• EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 2002
  • 3v3: 2636
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationSheffield, UK

Posted 30 April 2011 - 03:47 PM

I know theres a lot of topics about how druid healing sucks utter balls but does anyone actually go fml when facing DK's as a resto druid? It's getting almost to the S5 situation where druid vs dk is won with dk having his screen turned off. I mean when you go treeform and do swiftmend and 3 regrowths and it still doesn't take NS off because he managed to stack it up so high after strang it really kinda reminds me of s5.

Also try healing dot classes or even better dot setups like LSD2 as resto druid, it's borderline impossible.

FUCKING BUFF DRUID HEALING ALREADY

edit: also lol desecration, shamans can walk over it like it doesn't exist, druids have travel form that doesn't work against it.

Edited by Nisslol, 30 April 2011 - 03:54 PM.

Popped a molly, I'm sweating.

View PostRizzo, on 07 April 2011 - 04:00 AM, said:

World of Cantcastunlessitsinstantcraft:  CCataclysm

View PostAyrasaurus, on 18 May 2013 - 04:23 PM, said:

im an idiot

#2 AbeS

AbeS
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Arms
  • LocationSweden - Stockholm

Posted 30 April 2011 - 03:57 PM

agreed

View PostMomohxo, on 24 May 2011 - 05:25 PM, said:

then i suggest you shut your gob when you talk to gods m8
2.9K Frost TSG hpala, clearly a god.

#3 Starcookie

Starcookie
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 30 April 2011 - 03:58 PM

You've got nothing on Holy Paladins. Get in line.

#4 Nisslol

Nisslol
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationSheffield, UK

Posted 30 April 2011 - 04:01 PM

View PostStarcookie, on 30 April 2011 - 03:58 PM, said:

You've got nothing on Holy Paladins. Get in line.

The only difference in suckiness of druids and paladins is that druid can actually ns clone and potentially win the game, but they're both getting equally shit slowly.

im an idiot

#5 Vizeverza

Vizeverza

Posted 30 April 2011 - 04:05 PM

View PostNisslol, on 30 April 2011 - 04:01 PM, said:

The only difference in suckiness of druids and paladins is that druid can actually ns clone and potentially win the game, but they're both getting equally shit slowly.

erm

no, I have both an 85 Druid and of course Paladin, and I can say without a shadow of a doubt that healing through a DK on my Druid is significantlyeasier, just root them for 10 seconds and travel form away (Don't mention 7 second AMS, you can live that long) problem solved.

#6 Nisslol

Nisslol
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationSheffield, UK

Posted 30 April 2011 - 04:08 PM

View PostVizeverza, on 30 April 2011 - 04:05 PM, said:

erm

no, I have both an 85 Druid and of course Paladin, and I can say without a shadow of a doubt that healing through a DK on my Druid is significantlyeasier, just root them for 10 seconds and travel form away (Don't mention 7 second AMS, you can live that long) problem solved.

What do you mean don't mention AMS, you have to mention AMS, it nullifies nature's grasp completly. And if you want to hardcast then you have to fake, by the time you end up faking you got tons of Necrotic stacked, you finally manage to root, travel form away, get gripped in, ghoul stunned (okay brining unholy for this example even though everyone is frost nowdays), strang after etc. It's so fucking hard to recover from Necrotic as a druid. I'm not saying it's autoloss everytime, just like not every druid vs dk ended with druid losing in s5, but it's such an insanely uphill battle. They have to buff Regrowth by ~80% to put it in line with other flash heals.

Edited by Nisslol, 30 April 2011 - 04:12 PM.

im an idiot

#7 snackbacon

snackbacon
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2437

Posted 30 April 2011 - 04:26 PM

View PostVizeverza, on 30 April 2011 - 04:05 PM, said:

erm

This might be the stupidest thing I've read on aj. It's so easy to heal through NS and unhealable dmg from a dk with those 1500 lifebloom ticks. Healing stream totem ticks for higher.

And nature's grasp is a 1 min cd while ams is what? 45 seconds? And yeah, I'm gonna sit there and fake cast roots for 10 seconds while a dk is beating into my face with my 3 stacks of blooms rolling on me for 1500 a second. Sure resto druids are fine.

