• This topic is locked This topic is locked
44 replies to this topic

#1 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 06 May 2008 - 04:57 PM

Thread Summary:

1) Suggestion: Do not apply the 150 rating team change penalty if the team does not have any games played. This will allow you to get a new team started and add all six players to the lineup.

2) The general consensus is that there does not need to be a rating restriction to play on the TR.

3) There are some missing items/enchants that should probably be hotfixed in for the second qualification round if possible (15 agil to gloves, 24 AP to bracers, Honor Heal/Resil Trinket, Stormherald, etc.).

4) PvE gear: Opinions are mixed, but it seems like a majority of people feel like PvE gear should be limited or removed. The problem it is causing is that some classes get a much larger benefit from having access to it than other classes. Even though everyone has access to the same gear, it still changes the playing field in a way that doesn't promote competition but adds another element of randomness. There was a good thread about it here as well: http://forums.worldo...214121514&sid=1

5) The armory tends to get bugged after the reset. It would be nice if it could be wiped clean between session so you have an accurate picture of where you stand. Also, anything that showed the information real-time and in game would be great.

6) Perception has a very large outcome in a lot of match ups. This could be because of the large amount of rogues and druids. There were no real suggestions on what do to about other than just consider what a large impact it seems to be having on game play.

Edited by Tyveris, 16 May 2008 - 07:22 PM.
Summary

#2 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 06 May 2008 - 04:58 PM

1) Do not apply the 150 rating team change penalty if the team does not have any games played. This will allow you to get a new team started and add all six players to the lineup. (Suggested by Pigvomit)

2) The use of PvE gear should be reevaluated. It tends to have a great benefit for some classes and not at all for others. Considering it is a PvP tournament, I personally would like to see all PvE gear gone. If any class requires PvE gear, that is a balancing issue that should be addressed outside of gear.

#3 Grombringal

Grombringal
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 06 May 2008 - 06:31 PM

¤We've been facing issues with arenas being bugged (can't get out without /afk), never happenend on live so I guess it's a TR bug.

¤Remove the character number limitation.

¤Some enchants/items are missing, they could have hotfixed that but they didn't, quite stupid.

Feel free to comment, don't know if it's okay.

#4 Guntt

Guntt
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 06 May 2008 - 07:33 PM

Tyveris said:

2) The use of PvE gear should be reevaluated. It tends to have a great benefit for some classes and not at all for others. Considering it is a PvP tournament, I personally would like to see all PvE gear gone. If any class requires PvE gear, that is a balancing issue that should be addressed outside of gear.

have to agree with this, and again it's falling on pallies and rogues getting more out of it than any other classes.

broken mechanics allowing low-resil, high dps to never worry about being focused [early game, anyways] is devastating.

#5 Axx

Axx
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 06 May 2008 - 09:18 PM

Character Restrictions. I don't play on the TournRealm but as far as I'm aware there aren't any? To be charged to play against any 1500 bracket competition is silly. A 2000 PR requirement seems fair to me.:cool:

This the best damn country in the world. Ain't nothin like it! We got freedom, and independence, and oil, and change. Hell, you can get an oil change for $20. What kind of deal is that? That's a hell of a deal!"

- boogie2988

#6 Limewire

Limewire
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 06 May 2008 - 09:27 PM

Axx said:

Character Restrictions. I don't play on the TournRealm but as far as I'm aware there aren't any? To be charged to play against any 1500 bracket competition is silly. A 2000 PR requirement seems fair to me.:cool:

If Blizzard did that they would probably lose like 70% of players.

#7 Axx

Axx
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 06 May 2008 - 09:31 PM

Limewire said:

If Blizzard did that they would probably lose like 70% of players.

Why? You're not required to play on the Tourny realm and it shouldn't be for everyone.

This the best damn country in the world. Ain't nothin like it! We got freedom, and independence, and oil, and change. Hell, you can get an oil change for $20. What kind of deal is that? That's a hell of a deal!"

- boogie2988

#8 Confide

Confide

Posted 06 May 2008 - 10:19 PM

Businesses tend to aim towards making money, not stroking peoples epeens

#9 KennyEU

KennyEU
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Marksmanship
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 06 May 2008 - 10:23 PM

Axx said:

Why? You're not required to play on the Tourny realm and it shouldn't be for everyone.

