#42 bIlliAn

bIlliAn
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 10 May 2011 - 01:25 PM

So glad that I'm one of the people who helped that number, and I hope more people realize what they're paying for.

World of Warcraft: Shit game, shit balance, constant updates which fix imbalances and create more, expansions which cost $50+, monthly fee of $13-15 over the course of now 7 years, esports(mlg) dropping WoW pvp

Starcraft 2: $50, balanced, surrounded by esports, some people live their life off earnings/sponsors of sc2, no monthly fee

Diablo III: nuff said

Edited by bIlliAn, 10 May 2011 - 01:28 PM.

Life is Good
Facebook | Bodyspace

#43 Zilex

Zilex
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 10 May 2011 - 01:29 PM

View PostbIlliAn, on 10 May 2011 - 01:25 PM, said:

So glad that I'm one of the people who helped that number, and I hope more people realize what they're paying for.

World of Warcraft: Shit game, shit balance, constant updates which fix imbalances and create more, expansions which cost $50+, monthly fee of $13-15 over the course of now 7 years, esports(mlg) dropping WoW pvp

Starcraft 2: $50, balanced, surrounded by esports, some people live their life off earnings/sponsors of sc2, no monthly fee

why are you still on aj?

#44 Droozyo

Droozyo
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 0/1/0/1/0/0

Posted 10 May 2011 - 01:32 PM

well to be honest, the game's been out for like what, 6 years now? and the amount of subscribers has never went down. of course it's gonna happen sometime.

#45 isabis

isabis
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Holy
  • RBG: 2319

Posted 10 May 2011 - 01:52 PM

People are starting to get bored of the game, that's it. Cata didn't bring anything new, it was nothing more but a big patch, it's not worth to be called an expansion.
I myself am paying 10€ a month just to play 3v3 two hours a week. Feels like I'm wasting way too much money on it, but what can I do I like arena.

#46 berserker

berserker
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 10 May 2011 - 01:58 PM

its a guess but i think that WoW isnt getting a lot of new players to offset the loss of veterans, as the youth is shifting towards consoles
Posted Image

#47 Spooksrus

Spooksrus
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 10 May 2011 - 02:16 PM

View PostTheed, on 10 May 2011 - 07:50 AM, said:

I bet 99% of them are shadowpriests X)
no they are pallies

#48 ROKMODE

ROKMODE

Posted 10 May 2011 - 03:18 PM

They obviously made this up so players would feel guilty and rejoin and make their friends and grandmas and pet rabbits join the game, thereby increasing the number of subscribers drastically.
Expect bias in posts because
Wotlk is the best thing since sliced bread

#49 Xaint

Xaint
  • Junkies

Posted 10 May 2011 - 03:29 PM

View PostROKMODE, on 10 May 2011 - 03:18 PM, said:

They obviously made this up so players would feel guilty and rejoin and make their friends and grandmas and pet rabbits join the game, thereby increasing the number of subscribers drastically.

Or it'll make people realize how much the game truly does suck and quit, too.

You can only jump around so many times in Elwynn/Durotar before you get bored and log back out. I guess it wouldn't be so bad if PvE interested me in any way/shape and form.
oh hai.

#50 nstomper

nstomper
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Fire
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 10 May 2011 - 03:30 PM

I wish they would lose more.  Maybe it would be a wake up call to freshen up the end game.

#51 bxc

bxc
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Stormreaver
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 1522
  • 3v3: 1718
  • RBG: 1694

Posted 10 May 2011 - 04:02 PM

600k is an enormous drop, especially if those are NA/EU accounts. also, keep in mind wow has nowhere near 12 mil concurrent active accounts. wow probably has 4-5 million active real accounts at best. asia probably contributes to the hugely skewed 12 million claim but those are not active accounts as we perceive them.

#52 pastorkristi

pastorkristi

Posted 10 May 2011 - 04:22 PM

My opinion on that:

I believe lots of players quit not cause the game has run out of content but cause of what is Blizz doing to their beloved classes. I got 2 friends who quit cause of Disc is no longer the healer it used to be....like 2 who quit cause of holy pallys are going shit and Blizz ain't even looking at that...my 2,7k KFC warr even quited cause he found that warr in Cata(pre-4.1) is way too unchallenging to play and way too dumb(aka globals stuff)....stuff like that makes players quit and not content if you ask me -since Blizz always release raids and shit so it's all the new old same and players kept playing it.

I guess some mages quited too cause of the dumb shit mages have become compared to mages in TBC and WotLK even ? Lots of hunters quited cause of focus change and Blizz failling to make our class viable(outside of being boosted by warr/DK/ferals) for just another season ?????