Edited by snackbacon, 30 April 2011 - 04:27 PM.

#8 Taunkaztorm

Taunkaztorm
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 30 April 2011 - 04:39 PM

Resto druids are OP compared to paladins, so stop whining.. really

View Postwisdomcube, on 15 September 2011 - 05:58 PM, said:

Priest are better healers than shaman but why would a lock play with a a class that shares the same cc dr? People are just too fucking stupid to realize this.

"NIckelback is good u know.."

#9 Shamanizer

Shamanizer
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 767

Posted 30 April 2011 - 05:06 PM

View PostTaunkaztorm, on 30 April 2011 - 04:39 PM, said:

Resto druids are OP compared to paladins, so stop whining.. really

go tsg some more, and come complain again.

you have no clue what your talking about, and IF you were to refer to your own paladin, that would be completely biased as you play the TSG the ZERGMUSTKILLSHAMAN style. or druid for that matter
Vhell at MLG 2010 at Sodah vs tremor totem:

"Tremor totem is a totem that will pulse and break fears. Right when you drop it, it will break fears too. What we saw was Sodah targeting the tremor totem right from the start, he has a macro that will target the tremor totem..."

???

#10 Taunkaztorm

Taunkaztorm
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 30 April 2011 - 05:10 PM

View PostShamanizer, on 30 April 2011 - 05:06 PM, said:

you have no clue what your talking about, and IF you were to refer to your own paladin, that would be completely biased as you play the TSG the ZERGMUSTKILLSHAMAN style. or druid for that matter
or priest :)

View Postwisdomcube, on 15 September 2011 - 05:58 PM, said:

Priest are better healers than shaman but why would a lock play with a a class that shares the same cc dr? People are just too fucking stupid to realize this.

"NIckelback is good u know.."

#11 Devasyo

Devasyo
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Onyxia
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 30 April 2011 - 05:22 PM

View PostNisslol, on 30 April 2011 - 04:08 PM, said:

What do you mean don't mention AMS, you have to mention AMS, it nullifies nature's grasp completly. And if you want to hardcast then you have to fake, by the time you end up faking you got tons of Necrotic stacked, you finally manage to root, travel form away, get gripped in, ghoul stunned (okay brining unholy for this example even though everyone is frost nowdays), strang after etc. It's so fucking hard to recover from Necrotic as a druid. I'm not saying it's autoloss everytime, just like not every druid vs dk ended with druid losing in s5, but it's such an insanely uphill battle. They have to buff Regrowth by ~80% to put it in line with other flash heals.

Hey try Priest vs. DK if you think it´s hard to survive a dk as a druid :)

#12 Vizeverza

Vizeverza

Posted 30 April 2011 - 05:51 PM

View Postsnackbacon, on 30 April 2011 - 04:26 PM, said:

This might be the stupidest thing I've read on aj. It's so easy to heal through NS and unhealable dmg from a dk with those 1500 lifebloom ticks. Healing stream totem ticks for higher.

And nature's grasp is a 1 min cd while ams is what? 45 seconds? And yeah, I'm gonna sit there and fake cast roots for 10 seconds while a dk is beating into my face with my 3 stacks of blooms rolling on me for 1500 a second. Sure resto druids are fine.

Maybe you should stop being so bad, are you basing this game around duels or something?

Rejuv, Swiftmend, Lifebloom.....these things combined may not heal for a lot, but they sure as hell do not require hard casting.  Can't get a DK off you?  Assuming this is 3v3 it's not hard to get away from a DK at all (Unless TSG), there's this thing called travel form and peels.  You should be able to get away and cast a regrowth off/NS to fall off or you need to play with different partners.

Not to  mention instant cast Regrowths in tree form.

This entire season, including post 4.1 I never have/had near the problems with DKs on my Druid as I do with my Paladin, and I'm complete shit with my Druid.  It's even mentioned here once in this thread, Priests are worse off vs. DKs aswell, so please stop crying.

