Photo

Shadow is so bad now

• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

#21 Shadowtwist

Shadowtwist
  • LocationRiyadh, Saudi Arabia

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:50 AM

Simple fixes could've made spriests on par with warlocks but yeah blizzard doesn't care
Posted Image

#22 Aetarius

Aetarius
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/2/.
  • 2v2: 1974
  • 3v3: 2510
  • 5v5: 1936
  • RBG: 1970

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:51 AM

shadowplay and shadowplay with a druid healer are still very strong

its just like LSD but with less peels and insane damage right from the start
bruv

#23 Emopandah

Emopandah
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/2/0/0/2
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:52 AM

I will agree losing your dispel is a big hit, but let's be realistic. Why should SPs be viable in certain comps only due to your dispel? It shouldn't function like that. You were the only hybrid left to have a dispel. Defensive dispel. It's only fair you're losing it, because no one else has it unless they're healer specced. However, only 1 offensive dispel? If I'm reading it right, that's fucking unfair.

When rets lost their dispel they got compensated by becoming a 2nd healer, please tell me what shadow priests bring to any comp now other than being a liability?

#24 FukkenZuzah

FukkenZuzah
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Balance 1/2/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1808
  • 3v3: 2930
  • 5v5: 672
  • RBG: 2088

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:54 AM

When rets lost their dispel they got compensated by becoming a 2nd healer, please tell me what shadow priests bring to any comp now other than being a liability?

If I'm not too mistaken, priest shields, lifegrip, and healing are still in the game? Outside of our healing just now being nerfed, I still don't think rets will be 'bad', we still have our damage man. I've played ret since late vanilla/early TBC, and I'm used to ret being in a bad spot, I just enjoy playing the class/spec in general.
[13:28:58] [W From] [85:Cowmôôflage]: i will always be knows as best feral on this realm
[13:28:58] [W From] [85:Cowmôôflage]: byz

#25 deathrig2

deathrig2
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:26 AM

I will agree losing your dispel is a big hit, but let's be realistic. Why should SPs be viable in certain comps only due to your dispel? It shouldn't function like that. You were the only hybrid left to have a dispel. Defensive dispel. It's only fair you're losing it, because no one else has it unless they're healer specced. However, only 1 offensive dispel? If I'm reading it right, that's fucking unfair.

Bringing in the only hybrid thing is a lame argument. Rets got gutted come 4.1 because they have a super long cd on WOG now. If u dont realise rets were ok b4 4.1 because of WOG. Every hybrid brings something else to the table. Dont talk bout ele is a broken spec

We are not asking for homogenization of classes, Just ask urself do u see urself as ret being prone to smashes after the WOG nerf? yes

And ppl who talk bout our offheals , anything like flash heal casted will oom a spriest so quickly you will spend the next 20 seconds trying to get mana back. The only heals we can do are prayer of mending renew and shield. And pretty much rets sacred shield can absorb about 70% as much as priests power word shield.

Next , why nerf shadowfiend?

most importantly why nerf dispel magic? offensive ( not defensive)

U know it costs so much more mana to dispel than to spellsteal and obviously spellsteal is better.

How this hurts shadowpriests ? alot. Instead of dispelling twice u need to dispel 4 times thats another 7k mana and 2 more globals.

How this hurts discs? simple theres no differentiating factor btw u and a shaman who has obviously more to offer on the table.and u gonna take alot time to burst any target. Why take a priest?

And i dont even wanna compare to what ua locks and mages get this patch.

#26 deathrig2

deathrig2
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:29 AM

shadowplay and shadowplay with a druid healer are still very strong

its just like LSD but with less peels and insane damage right from the start

yea shadowplay is strong. Stronger this patch because UA does sick shit if u dispel thus no1 dares to dispel it when vamp touchs up as well.

But the thing shadow isnt good , ur comp revolves so much more around the strong dots of the UA now. and of course the gay damage that warlock buffs have.

UR pet hits 3k the warlocks shadowbite hit 15k. urs is a 4 min cooldown.

#27 Hurrdurrp

Hurrdurrp
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Nagrand
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:31 AM

So now you're bad because you lost your dispel? How about playing a bit more defensive now that your healer actually can get cc'd. Spoiled SPs! :rolleyes:

Off topic : Love the banner/avatar and profile pic, please Can i get one? <3

#28 Kelarm

Kelarm
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2922

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:35 AM

I think there's room for a really interesting dynamic with MD still being able to dispel clutch CCs, but there is definitely not going to be much reason to bring a spriest over a lock in any comp atm.

IMO what they should do is buff shadow's survivability in some way. You've never really had a lot of ways to go D, but had the dispel. But what was stupid about that is defensive dispel isn't just for the defense of the spriest, it's the whole team. So replace it with other defensive mechanics for just the spriest, easy IMO.

Official Blizzard Quote:

Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.

Finally, I understand why pvp in this game is so bad.

#29 Ellonija

Ellonija
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • RBG: 2608
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:39 AM

I don't even want to know or ask what Liberty Cleave is.

Also, whats this shadowfiend nerf I hear of? I thought he was shit already :(

Edited by Ellonija, 27 April 2011 - 10:45 AM.

