boathouse
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/1/2/1/2
  • RBG: 1590

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:26 PM

Trying to get back into my lock so Ive been watching some streams/videos of locks playing and i notice that some players have thier Felhunter passive for long periods of time in matches. Why exactly is this? Is it just to make sure they are in range for a Spell Lock on a specific target? I have had it happen a few times already that i need to spell lock someone but i have the Felhunter on the wrong target or just out of range. How do you all control your pet and keep them in the right range for a certian target all the time. The water elemental isnt to hard to control but the Felhunter seems much more clutch to matches and requires more control.
Posted Image

#2 brosearch

brosearch
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2269

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:28 PM

even before patch if you saw a lock who had his pet on passive for a majority of the match it was for a few reasons. he was either too lazy to bind pet attack, or he is not mentally capable of tracking when he needs to have it in range for cs or if he needs to pull it back so it doesnt die.

the bottom line is that the pet should be attacking for a vast majority of the game especially now since the felhunter does really good dmg. pull him back or put him on a move to point if you know you need to do that to land a cs, or pull him back if he is getting cleaved down.

#3 Xamppa

Xamppa
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: ./././././.

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:41 PM

Almost always keep your pet on target with 3 dots for maxium damage output, damage is way too big to left on passive (or even somebody with 0 dots), only expection is when your going to spell lock you have to move it to spell lock target.
Posted Image

#4 Qlimaxx

Qlimaxx
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction 0/0/2/2/2/1
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:51 PM

Just put it on a target mainly, and put it passive for a little while when Spell Lock is coming off cooldown, so the pet is not out of range/ out of LOS. Then when it goes on cooldown, attack with it again.

#5 Trippleh

Trippleh
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Shadowmoon
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:44 AM

Pet also goes passive if the target gets CC'd, like mage mirror images.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<