#13 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication

Posted 30 April 2011 - 05:53 PM

View PostShamanizer, on 30 April 2011 - 05:06 PM, said:

If you dont think druids are miles better than paladins you're wrong.
I'm always right.
Posted Image

#14 yusehz

yusehz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • RBG: 2465
  • Locationchina

Posted 30 April 2011 - 06:06 PM

solution: reroll sham
Posted Image
www.twitch.tv/yusehz
www.youtube.com/user/yusehz/

#15 Okada

Okada
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Arathor
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 30 April 2011 - 06:41 PM

Travel Form isn't as effective vs DKs as Druids might expect, given that Desecrate re-applies instantly. As has been mentioned above, Desecration forces you to use every GCD switching in/out of form whilst jumping. It works eventually, granted, but BoF/Priest 4set/Shaman GW form, all negate it with one GCD afaik. If Druids are at all designed around the ability to kite to avoid damage, rather than healing through it, then something more solid is needed. I'm currently very jealous of GW form.

Druid HoTs do seem rather weak right now. My teammates are having to switch defensive more frequently than ever before, just so I can keep up. It's getting very frustrating always switching LB stacks around in a mad rush to survive.

Shamans/Priests seem to have the best of it right now.

Edited by Relinor, 30 April 2011 - 06:43 PM.

#16 Whiteout

Whiteout
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • RBG: 2616

Posted 30 April 2011 - 06:46 PM

I have more problems vs DKs (Mostly in Cleave teams) than any other class, but it is still no where near as bad as s5.

Edited by Whiteout, 30 April 2011 - 06:50 PM.

#17 snackbacon

snackbacon
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • RBG: 2437

Posted 30 April 2011 - 06:48 PM

View PostVizeverza, on 30 April 2011 - 05:51 PM, said:

Maybe you should stop being so bad, are you basing this game around duels or something?

Rejuv, Swiftmend, Lifebloom.....these things combined may not heal for a lot, but they sure as hell do not require hard casting.  Can't get a DK off you?  Assuming this is 3v3 it's not hard to get away from a DK at all (Unless TSG), there's this thing called travel form and peels.  You should be able to get away and cast a regrowth off/NS to fall off or you need to play with different partners.

This entire season, including post 4.1 I never have/had near the problems with DKs on my Druid as I do with my Paladin, and I'm complete shit with my Druid.  It's even mentioned here once in this thread, Priests are worse off vs. DKs aswell, so please stop crying.

Yeah, you're right. LB/rejuv/swiftmend dont require casting. But they are also nowhere near enough to outheal a dk. Absolutely no where close. Travel form and run away? I would love to, except there are 5 desecrations all over the map that I can't kite you through, so I fall even farther behind in healing. And don't give me that crap about partners peeling either. A paladin's partners can peel just as easily and the pally can heal himself up.

I'm not saying druids are worse than paladins, but rather both are in an awful place right now.

#18 Spooksrus

Spooksrus
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 30 April 2011 - 07:05 PM

druid is still 5x better than hpal

#19 Zilex

Zilex
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 30 April 2011 - 07:13 PM

Overall druids are in a better spot than holy pallies atm and not by much either, but a druid will die much faster with a dk/x on him hands down.

#20 Baulterexlol

Baulterexlol
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • RBG: 2297

Posted 30 April 2011 - 07:23 PM

View PostVizeverza, on 30 April 2011 - 05:51 PM, said:

This entire season, including post 4.1 I never have/had near the problems with DKs on my Druid as I do with my Paladin, and I'm complete shit with my Druid.

Regrowth lol jk oom.

Probably because the dks you play in the 2100 bracket don't have bindings or brains.

Sounds like paladin QQ to me. Paladins are trash, get over it. Make an alt. You rolled a class that is only ever extremely overpowered or insanely bad. It's never balanced. If you think druid is so easy compared to paladin why don't you play on it more? Until you can compete at the top level of druid play, you have no idea how it is.

I'm a druid, and every time I see a druid appear on gladius, I'm relieved. That's sad. And then we only get like 5 points because there are no resto druids above 2600 on my bg.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<