Photo

Ring of Frost now has a 1.5-second cast time.

• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

#201 Raikufail

Raikufail
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Fire 1/2/0/1/1/.

Posted 20 May 2011 - 02:54 PM

Good change, allows good teams to interrupt it and bad ones to still get ringed. Having to juke with the cast brings more skill to the game

I think it's the other way around. Any good team will still be trying to stop the deep ring with a CS /garrote spell lock or charge.

#202 Misted

Misted
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Frost
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 22 May 2011 - 12:33 PM

While I agree ROF in its current state is in FEW ways broken..

Mages aren't rewarded enough for casting. Our frostbolt damage sucks compared to ice lance and nova spam, we're bottlenecked crit stacking or we lose out on damage, any team that doesn't 'train the mage' and calls out when they're cc'd for an interrupt on the incoming deep/ring is seriously terrible. It IS preventable, just like grip/hungering ISNT (yes I went there).

I agree RoF needs a change but THIS IS NOT IT!! it would be nice to see rof/df have a pom/arcane power (can't use one while the other is active) type mechanic, or make them DR eachother (easy fix) making DF (5seconds) and RoF (3 seconds) being the SAME DURATION AS A POLYMORPH/FEAR/BLIND (8 seconds)

Too many interrupts in this game, if you are a healer and you're not spamming dispel/humping pillars you're doing it wrong, training the mage shuts down THE MAJORITY of his damage.. What team CANT train the mage and gg collect points as its basically 2v3? I.E. KFC, TSG, Kittycleave, RLS, ANY DK TEAM (lol ams/strang/grip/chains/desecration) AND SHAMAN TEAM (lol grounding/6sec sheer, juked? kk team mate interrupts, juked again? kk sheer back up lulzisogood)..

Too many immunities in this game, needs to be reworked as well as the interrupts..

On a serious note, WELCOME TO WORLD OF MELEECRAFT! Your hosts are DKs,warriors,rogues and hunters! Have a nice time casting while taking retarded [insert insane crits you have as a warrior/dk/rogue/hunter here] against a wet paper bag.. Sweet.. We nova'd you.. If your healer can't dispel you, find a new healer.. What sheeps? 1.7 second cast that I juked just to get LoS'd by the COMPITENT healer that knows what the predictable class is going to do next?
simonfra1234, on 17 August 2011 - 08:52 AM, said:
at least i didnt name it to something retarded like african niggerbigcock stay smashed cleave

#203 Oliaxz

Oliaxz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 22 May 2011 - 03:00 PM

One has to wonder why did they nerf the hell out of CC like sheep/fear, but left classes like hunter/feral druid/dk with such ridiculous instant and unavoidable CCs. Ive been trying to enjoy my mage in cata, but it just doesnt have the fluid gameplay and the "it feels right" factor that it had in wotlk. Now mages are stuck spamming icelance and novas because its just more efficient than trying to outplay people, juking interrupts and landing slow ass sheeps with LoS. Which is pretty much the only skillful thing left to do in wow.

Personnaly, i really really hated doing DF/RoF. Its so redidiculous that our "scatter/trap" is on a 2mins CD and that DF is more like a blanket CS than a tool to DPS (i say blanket CS because casting sheeps on a target sitting in DF isnt always possible with all the interrupts).

And now theyre nerfing RoF AND spell steal without touching anything else... like holy shit blizz, can u be anymore retarded? just wth is going on...

Wizard cleave like MLD will be our last hope, but it wont really get better than its current state.

Edited by Oliaxz, 22 May 2011 - 03:23 PM.

#204 Misted

Misted
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 22 May 2011 - 04:54 PM

^ Absolutely agreed. People who don't play a mage at a high caliber rating don't understand what it's like to play a mage, they just see the instant spells being cast.. Want to know why we ONLY cast instant spells? Because there are too many ways to avoid/interrupt, it's ridiculous that our class is pretty much getting shut down after this. Won't change the fact that we'll still stack crit, ice lance spam, and spam snares as usual with the current condition of the changes to us.

This won't fix anything besides the thing people bitch about most on WoW, and it makes no sense to put it with 1.5second cast timer, adding DR to it makes it MUCH more efficient. Eliminates df->ring while still giving us those abilities to use in clever ways other than deep->ring.

Spellsteal spam is the only way we grab freedoms and get away, every other class has a gap closer pretty much. THIS IS A NEEDED CHANGE IN SPELLSTEALS CURRENT STATE.. However -- I feel adding an 'arcane blast' similar effect to it stacking mana cost per charge used will greatly work as well if they add a hefty % to it. That solves the 'unlimited mage mana pool' people don't like, as well as keeping the class relatively compitent for arenas.

Blizzard, why are you doing these things when there are better more efficient ways to work with? My theory: ignorance and lack of heart.. They don't care, they just see the immense amount of bitching about our class as a whole and think to attack our spells without even giving it a second thought. Only until someone on the inside realizes this is not going to be an effective change, rather a devastating one; will it get looked over.

I pray for the sake of mages everywhere and the Mage class as a whole that someone will realize this and make the needed changes.
at least i didnt name it to something retarded like african niggerbigcock stay smashed cleave

#205 cyrfer

cyrfer
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Arms
  • RBG: 576

Posted 22 May 2011 - 10:21 PM

Spellsteal spam is the only way we grab freedoms and get away, every other class has a gap closer pretty much. THIS IS A NEEDED CHANGE IN SPELLSTEALS CURRENT STATE

so you as a mage feel that you don´t not have enough escape mechanics?

I have never trolled in my life.

#206 Misted

Misted
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 23 May 2011 - 11:57 AM

Mages have many escape mechanics, however any GOOD players know how to stick a mage and shut him down. I.E. (as a warrior with a compitent healer dispelling promptly after snares in 3s) Charge (blink) leap to throwdown cds + bladestorm is either forcing a block, or forcing a defensive trinket to put up shields (which absorb only 1 crit and a white hit ~30k dmg). That's just a warrior mind you.

Rogues timing cloak with sdance for uninterrupted (by me) damage with a smoke, forces me to blink out (after garrote); which he'll shadowstep/kidney in which I must blow even more cooldowns.

Deathknights using AMS with strang/grip (no blink) into dark sirilanctum to either catch a snare/blink (or ice lance if I'm not pressured too heavily and have the time/global). Not to mention desecration covering the whole field (healer dispels few snares he WILL catch me)

These are just FEW situations in which escaping as a mage is incredibly difficult, all the while we are doing NO damage and asking for heavy peels (being the wet paper bag we are). If we use frost armor and get the proper mitigation to make survivability (15% less physical damage taken) increased, our mana pool runs out rather fast because of us using Mana Shield (10k damage absorb which is nothing). Granted this is if people play correctly, however who is 2700 mmr and NOT playing correctly?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<