#41 Aeriss

Aeriss
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Agamaggan
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 07 May 2008 - 07:13 PM

whats 150 resilience going to do? Reduce the crit of a Warrior from 30 to 26%? Wait they will 2 shot it then!
d=(^__^)z

#42 Fest

Fest
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Doomhammer
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 07 May 2008 - 07:17 PM

Some people use less than 300 resilience in high end arena. I don't see why an ability should have more resilience than those people.

#43 Militant

Militant

Posted 07 May 2008 - 07:35 PM

KILLING A PET SHOULD NEVER EVER BE A VIABLE STRAT FOR BEATING A TEAM!!!

Pets should have SO MUCH survivability that a team NEVER EVER can kill your pet to win a game....

PvP = PLAYER VS. PLAYER

NOT PLAYER VS. PET

i think healers shouldnt be targeted and only warriors should be targetted because they are big and strong and it is the right thing to do
Posted Image

#44 Lmkt

Lmkt
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents:

Posted 07 May 2008 - 08:04 PM

Some people use less than 300 resilience in high end arena. I don't see why an ability should have more resilience than those people.

Ok moron, then give my pet 50 resi but 2500 AP plz.

#45 Alethasis

Alethasis
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 07 May 2008 - 08:16 PM

A pet shouldn't have it's damage mitigation based off of other classes (plate wearing classes?). It should have it's mitigation based off of it's master.

I also think people are making too big of a deal out of 300 resilience. 150 resilience is a joke. Taking into account a Felhunter's armor and HP, it needs all of my resilience. And even if it had 493 resilience, it would still be our biggest weakness. Resilience is necessary in pvp to reduce burst. It isn't invincibility. It's only effect is DoTs and Crits. It has nothing to do with normal hits. Giving my pet 100% of my resilience isn't going to make it godly. Just a weaker version of me.

I do think if it gets resilience it should lose a lot of it's spell resistances. Like a few people have mentioned, warlocks are pretty much the anti-caster class.

I think there is a slightly larger problem we are touching on too. Besides the obvious "everyone is improving, why aren't pets". I think that melee is taking over arena. You notice warlocks are the only caster class in 2v2 (with some exceptions, mainly rogue/mage). And the reason is Life Tap. If it wasn't for life tap, they'd be stuck with only Rogue/Lock also, just like mages. Melee have the wonderful ability to generate their own Ability Currency I'll call it, for lack of a better term. Making them everlasting in the sense of longevity.

Life Tap allows warlocks to compete in this field.

But in general, melee is what the future holds, at least for 2v2. Mages and Ele Shamans have 5v5 (and mages 3v3) to be thankful for. They have enough longevity to make a kill in 3s and 5s. But they can't keep up in the outlast game. And that's a huge thing melee has going for them.

Not trying to "open another can of worms" but it's definitely something else I've noticed happening.

#46 Fierss

Fierss
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 07 May 2008 - 08:34 PM

The reason I am worried about pet scaling is that hunter pets (besides actually doing some damage, while at the same time providing great utility via scorpid poison) are not nearly as easily killed as our felhunters.

They might do more damage and have more survivability than your fel pup, but they can't spell lock.

Void walkers aren't really significantly easier to kill in s3 than they were in s2. 500 armor pen vs a void is like putting 1 sunder on a warrior. Sure, it'll increase your damage, but by like 2%.

Fel pups are quite easy to kill as melee. Voids are almost impossible. It's like trying to burst down a shaman.

#47 Aeriss

Aeriss
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Agamaggan
  • Shadowburn

Posted 07 May 2008 - 08:37 PM

I think the problem relies in the lack of being able to do anything when getting focused (as a mage/warlock/ele shammy/shadowpriest) while Melee can still do whatever they want while they get heals.
d=(^__^)z

#48 Aeriss

Aeriss
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Agamaggan
  • Shadowburn

Posted 07 May 2008 - 08:40 PM

The problem also relies on having to be SL to play effectively as a Warlock, wich means we have to keep our pet alive, wich means we can't play with a Felhunter because it dies too fast wich means we have to play with a Void and we lose like half of our abilities.

If I was UA (if it was viable) and I lost my pet It wouldn't be so important to keep my pet alive

So if they made us all be SL/SL then they have to improve pets.

I hate this effing melee game
d=(^__^)z

#49 mossles

mossles
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Dragonmaw
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 07 May 2008 - 08:55 PM

KILLING A PET SHOULD NEVER EVER BE A VIABLE STRAT FOR BEATING A TEAM!!!

Pets should have SO MUCH survivability that a team NEVER EVER can kill your pet to win a game....

PvP = PLAYER VS. PLAYER

NOT PLAYER VS. PET

Your an idiot Fairy, Pets being unkillable? Great idea idiot lets have succubus completely dominant every aspect of arena.

