 02:11 AM

BRB using readiness to double deterence.

I told it my partners weeks ago: Readiness usage is probably what I can improve my game upon. Seeing a multi-glad/r1 hunter state Readiness is the hardest part, is pretty much a confirmation of this for me.

The fact is, you can probably almost never use readiness perfectly. You'd pretty much need to be able to foresee the future to do that. You could use it for double deterrence, and u could use it going for the kill, risking not having deterrence again and getting swapped to and killed.

#186 shadowslayaa

shadowslayaa
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Caelestrasz
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/1/1/1/.
  • LocationCat

Posted 31 May 2011 - 06:10 AM

played this comp to 2400. nice being able to post here now :lol:
trap > Fear > Strangulate > HC . When we get the fear out of the trap its usually GG
not sure how much higher we can get though. We are currently the highest dk/hunter/x on Bloodlust. Why isn't this a popular comp?

#187 Cres

Cres
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/0/1/1/0/.

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:16 AM

Because you can run something even better as frost DK.

#188 kravnos

kravnos
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Lightning's Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 31 May 2011 - 01:50 PM

you hardly gain any offensive pressure from using readiness now opposed to WOTLK

it's good for a resisted trap and double deter bout it

#189 Delikat

Delikat
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 31 May 2011 - 02:42 PM

Mostly end up using Readiness for extra interupts on the healer getting the killing blow on dps.

#190 acushi

acushi
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/2/1

Posted 01 June 2011 - 12:49 AM

you hardly gain any offensive pressure from using readiness now opposed to WOTLK

it's good for a resisted trap and double deter bout it

Yeah, all its really used for now is utility. (i.e. RESISTED TRAP, Oh crap I need to deterence since my healer is in the weeds and I am getting focused, and Double Rapid fire for some good burst) It goes in that order of priorty for me if I have to use readiness.

Personally in WOTLK it was nice to kill a mage before an ice block with double chimera and aimed shots. I really do miss aimed shot being instant and having a baked in healing debuff.

#191 Futon

Futon
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Nathrezim
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Beast Mastery

Posted 01 June 2011 - 12:21 PM

Yeah, all its really used for now is utility. (i.e. RESISTED TRAP, Oh crap I need to deterence since my healer is in the weeds and I am getting focused, and Double Rapid fire for some good burst) It goes in that order of priorty for me if I have to use readiness.

Personally in WOTLK it was nice to kill a mage before an ice block with double chimera and aimed shots. I really do miss aimed shot being instant and having a baked in healing debuff.

Yes. A lot of the hunter changes were very counter productive in this expansion. I took a long break during s8 to the start of cata, when i came back i had to relearn the hunter class. They changed to much, and a lot of it was just dumb. Worst of all was the mortal strike change. Its just silly and makes no sense. A shot that deals no damage, costs focus, and wastes a global cooldown for a 10% debuff. Thanks blizzard i love it!!

If they put the 10% ms debuff in serpent sting i think that would fix a couple issues with the class.

#192 Delikat

Delikat
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 01 June 2011 - 01:31 PM

Absolutely clueless why they didn't add Widow to Serpent Sting, hell just add it to Improved Serpent Sting talent then.
I'm sure if blizzard checks out used skills in arena, they will see a 0.01% usage of Widow Venom in arena's/bg
as < 1500 rateds will prolly use it :)

Then again not so clueless about it, cause thats just how blizzard has always cared about hunters+pvp

#193 zewaz

zewaz
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Beast Mastery
  • LocationEstonia

Posted 01 June 2011 - 02:56 PM

The problem with current Window venom is just a leftover from beta. It's blizzards own fault. When there was cata beta going on, they removed all the stings (except serpent) from us and instead gave us venoms - window, scorpid, viper venom. In the cata beta:
  • window venom - ms debuf + 5% heal if u chimera shot that target
  • scorpid venom - 3x 4% armor reduction debuff (hello sunder armor) + disarm if u chimera shot that target
  • viper venom - u gained X % more focus per sec (4% if i remember right... ) + X % mana burn (5% if i remember right..) if u chimera shot that target

But during the end of beta, for some awesome reason they removed this design(using chimera shot on venoms) and just left plain useless widow venom to us....

CLEAR EXAMPLE OF HOW THIS CLASS DESIGN WAS LEFT UNFINISHED when they overhauled wotlk -> cata
Posted Image

#194 tika

tika
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/0/2/2/2/1

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:23 AM

few small clips of me playing this on tr, hope I'll be able to make more if people enjoy it.

( on a side note, does anyone know how I can remove those black outlines )

Edited by tika, 02 June 2011 - 08:38 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<