Baulterexlol
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Restoration
  • RBG: 2297

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:15 PM

Hey guys. Was just wanting to throw out some ideas and my opinion on some of the current game mechanics. Was wondering what you guys thought as well. By instant CC, I mean the unavoidable but yet so punishing cc that some classes put out. The one I hate the most is definitely deep --> ring. It's near impossible to not get off and it IS impossible for a healer to avoid him or herself. After ring, other casters with instant CC, such as warlocks or priest have an outrageously easy time following up after. I agree with instant cc with position requirements such as howl or psychic scream simply because these abilities are harder to get off and are essential to survivability tactics. Other instant CC that I don't feel belongs in the game are abilities such as instant cyclone by feral druids and instant hex by enhancement shamans. I would say something about traps but they are very hard to land vs non downer teams and hunters, unlike mages, don't have a spammable CC.

Edit - the deep ring nerf is heading in the right direction!! Now to fix the other ones. .

DISCUSS

Edited by Baulterexlol, 09 May 2011 - 06:16 PM.

#2 Stolsben

Stolsben
  • Junkies
  • Unknown Raceclass_name
  • EU-Terenas
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/1/0/2

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:31 PM

Spam threads all day every day, receive e-fame.

#3 Shadowtwist

Shadowtwist
  • LocationRiyadh, Saudi Arabia

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:31 PM

How can you miss HC?

Son, I am disappointed

Edited by Shadowtwist, 09 May 2011 - 06:32 PM.

Posted Image

#4 kodah

kodah
  • Cruizelol
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Medivh
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:47 PM

View PostBaulterexlol, on 09 May 2011 - 06:15 PM, said:

Hey guys. Was just wanting to throw out some ideas and my opinion on some of the current game mechanics. Was wondering what you guys thought as well. By instant CC, I mean the unavoidable but yet so punishing cc that some classes put out. The one I hate the most is definitely deep --> ring. It's near impossible to not get off and it IS impossible for a healer to avoid him or herself. After ring, other casters with instant CC, such as warlocks or priest have an outrageously easy time following up after. I agree with instant cc with position requirements such as howl or psychic scream simply because these abilities are harder to get off and are essential to survivability tactics. Other instant CC that I don't feel belongs in the game are abilities such as instant cyclone by feral druids and instant hex by enhancement shamans. I would say something about traps but they are very hard to land vs non downer teams and hunters, unlike mages, don't have a spammable CC.

Edit - the deep ring nerf is heading in the right direction!! Now to fix the other ones. .

DISCUSS

I'll agree with all of that.

Especially ferals. That shit is stupid. Between roots/clone/stuns, that shit is out of control.

My only defense on Enh is that ours has a 45 (35 glyphed) sec CD, and is dispellable by more than one other DPS class.

besides that, good post.
doo doo

#5 L0Liver

L0Liver
  • Cát
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Feral Combat

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:01 PM

sry to say this, but complaining about ferals instant cyclones is plain retarded. I would gladly remove instant cyclone if I could cyclone in catform.
LOLiver / Cát / Odikqah / Unknòwn / Bábe

http://warcraftmovie...p?t=3&l=Loliver for my WCM account.

http://l0liver.blogspot.com/ for my blog.

- God did never create man, man created god // Oliver Norberg

My Youtube Channel

#6 pointbreak

pointbreak
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/0

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:04 PM

if I could shapeshift roots again, you can take away my instant clone
feral droid

#7 Numbtoes

Numbtoes
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Feral

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:32 PM

I think instant hex and instant clone are fine, if you were going to take thos away feral druids and enhance shamans would need some sort of compensation.

Im probably biased but instant clone is avoidable if you have a dispeller on your team. Its a 20 yard range and spam shifting to get out of desecretion/ crippling poison should make it pretty obvious when it is going to happen.

Edited by Numbtoes, 09 May 2011 - 07:34 PM.

#8 skunks

skunks
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 2283

Posted 09 May 2011 - 08:03 PM

View PostL0Liver, on 09 May 2011 - 07:01 PM, said:

sry to say this, but complaining about ferals instant cyclones is plain retarded. I would gladly remove instant cyclone if I could cyclone in catform.

Please elaborate and explain the difference between instant cyclones and any other instant cc's.  Aside from the fact that you're the only melee with a spamable cc not including your instant clones, every other melee has a cooldown on their cc, and you got roots, oh and let's not forget you have the only spamable cc in the game that can't be dispelled.  Arguably one of the best offensive and defensive cc's in the game.

#9 heyimqq

heyimqq
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 09 May 2011 - 08:15 PM

deep --> ring is getting nerfed in 4.2 if im not mistaken

weird how the attention of this thread is on something GETTING changed???

Edited by heyimqq, 09 May 2011 - 08:16 PM.

Posted Image

rip

#10 Sikz

Sikz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:23 PM

JONATHAN

#11 demonfear

demonfear
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Ner'zhul
  • Bloodlust

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:09 PM

instant melee cc is okay because melee's don't have much cc and most of it requires melee range so they can only use it on their target or a nearby target. If melee's didn't have any type of cc, they wouldn't have synergy with casters (no/less peels) and would have even more dmg as compensation which would buff double melee comps that would have to do unhealable dmg to even be viable.

Ranged instant cc is NOT okay if you have spammable cc (mages have combined cc of lock and hunter with the most roots in game, altho not as much dispel protection as locks but still ridic). Spriests can have instant ranged cc because it's on fairly large cd's and they don't have much other cc compared to other casters. Nerfing ranged instant cc nerfs the viability of wizard cleaves while improving the viability of melee/caster/healer because melee can peel while caster does casted cc and better dmg (as compensation for less instant cc)
Spoiler

#12 betoseus

betoseus
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • RBG: 2317

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:34 PM

Well... Feral's cyclone is kindof avoidable. You can dispel predatory swiftness or just stay far away from the feral.

Enhancement's is not really avoiable but you can remove it easily...

Those abilities are quite annoying but I don't think they need to be nerfed.

Frost mages control, on the other hand, rape healers so much that rshamans are now "OP" (because they can handle frost mages better than other healers) and hpaladins (because they will be sittin in a deep freeze, rof, sheep, 99% of the game) are almost extinct.

Think about it... Frost mages make any comp viable...

#13 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:09 PM

View PostNumbtoes, on 09 May 2011 - 07:32 PM, said:

Im probably biased but instant clone is avoidable if you have a dispeller on your team. Its a 20 yard range and spam shifting to get out of desecretion/ crippling poison should make it pretty obvious when it is going to happen.
im probably biased but deep freeze ring is avoidable if u have a person on ur team with a stun/silence/incapacitate, the mage deep freezing ur healer should make it pretty obvious when the ring of frost is about to happen

View PostPouncedd, on 12 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

View PostJontex, on 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#14 Kelarm

Kelarm
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2922

Posted 10 May 2011 - 12:11 AM

I'm probably biased but...oh wait.
Posted Image

Official Blizzard Quote:

Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
Finally, I understand why pvp in this game is so bad.

#15 Baulterexlol

Baulterexlol
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • RBG: 2297

Posted 10 May 2011 - 02:10 AM

View PostStolsben, on 09 May 2011 - 06:31 PM, said:

Spam threads all day every day, receive e-fame.

23 posts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<