But surely lots of people quit cause of lack of interesting content too maybe :) I know lots of guys who actually quited cause of the way Blizz kills their Lore ?-aka Illidan and LK down....and Cairne Bloodhoof(not sure bout if I spelled the name right) killed in a dumb way...etc such a stuff :) They kinda ruined the WC3 history-line :)

#53 cruiseL

cruiseL
  • Imthebestcya
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Subtlety
  • LocationEAST LONDON

Posted 10 May 2011 - 04:23 PM

View PostShadowtwist, on 10 May 2011 - 07:27 AM, said:

source: www.mmo-champion.com

it really says enough about the state of the game

didnt subscribers increase from tbc to wrath?

does that mean tbc's content was awful? it was the only time where pve was actually challenging. (b4 muru nerf etc)

#54 cruiseL

cruiseL
  • Imthebestcya
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Subtlety
  • LocationEAST LONDON

Posted 10 May 2011 - 04:25 PM

View PostbIlliAn, on 10 May 2011 - 01:25 PM, said:

atleast wow isnt as bad as console gaming, where every game tends to last about a week. £40+ shitty DLC that should have been included with the original release is a major rip off compared to WoW where people such as boosters can earn £1k-2k a month. isnt as good  as sc2 but hey not evry1 is fucking korean

Edited by cruiseL, 10 May 2011 - 04:27 PM.

#55 Arias

Arias
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Bonechewer
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Retribution
  • RBG: 2502

Posted 10 May 2011 - 05:01 PM

View PostGLopez, on 10 May 2011 - 08:07 AM, said:

The big problem is Blizzard is slow as hell with bringing out new content. There is also absolutely nothing to do outside of raids, heroics, arenas and rated battlegrounds. This game isn't a MMORPG anymore.

Was there ever anything to do outside of raids, heroics, and arenas? I'm pretty sure that's all people did even back in BC, that and dailies.

#56 GLopez

GLopez
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Unholy 0/1/2/2/0/2

Posted 10 May 2011 - 05:10 PM

Kind of. There used to be a bunch more tedious grinds, like farming, and some world PVP.

Either way, the game doesn't have enough varied content to stay interesting for many people, especially since the game is now nearly seven years old.

Edited by GLopez, 13 May 2011 - 06:17 PM.

#57 bxc

bxc
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Stormreaver
  • Rampage

Posted 10 May 2011 - 05:22 PM

WoW also lost its sense of community with TBC. That is key since a lot of people who still play do so to play with their friends. The lack of community makes WoW feel like a shell of a game with some fun aspects but ultimately not enough to be what it once was.

Now everyone on my server is just some random dickhole. Much different from Vanilla.

#58 Ariyia

Ariyia
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Restoration 2/0/2/1/2/0
  • RBG: 960

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:21 PM

I think the community didn't get worse over the years, i think we all played the game for too long.
There is nothing new or special about a new season.
When I remember back in tbc I was like OH MY GAWD NEW SEASON MATES LET'S DO THIS, now it's more like nvm.
Another big reason for me that wow is so boring(beside from arena), is that everything is so casual. Even the most fucked up player's can get full epic gear and therefore flame there asses off like there is no tomorrow.
So the community didn't get worse, the game itself made the community getting ass holes becasue everybody thinks they are pro.

#59 bxc

bxc
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Stormreaver
  • Rampage

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:45 PM

View PostAriyia, on 10 May 2011 - 07:21 PM, said:

I think the community didn't get worse over the years, i think we all played the game for too long.
There is nothing new or special about a new season.
When I remember back in tbc I was like OH MY GAWD NEW SEASON MATES LET'S DO THIS, now it's more like nvm.
Another big reason for me that wow is so boring(beside from arena), is that everything is so casual. Even the most fucked up player's can get full epic gear and therefore flame there asses off like there is no tomorrow.
So the community didn't get worse, the game itself made the community getting ass holes becasue everybody thinks they are pro.

i think we're talking about different things. people knew each other in vanilla and that's much less the case now. i.e., if you did a bg against a rival guild that was some serious shit. i miss having rivals to camp, fuck up guilds raiding world bosses, wipe fools when summoning for raid, etc.

i will agree that everyone having epics is stupid. back at 60, i could snap nerd necks 4 at a time on my priest because i was a baller. now it's hard to do anything beyond 1v2 because every idiot is inherently capable of keyboard turning themselves to some level of success. i dueled a keyboard turning fire mage on my rogue and almost threw my computer out the window. a good player should be able to mow down scrubs no problem

#60 Voksen

Voksen
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:46 PM

I bet Blizzard has lost more than 600k.  Of course its in their interest to come clean and go public with such figures for their stakeholders (=/= shareholders btw).  Like any business however, there are umpteen ways to fudge the reports, utilize technicalities, and just outright spin the number down to something much more 'manageable'.  

Negative momentum is detrimental in polictics, polls, FOTMs and of course in business.  When you have a small exodus on your hands, its best to downlplay it as much as possible.

Some more likely estimates put the number closer to 900k.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<