Wow, it definately should be for everyone.. there's no reason at all there should be people excluded from this.. it's not like you get any hinder by these people.

Other than that, they obviously won't win, and just add to the prize pot.. surely this can only be good?

#10 Kadrix

Kadrix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/1/1/.

Posted 06 May 2008 - 11:44 PM

Back on topic please.

I second the need for the missing enchants to be hotfixed in if possible. PvE gear I won't argue about, since I wear a lot of it on tr.

#11 Axx

Axx
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 07 May 2008 - 12:02 AM

KennyEU said:

Wow, it definately should be for everyone.. there's no reason at all there should be people excluded from this.. it's not like you get any hinder by these people.

Other than that, they obviously won't win, and just add to the prize pot.. surely this can only be good?

I took the Tourny realm as a competition realm, not something a level 51 survival hunter could compete in. There should be more than a 10$ fee. I would hate to pay that and play ANY scrub teams.

- boogie2988

#12 Ely

Ely
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike

Posted 07 May 2008 - 12:49 AM

Axx said:

I took the Tourny realm as a competition realm, not something a level 51 survival hunter could compete in. There should be more than a 10$ fee. I would hate to pay that and play ANY scrub teams.

by the way those scrubs are funding the prizes

Edited by Ely, 07 May 2008 - 01:48 AM.

#13 Mariko

Mariko
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Perenolde
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 07 May 2008 - 01:08 AM

PVE gear FTL.  Easy solution:

Don't allow people in instances with PVP gear equipped
Don't allow people to que or enter arena's with PVE gear equipped

once inside, gear cannot be changed.

#14 Axx

Axx
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 07 May 2008 - 01:16 AM

Ely said:

by the way those scrubs are funding the prizes

I didn't realize signees were funding the prize pool.(Not being a smartass, i just didn't)

A tournament is a competition. <- my last statement.

This is a feedback thread I'm just throwing out my ideas, no reason  to be calling names or pointing fingers ;)

- boogie2988

#15 Magus

Magus
  • Junkies

Posted 07 May 2008 - 01:27 AM

should be open to all countries imo cus my 2 partners live in Jordan and some place called faroe islands so they couldnt participate :(

#16 Ely

Ely
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike

Posted 07 May 2008 - 01:54 AM

Axx said:

I didn't realize signees were funding the prize pool.(Not being a smartass, i just didn't)

This is a feedback thread I'm just throwing out my ideas, no reason  to be calling names or pointing fingers ;)

apologies, edited my post then <3

i agree with this being a competition, but i think a tournament should be open no matter who wants to compete. closed/limited competitions are a dumb concept (hi sponsored teams at dreamhack being TERRIBLE), and there should always be a qualifier or reasonably acceptable way to compete in a tournament.

#17 Saracens

Saracens
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Enhancement 1/2/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1822
  • 3v3: 768
  • 5v5: 2079

Posted 07 May 2008 - 06:01 AM

Magus said:

should be open to all countries imo cus my 2 partners live in Jordan and some place called faroe islands so they couldnt participate :(

They most likely cannot compete not due to blizzard not wanting them to.  There are laws in certain countries prohibiting glambing or prize giveaways (yes this tournament counts as gambling in most places).  I am sure blizzard would love to have more people compete if they could.

#18 Toez

Toez
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Elemental 2/0/2/1/0/2

Posted 07 May 2008 - 08:09 AM

Missing enchants hotfixed and removal or at least drastic limitation of PvE gear.

#19 Jumpingjack

Jumpingjack
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 07 May 2008 - 08:33 AM

Axx said:

And they ARENT trying to compete????

#20 Mionee

Mionee
  • Moderators
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Illidan
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 07 May 2008 - 09:57 AM

I don't think PvE gear should be entirely removed as certain parts are just required (playing ele shammy = totem +55/85spelldamage), as well as trinkets (pvp trinkets suxx)

I just think certain items should be removed, or only PvE gear 1 tier below the PvP gear should be accessible in arenas.

S2 + T4 gear
S3 + T5
S4 + T6 (except azzinoth and sunwell T6)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<