• Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Proudmoore
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents:

Posted 12 May 2008 - 12:00 AM

Disparity said:

deep depth explaination why certain states cant play like mine

Or certain EU countries...would be neat to create a list with accepted countries before the tournament starts too. Adding countries days after the practice season has already started seems kinda...unprofessional. Same goes for being able to inscribe and pay for the tournament while your account details display an adress that doesn't allow it to participate.

Edited by Akkin, 12 May 2008 - 12:02 AM.

Krr 60 Troll Rogue EU Frostwolf / Chinesepharm 60 Gnome Mage EU Krag'jin
Akkin 70 Orc Shaman EU Proudmoore: Season 1 & 2 Gladiator in 2v2 as Enhancement Shaman
Kongju 70 Undead Warlock EU Proudmoore

#42 Virsath

Virsath
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Dunemaul
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 12 May 2008 - 08:06 AM

Woofles said:

Or instead of making silly limitations for gear they could remove stamina from PvE gear, balancing encounters around dpsers and healers not having that much health and more of other stats to compensate. This will make PvP gear useless in PvE as the large amount of the item budget spent on stamina is wasted, and will really make people in PvP wearing PvE gear much more squishy.

I think this would become problematic with pom/pyro mages and eleshamans, particularly in 2s, where they could instagib one person then LoS while their partner fought.  Or, if they died, so long as they dropped someone, they could just team up with a good 1v1 class and just let their partner go to town.  

I've considered ideas like this, but it just doesn't seem practical.  Hell, look at T6 shstep rogues.  Imagine that, but several times stronger, with a 41 yard range, and ice block.

#43 Thoranous

Thoranous
  • Junkies

Posted 12 May 2008 - 02:40 PM

Virsath said:

I think this would become problematic with pom/pyro mages and eleshamans, particularly in 2s, where they could instagib one person then LoS while their partner fought.  Or, if they died, so long as they dropped someone, they could just team up with a good 1v1 class and just let their partner go to town.  

I've considered ideas like this, but it just doesn't seem practical.  Hell, look at T6 shstep rogues.  Imagine that, but several times stronger, with a 41 yard range, and ice block.

Wait what?  Are you comparing a Mage in T6 to a rogue in T6?

#44 Thoranous

Thoranous
  • Junkies

Posted 12 May 2008 - 02:51 PM

One more point about the TR.  I know I stated before PvE gear has to go.  Really the only reason I say that is Rogues.  Cheat death is way too strong with PvE gear.  The amount of escapes/cooldowns rogues have are insane.  Rogues are the ultimate PvP class.  Rogues have no real reason to fear either.  They are allowed to get away with wearing gear that increases their damage two-fold while suffering no consequences.  Outlasting a rogue in PvE gear is damn near impossible especially when they are able to stay on whatever target they want long enough to kill them every time.

I did a poll amongst this forum, wow forums, and a couple other popular WoW websites and found out most rogues feel their class has no real hard counter to it.  In fact it's the only class that can say that.  Rogues are either the pinnacle of balance or overpowered, depending on who you are.  Devs, you have to find out a way to balance the power of other classes.  Inconsistencies with some classes make them unable to compete on the highest level with the same ease as others.  That's my biggest concern honestly.  Game balance is still horrid.

#45 faction

faction
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 12 May 2008 - 03:10 PM

I made a living in the practice phase farming rmp mirrors by gibbing 90 resil rogues.  I do nothing but attacks rogues first in 3v3 on live.

It's really not half as bad as you claim.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<