saffie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2112

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:26 PM

This isn't another one of those threads where I will mention inactivity, as we all know wow has passed through same sort of things in time (especially mid seasons) but still triumphed.

My question is that, seeing ming give up, sixjax dropping wow, hydramist saying that they will launch the site next week for over a month now and even arenajunkies activity, do you think that WoW is in its deathbed right now?

Starcraft being a success as an e-sport, other games like Rift or BLC probably have an effect on this. Since the community from wow shifted their interests to other games, its not getting the attention it once did. Hence people who did things for the community either gave up or plainly slacking. Ming has been blogging for ages, he went through bankrupcy to write more and more every week, yet he gave up now. Hydramist, as a website, was a fun place to visit, check stuff out, maybe watch some streams etc. I honestly don't think they are giving the attention to the website nor the guild lately, even they gave up. More and more people left the guild, you can't find good people like james, draintrainy etc anymore, don't even know if they are playing.

The only hope in the sight for WoW right now is the upcoming tournament. But the way things are atm, even that might be cancelled. Just feels like blizzard is in too deep, and the more they struggle the deeper they get.

Just wanted to get your opinion on the matter. Just feels to me like most people who have been doing stuff for the community are giving up.

PS: Except tankz who still gets 1k+ viewers playing against 1.2k mmr'ed people on 2s B)

#2 GLopez

GLopez
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Unholy 0/1/2/2/0/2

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:29 PM

No.

#3 Twocat

Twocat
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:30 PM

Is WoW dieing? No.

Is arena dieing? Perhaps, but this is blizzards fault because arena is completely stagnant for over half a season every season.
Posted Image

#4 Pottuz

Pottuz
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:32 PM

no

To answer the OPs thread question. All the skilled players play warlock, everyone else is dumb and can't play their class to the best, Example: Hunters. That is why warlocks are OP

/thread

#5 Proditor

Proditor
  • Premium Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:32 PM

The Hydramist website is due for a re-launch anytime soon at least.
Author of Gladius

#6 tylerrau

tylerrau
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Alterac Mountains
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:34 PM

You have to remember that 90% of the people who play wow never step foot in arena and therefor really do not care what happens to it. The tournament will hardly effect anything.

#7 snackbacon

snackbacon
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2437

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:39 PM

Is pvp dying? I'd prolly say so.

Is wow dying? Probably not, too many dragon slayers

#8 Sykezilla

Sykezilla
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:41 PM

Thread number 103282035984309588235096.
Same answer as every time. No.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#9 jizoke

jizoke
  • Premium Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:45 PM

You're asking the same question that has been asked since WOTLK.
Posted Image

#10 Naraga

Naraga
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 2268
  • 3v3: 2565
  • 5v5: 96

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:51 PM

PvP is most likely dying, seeing good players quit the game every week.

WoW isn't dying and wont ever die. Pve nerds play this game aswell.

Edited by Naraga, 21 April 2011 - 05:51 PM.

S8 ele LSD glad S9 resto shamn glad Thunka

Druid utility is superior to shamans utility already

all the other healers should be buffed up to the point of having a way of not having to outplay 2 dps to survive

Thunka 2.0

disc is way way better than druid.

#11 Trikso

Trikso
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Drak'thul
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:56 PM

wow no, arena yes
2.7k nonglad Warrior commenting on RMP

overpowered

warrior reporting in

there are so many bad players at high ratings right now because they got a skill boost with 4.0.6 x.X

#12 uschearak

uschearak
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:56 PM

I think wrath truly turned alot of people off from both pvp and pve.

To fix this current situation, blizzard needs to implement one major change. They need to fix a problem asap, not 4 months when they decide to release a new patch. I mean s5 dks werent fixed for the entire season. If they would just fix any problem we encounter on the maintenance day, the player base would return to wow in a heartbeat.

Wow is THE best game ever made, with that being said, wow is also run by lazy ignorant people aka GC.

Just look at the gear models from s1-s4. all were different, all looked amazing, by far the best designs. Then s5-s9 they all look the same. its the same model with similar colors. people are tired of the lack of caring from blizz. thats what it all boils down to.

#13 urterminated

urterminated
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:59 PM

As stated above - pvp is dying and pve is not. PvE content is actually the best it has ever been i guess so there is no point for dragonslayerz to quit.

#14 GLopez

GLopez
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Unholy 0/1/2/2/0/2

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:02 PM

PVP is not dying at all. Arena participation is actually pretty high for the first season of an expansion.

#15 bighandxyz

bighandxyz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Blood 0/2/0/0/1/0
  • RBG: 2041

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:06 PM

yes for both pvp and pve

#16 saffie

saffie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2112

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:09 PM

I have to mention that I might be asking the same question that has been asked before but for completely different reasons. I am not whining about the inactivity but looking at it in a more economic way or well how much attraction it gets compared to the past. Nor am I talking about any sort of unbalance in the game.

That being said when I ask if wow is dying I mean the wow we care about the wow we play. I wouldnt spend any time on this game if it wasnt for the pvp. And most of the people in aj atm thinks the same. So my question is obviously is wow dying as an attraction and as a pvp game. There is no reason for the dragonslayers to quit as they like doing things over and over again and blizzard feeds them with what they want. Like a bad movie that feels like you have seen it before. Yet you still go and see another one just like it because its familiar and easy.

Also about the website, it might be launching soon thats not what I was saying. Its a fact that it has been down for a long time now and everytime I checked it I saw that it was going to be up next week. Which kinda proves that its been neglected.

#17 Braindeadly

Braindeadly
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Survival

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:16 PM

If there is no Arena Pass Realm, then arena is dead. Blizzard officially stated that they thought Season9 was the most balanced season yet... so I don't see what's holding them back from opening the arena pass realm... but why is it so late (if it's even coming) this time? The only reason I assume this is because they are probably waiting for 4.1 to be released.

#18 phunk

phunk
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/2/1/0/0

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:19 PM

Doomsday! OMG OMG!

PS! I couldn't help being the first troll in such a thread!

Edited by phunk, 21 April 2011 - 06:20 PM.

#19 Xonkk

Xonkk
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Ysera
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:23 PM

PvP is most likely dying, seeing good players quit the game every week.

WoW isn't dying and wont ever die. Pve nerds play this game aswell.

h3h those people who play the same game I do are nerds but i'm not because i pvp

#20 Proditor

Proditor
  • Premium Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:39 PM

Also about the website, it might be launching soon thats not what I was saying. Its a fact that it has been down for a long time now and everytime I checked it I saw that it was going to be up next week. Which kinda proves that its been neglected.

I wouldn't say it's been neglected, but there's only one person working on it and there's still stuff to do. Estimated release dates are estimated for a reason, although the estimation was pretty far off this time.
Author of Gladius

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<