Photo

thougths of 4.1 so faar?

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#141 WeezySqueezy

WeezySqueezy
  • Members

Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:35 PM

Some damage is still to high but overall the game is in a better place. I think rogues could use a slight nerf tho.

#142 Jinzai

Jinzai
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Nathrezim
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 1496

Posted 12 May 2011 - 06:01 AM

I wonder what arenas would be like if you could only run melee dps/ranged dps/healer only.

On topic though: 4.1 overall feels stable (in comparison to 4.0.6). While its not nice that one class/spec is being predominantly talked about during a patch (i.e Frost DK in 4.1 and Warrior in 4.0.6) at least the focus is not always on the same class/spec?

#143 yourmomrofl

yourmomrofl
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Vashj
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 12 May 2011 - 01:52 PM

they should revert perfma death runes for frost DK's - don't get why it was changed, 3 buttons + procc was apparently too much for a rotation? ah ye "clunky mechanic" that pve'er can't see 20+k damage attack every gcd

Alright, so I've started experimenting with alcohol (only 20 so I can't go out to bars yet) and last weekend my brother and I were chillin out, watching netflix, and I started drinking at around 10 in the morning. I get tipsy and keep around that level till about 6 PM, then after the buzz wore off I felt like shit. It wasn't necisarily a headache, the best I can describe it is how you feel when you are really fucking tired but not sleepy. Anyway I tried to get feeling better by drinking water but I didn't feel any better until I woke up the next morning.

#144 landrox

landrox
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 2/1/1/0/0/.

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:07 PM

4.1 introduced easy mode to pve gearing and gold making. it also buffed classes that didnt need them and screwed with classes that needed a buff..
resto shams went from easy mode to "THAT F#*KING TOTEM"
ret pallys got facerolled with survivabilty its a joke, especially if your playing double dps and u got a warrior or rogue on u, the only heal we have are castables without WoG which only heals about 20-30k max crit when we're below 35%
frost mages are just becoming more and more of a joke and frost dks are just stupid
cata was ment to even out the classes and it did until this patch, turns out blizz is going back to its old habits of buffing classes that dont need it

#145 ysnakke

ysnakke
  • Ysnakke
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Darkspear
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline
  • RBG: 384

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:23 AM

4.1 introduced easy mode to pve gearing and gold making. it also buffed classes that didnt need them and screwed with classes that needed a buff..
resto shams went from easy mode to "THAT F#*KING TOTEM"
ret pallys got facerolled with survivabilty its a joke, especially if your playing double dps and u got a warrior or rogue on u, the only heal we have are castables without WoG which only heals about 20-30k max crit when we're below 35%
frost mages are just becoming more and more of a joke and frost dks are just stupid
cata was ment to even out the classes and it did until this patch, turns out blizz is going back to its old habits of buffing classes that dont need it

Retribution Paladins indeed needed some kind of a nerf. Have you ever been trained by a Paladin with wings on? They did more damage than Warriors sometimes. If you are going to argument that with "you can dispel it", try to dispel it with a decent comp that says "I'm going to burst in 5 seconds", voila, 3 stacks of Grace, shield, Renew and a shitload of shit buffs from all classes.

Basically, all I read was "paladins got nerfed, qq", Ret Paladins indeed needed a nerf, and they are getting buffed in 4.2, only healer that needs a serious overhaul in PvP are Holy Paladins, but in 4.2, currently, if they buff Holy Paladins to a decent level, it will be
1. Shaman
2. Druid
3. Paladin
4. Priest

We have just went 1-6 against a TSG comp with a Frost DK in it and they dropped us 100 rating (from 2.1k to 2k), they just train me and when I run out of cooldowns, I die. Playing Warrior/Mage/Disc, so they are peeling, trust me, it's panictown in skype. The whole PvP system needs a complete review with the absurd damage introduced in it, what needs nerfing? Where do I start?

- Shaman healing + Wind Shear.
- Sub Rogues, their damage and survivability is both on top, that can't be good, at least in the current state of the game.
- Frost Mages are getting nerfed in 4.2.
- Warlock's UA dispel needs to be nerfed by 35% and instead give them some kind of a reliable burst, a semi-decent one.
- Necrotic Strike is a good ability, but 30% cast-time debuff is too much. AMS needs to be on a 1min cooldown. Hungering Cold put on 2min cooldown.
- All melee interrupts to have 15sec cooldown, or a "interrupt freedom" as it was suggested in Junkies forums that after someone lands Kick, Mind Freeze, Pummel, Wind Shear etc, on you, you get a 3-4 seconds free cast-time.
- More PvP-based changes, like CS change.
- Pushback from pets needs to be looked at. Sick and tired of having +1.0 casts from the DK pet alone.
- Mana efficiency for all Priests and proper dispel protection for Shadow.

There, 4.2 fixed the fucking game.
Posted Image

#146 Jacquelol

Jacquelol
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1053
  • 3v3: 192
  • LocationNORSWE

Posted 13 May 2011 - 08:48 AM

- All melee interrupts to have 15sec cooldown, or a "interrupt freedom" as it was suggested in Junkies forums that after someone lands Kick, Mind Freeze, Pummel, Wind Shear etc, on you, you

There, 4.2 fixed the fucking game.

I dont think giving people interrupt freedom would sort that much tbh but its hell alot annoying when being trained by example DK Warrior Restoshaman cleaves to even get 2 tick peneance.

But that could be fixd by nerfing ability for restoshamans low CD interrupts and forcing higher CD on basic interrupts from DK Warrior
PEWPEW LAZOR BEAM

#147 Numi

Numi
  • Members

Posted 13 May 2011 - 09:09 AM

The whole PvP system needs a complete review with the absurd damage introduced in it, what needs nerfing? Where do I start?

I guess the whole game needs more/higher cds, like Spellsteal in 4.2.
Think of NS with 5 sec cd or Icelance to stop people from spamming the same retarded abilities 24/7.

#148 ysnakke

ysnakke
  • Ysnakke
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Darkspear
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline
  • RBG: 384

Posted 13 May 2011 - 11:58 AM

I guess the whole game needs more/higher cds, like Spellsteal in 4.2.
Think of NS with 5 sec cd or Icelance to stop people from spamming the same retarded abilities 24/7.

I am all up in favor of hard-casts as casters, but currently, it is simply impossible. That's precisely the reason Elemental Shamans are not viable, because all their damage is hard casted, only shocks are instants, and they have a 5-7 second cooldown.

NS should be nerfed on Frost DKs, hell, even make it that they cannot use it, make a tier 3 ability in Unholy tree, I have no problem with Unholy DKs spamming NS, as Scourge Strike currently sucks.
Posted Image

#149 Anglian

Anglian
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2

Posted 13 May 2011 - 07:26 PM

I don't mind the retarded damage when playing my Resto Shaman. What I do find fucking irritating is that to be able to get a cast off against the majority of comps. I have to LoS several CC's AND Juke multiple Interupts.

Small example of what I mean.

Say i'm against RMP. Mage+Rogue are focusing me 'coz partners are doing whatever.

First I have to try juke Kick/Counterspell. Assuming I juke one of those I'll probably end up in a DF/Gouge/KS/CS/Garrote Silence for my next cast, then Kick is back off cd so I have to try juke it again. Providing I havent died by then I have to try cast another heal which'll get interupted somehow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<