• US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 02 May 2011 - 04:53 PM

View PostTwocat, on 02 May 2011 - 04:50 PM, said:

that would be a net buff for enhancement, let's do it

:lol:

I almost used Enh as my example, tough call.

#22 Alysana

Alysana
  • Junkies

Posted 02 May 2011 - 04:59 PM

View PostBaulterexlol, on 02 May 2011 - 04:32 PM, said:

Hahahahahaha. Shamans might be killable but their teammates aren't. Besides, druids and priests die faster than shamans to any team. Trust me, I play all 3. Screw talking about pallies. They're terrible.

So because you play all 3 healers at 1.5k rating, your opinion is clearly superior to anyone else and you know full well what you're talking about, right? Well guess what, the rest of the world meet teams with the different healers, so we can base our own biased opinions. My team is at 2.7k and I can tell you that shaman healers are by far the easiest healer to switch and kill for us.

Edited by Alysana, 02 May 2011 - 05:00 PM.

#23 Natusia of eHEROES

Natusia of eHEROES
  • Natusia
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 02 May 2011 - 04:59 PM

all im saying is, you need an op healer to deal with the amount of cc that is in the game at the moment
e.g. mld

end of convo as far as im concerned

#24 Kushhx

Kushhx
  • Stayfresh
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Elemental
  • LocationWEST LONDON

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:00 PM

Official Blizzard Quote:

Hey guys, Greg "Ghostcrawler" Street here, our guys at the development team have been taking a close look at PvP balance and known issues at the moment (such as Frost Death Knight burst and Restoration Shaman healing output) and we were prepared to tone these classes to a point were they'd be a "fair" level.

However we just received a report from Ensidia that their Restoration Shamans are doing on average 15% less healing compared to Druids and Paladins, so we're going to have increase healing output by Restoration Shamans to make them a more competitive healer in PVE so players playing the Shaman class are not left out and traded in for a stronger healer.

Better luck next patch.

Posted Image

Edited by Kushhx, 02 May 2011 - 05:00 PM.

#25 Redefined

Redefined
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Subtlety
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationMississauga, Ontario, Canada

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:01 PM

View PostGreeyo, on 02 May 2011 - 04:49 PM, said:

Well if you feel like this should we nerf all melee down to the current state of ret pallys, and consequently, all caster dps down to the current state of ele shamans.

It wouldn't be like that at all. You just tried to benchmark melee and casters around the worst of each respected class.

The equivalent of your comparison would be bringing Resto Shamans down to Holy Paladin levels while we believe (and stated) they should be closer to Disc Priests in terms of overall strength/weakness & effectiveness.

Nice try though.
------------------------------

Kzrs said:

I've never seen Redefined post anything dumb. +1

View PostXandyn, on 27 May 2012 - 02:39 PM, said:

best Rogue on US

#26 Cutcut

Cutcut
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow
  • RBG: 1942
  • LocationBærum, Norway

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:02 PM

Just go for the shaman lololol
Fixxo, Cutcutpewpew, Phasm, Mixz(i)FREELOADER

#27 Doodlebob

Doodlebob
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Balance 2/0/2/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1835
  • 3v3: 2258
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 384

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:12 PM

anecdotal and mathematical.
ʎɐqə ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎəʞ ɐ ʎnq ı əɯıʇ ʇsɐl əɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

#28 GLopez

GLopez
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Unholy 0/1/2/2/0/2

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:16 PM

I think priests are the "sweet spot" for healers. They can be killed, but it's not exactly easy to gib them. They have good healing output, but they don't keep everyone up through offensive cooldowns without doing anything special in return.

Nerf shamans, buff paladins and druids.

Edited by GLopez, 02 May 2011 - 05:33 PM.

#29 Baulterexlol

Baulterexlol
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • RBG: 2297

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:25 PM

View PostAlysana, on 02 May 2011 - 04:59 PM, said:

So because you play all 3 healers at 1.5k rating, your opinion is clearly superior to anyone else and you know full well what you're talking about, right? Well guess what, the rest of the world meet teams with the different healers, so we can base our own biased opinions. My team is at 2.7k and I can tell you that shaman healers are by far the easiest healer to switch and kill for us.

On arguably currently the best US BG 2800 w/ two comps during the second worse season for druids (this one) and 2700 on my priest this season with two comps (first as a priest) isn't 1500. Excuse me for team hopping having fun instead of sitting on a team for a pointless title that's super easy to get.  My shaman is new and poorly geared but it's sad when I can play a comp on my druid and get shit on then switch to my half bloodthirsty shaman and play the same team then shit on them.