#50 Teddymonster

Teddymonster

Posted 07 May 2008 - 09:28 PM

Your an idiot Fairy, Pets being unkillable? Great idea idiot lets have succubus completely dominant every aspect of arena.

lol, that would be sick, fairy ftl. I'd rock this spec :cool: http://www.wowhead.c...bxcuIizzesZxxMz

#51 Ultimecia

Ultimecia
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sunstrider
  • Blackout
  • Talents:

Posted 07 May 2008 - 10:02 PM

Hate to troll my own thread, but wow the logic here is just amazing. Well voidwalkers are an ability, mages are players, why should voidwalkers have more armor than a player, better take 7000 armor from them. Oh wait.

And just to go a little off topic, personally I think it's idiotic that for some classes PvE gear > PvP gear for arenas. There is no PvP gear that would be preferable to tier 6 in a PvE situation afaik, I think it's highly unfair players gain an advantage over others in the arenas because they raid but hey this is being done to death in other threads so lets leave it out here.

About Fairy's post, I can't tell if he's being sarcastic or trying to be funny but I think enough people have commented on the flaw in it to leave it at that.

So far the general consensus seems to be that pets (specifically this has pretty much turned into a felhunter debate) need some kind of survivability buff. The idea about making health funnel function like mend pet is a good one, hadn't thought of that before but tbh I really do think they need to just scale better.

#52 Bio

Bio
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Stonemaul
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 07 May 2008 - 10:25 PM

Warlocks are morons... You have an insta summon pet, AND you can start your summon THE SECOND you notice somone is hitting your pet.

Sad sad noobs stfu. Go roll a mage or a shadow priest and see you good you really have it godam.
Priest Retired from lawlcraft.

#53 Aeriss

Aeriss
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Agamaggan
  • Shadowburn

Posted 07 May 2008 - 10:29 PM

You are a moron for saying that.

Felhunter dies so fast you barely get to liek 2 seconds of cast before its death. IT CANNOT BE HEALED IT DIES TO FAST AND THAT'S JUST WRONG.
d=(^__^)z

#54 Bio

Bio
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Stonemaul
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 07 May 2008 - 10:46 PM

You are a moron for saying that.

Felhunter dies so fast you barely get to liek 2 seconds of cast before its death. IT CANNOT BE HEALED IT DIES TO FAST AND THAT'S JUST WRONG.

Ur so bad its just funny.
Priest Retired from lawlcraft.

#55 Axin

Axin
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Eitrigg
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents:

Posted 07 May 2008 - 10:57 PM

Those aren't very constructive posts imo.

#56 Kcolraw

Kcolraw
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Deathwing
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Affliction
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 07 May 2008 - 11:36 PM

a lot of bads in here
need to settle down

pets are powerful yes
but some people don't get the main problem here
if you are playing arena you are playing sl/sl or felguard
let's look at our demo talents
what happens after we get our pets zerged down twice?

we effectively end up playing as 23/0/0 or 6/0/11

i think there is one other solution though to fix this problem, that doesn't involve buffing pets

buff the shit out of master summoner/fel domination
like this~

Fel Domination
Your next Imp, Voidwalker, Succubus, Felhunter, and Felguard Summon spell does not consume a soul shard, has its casting time reduced by 2 sec and its Mana cost reduced by 20%. 120 sec cooldown.

Master Summoner
Reduces the casting time of your Imp, Voidwalker, Succubus, Felhunter, and Felguard summoning spells by 4/8 sec and the Mana cost by 40%/80%. Gives you a 35%/70% chance to resist interruption caused by damage while channeling a summoning spell.

so
a free instant (INSTANT not even 0.5s cast) pet every 2 minutes
and even when fel dom cooling down, pets still cheaper, and 2s cast, so you can fake some pummels and make a new one

i dunno just an idea

#57 Alethasis

Alethasis
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 07 May 2008 - 11:43 PM

i like it

#58 Fest

Fest
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Doomhammer
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 08 May 2008 - 12:36 AM

Hate to troll my own thread, but wow the logic here is just amazing. Well voidwalkers are an ability, mages are players, why should voidwalkers have more armor than a player, better take 7000 armor from them. Oh wait.

Apples and oranges. Comparing a caster to a tank.

Kcolraw, that is a grand idea, really. A hell of a lot better than half the people in here suggesting pets should be next to unkillable.

#59 Kcolraw

Kcolraw
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Deathwing
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Affliction
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 08 May 2008 - 12:42 AM

yeah what do you think

you can still burst a pet down to skillfully (lol!) time that with a kill attempt on the lock

but you can't simply just ride on the warlock/pet, and gg the match once pet dies twice, WHICH IS WHAT THE PROBLEM IS RIGHT NOW, REASON WHY PEOPLE WANT PET SCALING

#60 Critickle

Critickle
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents:

Posted 08 May 2008 - 12:56 AM

that's a really good idea actually.

The main problem atm is once your pet dies twice, the match is essentially over.

2 sec summon is a lil fast though, I mean you could probably get one off by the time they get back on you from wherever your pet was, so it's like it never died. a bit much imo. would pretty much destroy the concept of getting on pets to begin with.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<