Sound the charge into glory ride
Over the top of the vanquished pride

By moonlight we ride
Ten thousand side by side

#30 FukkenZuzah

FukkenZuzah
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Balance 1/2/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1808
  • 3v3: 2930
  • 5v5: 672
  • RBG: 2088

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:55 AM

Bringing in the only hybrid thing is a lame argument. Rets got gutted come 4.1 because they have a super long cd on WOG now. If u dont realise rets were ok b4 4.1 because of WOG. Every hybrid brings something else to the table. Dont talk bout ele is a broken spec

We are not asking for homogenization of classes, Just ask urself do u see urself as ret being prone to smashes after the WOG nerf? yes

And ppl who talk bout our offheals , anything like flash heal casted will oom a spriest so quickly you will spend the next 20 seconds trying to get mana back. The only heals we can do are prayer of mending renew and shield. And pretty much rets sacred shield can absorb about 70% as much as priests power word shield.

Next , why nerf shadowfiend?

most importantly why nerf dispel magic? offensive ( not defensive)

U know it costs so much more mana to dispel than to spellsteal and obviously spellsteal is better.

How this hurts shadowpriests ? alot. Instead of dispelling twice u need to dispel 4 times thats another 7k mana and 2 more globals.

How this hurts discs? simple theres no differentiating factor btw u and a shaman who has obviously more to offer on the table.and u gonna take alot time to burst any target. Why take a priest?

And i dont even wanna compare to what ua locks and mages get this patch.

Because I can put Sacred Shield on other partners. I can do 3-4 Flashes before I go completely oom, to the point where I have to plea, and I don't heal for a while after this, and then I can judge for 25% of my BASE mana over 10~ seconds, you're not the only weak hybrid healer. Shadow Priests having defensive dispel as the only non-healer left was dumb. You still have so much more than rets do, rets have a freedom, bop, and sacrifice which is mostly used to avoid CC, I do sometimes use it as a mini-pain sup though. Shamans don't have near the same ability to damage as a dics does. You can blow up a target as RMP (For instance) with Fiend, PI+Mind Spike spam, Icy Veins, and Dance. Don't pretend like this one little nerf will destroy your class. I will admit the offensive dispel wasn't necessary, that was uncalled for, so was the fiend nerf. Rets won't be destroyed in 4.1. A cooldown on WoG will make no difference to our damage, we'll still do amazing damage, but the self healing will be gone entirely, and sacred shield is nerfed, so survivability wise, it's not looking good.
[13:28:58] [W From] [85:Cowmôôflage]: i will always be knows as best feral on this realm
[13:28:58] [W From] [85:Cowmôôflage]: byz

#31 Emopandah

Emopandah
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/2/0/0/2
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:03 AM

Also, whats this shadowfiend nerf I hear of? I thought he was shit already :(

Damage was cut by atleast 50% hits for 3-4k instead of 8k+

#32 Baxtr2

Baxtr2
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Dragonmaw
  • Reckoning

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:09 AM

not being able to dispel it is #1 nerf

#33 Filovirus

Filovirus
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • RBG: 2795

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:01 PM

I don't even want to know or ask what Liberty Cleave is.

Fuck, I was going to type the same thing

#34 Naraga

Naraga
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 2268
  • 3v3: 2565
  • 5v5: 96

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:02 PM

What is the Shadowfiend nerf? Can't find it in the patchnotes.
S8 ele LSD glad S9 resto shamn glad Thunka

Druid utility is superior to shamans utility already

all the other healers should be buffed up to the point of having a way of not having to outplay 2 dps to survive

Thunka 2.0

disc is way way better than druid.

#35 tonnylol

tonnylol
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Retribution 1/2/0/2/2/0
  • LocationNorway

Posted 27 April 2011 - 03:22 PM

Off topic : Love the banner/avatar and profile pic, please Can i get one? <3

PM me with your skype, Ill make you one :)
Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one. - Bruce Lee

#36 ceiyoan

ceiyoan
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Nazgrel
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/0/0/2/0
  • Locationottawa, canada

Posted 27 April 2011 - 04:35 PM

who the fuck comes up with these retarded names for 3v3 comps. srsly liberty cleave?

Hey man, Metapod called. He said "harden the fuck up".

its like some1 comes and says they are gonna stab you next time you meet, and instead of bringing a knife to defend urself you bring just your fists and then cry about it when ur dying lol.

we fight/beat glads, relentless glads, brutal glads, wrathful glads every game. Just because youre good at arenas doesnt mean u know how to bg. -Yajirobí (highest rated RBG player at 66% win/loss)

#37 LowDeeps

LowDeeps
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

Posted 27 April 2011 - 05:19 PM

You went 12-13 today, your blatant trolling is getting a bit excessive and annoying.

OWNED
I am:
:priest: Lowdeeps on Magtheridon
:priest: Lowdeepz on Arthas
:warlock: Lowdeepz on Emerald Dream

I FUCKING HATE TALBADAR SO MUCH.

#38 Deeklol

Deeklol
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation

Posted 27 April 2011 - 05:31 PM

they need to give us another defensive ability and lower the cost of our dots
Hey, add me on LoL :)

IGN: Keklyz

#39 Deeklol

Deeklol
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation

Posted 27 April 2011 - 05:33 PM

AND LOL @ LIBERTY CLEAVE LOLOLOL
Hey, add me on LoL :)

IGN: Keklyz

#40 abrahm

abrahm
  • Members

Posted 27 April 2011 - 05:36 PM

My bad. That's death knight / mage / healer. :P

Why is it called that? I'm not trolling or anything, I just honestly want to know how that name came about.
My Mom is in her 50s, had 6 kids, still weighs 115lbs, and people think she's in her early 30s. I get comments all the time people telling me they're jealous I'm so thin, have good genes, look so young. My dad is 50 he isn't even balding, he weighs 150lbs, no beer gut, can beat guys my age in a foot race, travels the world, picks up 20 year olds in Japan.
ROFL jayru's reasoning for his "planned life"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<