#30 Typhoidgex

Typhoidgex
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Dentarg
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:32 PM

View Postclmelement, on 02 May 2011 - 05:12 PM, said:

anecdotal and mathematical.
Mostly anecdotal so far!

shaman need nerfing by 19%
priest needs nerfing by 2%
druid needs buffing by 5%
paladins need buffing by 21%

lets end this thread as I have supplied MATH

#31 Baulterexlol

Baulterexlol
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • RBG: 2297

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:34 PM

View PostTyphoidgex, on 02 May 2011 - 05:32 PM, said:

Mostly anecdotal so far!

shaman need nerfing by 19%
priest needs nerfing by 2%
druid needs buffing by 5%
paladins need buffing by 21%

lets end this thread as I have supplied MATH

+1 I laughed

#32 Greeyo

Greeyo
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:48 PM

View PostRedefined, on 02 May 2011 - 05:01 PM, said:

It wouldn't be like that at all. You just tried to benchmark melee and casters around the worst of each respected class.

The equivalent of your comparison would be bringing Resto Shamans down to Holy Paladin levels while we believe (and stated) they should be closer to Disc Priests in terms of overall strength/weakness & effectiveness.

Nice try though.

"Without pointing fingers and flaming, it seems to require a disproportionate amount of lockout and control on a resto shaman to score a kill in comparison to any other healer due to a perceived massive healing output advantage. Even then, when such lockout is executed well, resto shaman have the best "get out of jail free" cards to get back on track such as the new Spirit Link Totem on top of the venerable tremor, grounding, wind sheer, etc." -OP

Get rid of the disproportionate amount of lockout and control, massive damage compared to every other healers output, and every dps classes get out of jail free cards and we will be on the right track to a fun game.

#33 Novinetz

Novinetz
  • Stoleyourgf
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Laughing Skull
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:51 PM

earth shield last 15 seconds, problem solved

#34 snackbacon

snackbacon
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • RBG: 2437

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:52 PM

View PostAlysana, on 02 May 2011 - 04:59 PM, said:

My team is at 2.7k and I can tell you that shaman healers are by far the easiest healer to switch and kill for us.

What exactly makes it harder to swap to a resto druid? Is it the 3 globals it takes for them to put up blooms that tick for 1500? Or the rejuv that ticks for 3k every 3 seconds? Man that shit is so op nerf dat shit

Nah man its gotta be dat travel form. Oh wait shamans have a better travel form too.

• Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kargath
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:58 PM

is this kid going to keep opening threads about how shamans are the only reason he can't get past 2550?

Yes shaman healing is broken

outside of addressing direct heals OP-ness
ES should be changed to 4 charges or so, and cost reduced to compensate for having to refresh it all the time

#36 Elraen

Elraen
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Crushridge
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Unholy
  • RBG: 2028

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:59 PM

View PostAlysana, on 02 May 2011 - 04:14 PM, said:

Balance discussions are completely useless and shouldn't really belong to arenajunkies. Instead you should be discussing strategies and setups. People these days are too full of themselves and they always try to blame their loss on the opposite team having X class, being faceroll and easymode etc. instead of trying to figure out what they did wrong and how to beat the comp they faced.

Firstly, Blizzard don't read these forums - Pretty much every single change is caused by a well-thought out and reasonable post on the official forums, or proper feedback from top end players. Secondly, who are you to decide what's balanced and not? Certain classes might be extremely overpowered at your rating, but suddenly much worse at 3k.

It's extremely hard to keep every class and spec balanced at any given rating. Just look at Starcraft 2. Zerg is extremely bad in bronze league because it requires a whole lot more to be reasonable, but when you're at the level of Morrow or w/e, the race suddenly has a chance.

Believe it or not, but shamans really needed help in one way or another against gib teams, they were by far the easiest target to kill if you set up a proper switch. Kinda boggled about paladins, I guess they don't really know how to fix them without making any combination of double melee bum-rush-the-healer-teams way too strong.

That's actually not true.  GC admitted a while back that he does read AJ.  

Not only that, but we've seen a decent amount of player-suggested changed end up in the game.  We also know they have a hard on for listening to high-end PvE guilds when it comes to raid content, so it's to our benefit to, at the very least, discuss what we think achieves balance with the hopes we might get a attention of a dev.
-Aëon, the hunter formerly known as Elraen
-Formerly Sïn

"And rmp is fine it isn't even that amazing"

-Gladiator Mage

#37 Starcookie

Starcookie
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:05 PM

View PostGreeyo, on 02 May 2011 - 04:49 PM, said:

Well if you feel like this should we nerf all melee down to the current state of ret pallys, and consequently, all caster dps down to the current state of ele shamans.

No you dumbass - People want healers brought down to Disc Priest levels, which is a medium. Ret Paladin and Ele Shamans are the bottom of the pile.

Chirst how you got access is beyond me.

#38 Greeyo

Greeyo
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:11 PM

View PostStarcookie, on 02 May 2011 - 06:05 PM, said:

No you dumbass - People want healers brought down to Disc Priest levels, which is a medium. Ret Paladin and Ele Shamans are the bottom of the pile.

Chirst how you got access is beyond me.

I ran resto druid, elemental shaman, frost mage 4.06.

#39 Styfez

Styfez
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/1/0/2/1
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationBakersfield, CA

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:13 PM

:shaman: :shaman: :shaman:

#40 Hydroz

Hydroz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:19 PM

what you also have to look at is how those changes would affect PVE resto where unless there is loads of AOE damage we fall behind the other healers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<