Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 23:12. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

Rogue vs Mage 1v1

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Faunts0

Faunts0
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 16 April 2011 - 07:29 AM

Strictly from a duel perspective, whats the best way to win vs a mage 1v1? I know the duel is hardcore in the mages favor, but a friend and me like to do no pet no prep duels where he doesnt use ele and i dont prep. Just looking for some advice. :)

#2 Silevo

Silevo
  • Junkies

Posted 16 April 2011 - 07:46 AM

Go all out save vanish for after iceblock...(without your no prep no pet duel) prep second vanish, wait for cloak and trinket cd...re-open get another iceblock, vanish again, wait for cooldowns and kill mage, yes your waiting around in stealth for a little bit to get your vanish back up but your a rogue and you can use stealth to your advantage, cheap but not against the rules.

#3 grio

grio
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Assassination
  • RBG: 1303

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:16 AM

If the mage isn't using a pet, you can't lose.

Garrote/kidney into dance, he will block (if he trinkets instead, you will cloak/sprint, and he WILL BLOCK anyway).
Gouge him going out of block, trinket deep freeze after shattered barried procs, step/kidney after he blinks, he is dead. If you fuck up at any time, blind, sap, garrote/kidney, he is dead.

And, if the mage hasn't used his trinket yet, vanish after he trinkets blind (or garrote/kidney), wait for 30 or so secs remaining on your dance+cloak. He is dead. You get the drift...

Now when mages use snap and pet, that's a whole different story.

Edited by grio, 16 April 2011 - 08:19 AM.

#4 Elliahna

Elliahna
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/0/2/1

Posted 16 April 2011 - 10:52 AM

Vanish recup to full, rinse repeat. But realistically, even when i am dicking around as fire or arcane i shit on rogue in duels :mellow:

Edited by Elliahna, 16 April 2011 - 10:52 AM.

stop complaining you noob ass piece of fuck you dont deserve to be on aj

#5 Hyuru

Hyuru
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2237
  • LocationNOT EVEN EU

Posted 16 April 2011 - 11:49 AM

Dont think there's any way a rogue can beat a equally good mage in a duel without popping everything including prep and win the critlottery.

#6 loony

loony
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Wildhammer
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2727
  • 3v3: 3156
  • 5v5: 2469
  • RBG: 2458

Posted 16 April 2011 - 12:58 PM

ITs not possible to loose to a mager ever in a 1v1 situation. You can just trade 2 of your 1 min cds, dance, cloak. To get 1 block. Repeat and win. But even in a rushdown i cant seem to loose when im playing my rogue.

#7 Berèn

Berèn
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/0/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1588
  • 3v3: 384

Posted 16 April 2011 - 01:41 PM

rouge*
Posted Image

#8 Tazedlol

Tazedlol
  • Members
  • Unknown Raceclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Mistweaver 0/2/./././.

Posted 16 April 2011 - 03:01 PM

rouge*

1/10
Hyvä yrittää
Posted Image

#9 Treller

Treller
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 16 April 2011 - 04:26 PM

Forcing blocks and stuff with your 1 min cd's might not always work in durotar, as you are nowadays able to fly there. So if you gay it out with stealth waiting for clos and dance, the mage you're dueling could just fly up and gay it out equally too. Obviously different on arena where you cannot fly, also I only wanted to bring a hypothetical point up.

Edited by Treller, 16 April 2011 - 04:27 PM.

#10 Faunts0

Faunts0
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust

Posted 16 April 2011 - 05:49 PM

Yeah I spelled Rogue wrong on the title >.<

and the wait around in vanish for a minute strat doesn't work, as he feels this is "gay" and not arena viable as he'd pick up shadowsight. :P

#11 Literacola

Literacola
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1559
  • 3v3: 1943

Posted 17 April 2011 - 04:14 AM

ya if you ever suggest waiting in stealth for more than 20s or so in a duel, you are a shitbird
Posted Image

#12 Faunts0

Faunts0
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust

Posted 17 April 2011 - 05:47 AM

ya if you ever suggest waiting in stealth for more than 20s or so in a duel, you are a shitbird

I always felt this way too

#13 Quitefranklysup

Quitefranklysup
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Assassination
  • RBG: 2474

Posted 17 April 2011 - 04:44 PM

Feel like im going to be flamed but this usually helps me win, crip on main hand mind on off hand, the moment he reapplys ice barrier sap, open with garrote hemo rupture by this time he has gotten away and his pet has novad u. the key thing tho is that his ice barrier will break with the bleeds so throw a recup on right before the garrote silence has faded away to tank the first deepfreeze.

U could trinket first one but i like staying and saving on the rush down after block, the moment u get out sprintvanish the frostbolt thats going to hit u next preferbly before the cast goes off and do a v around to the side of him so u dont get cone of colded. cheap shot here with prep and reapply hemo the instant he blinks shs kidney if u can if ure novad recup again and smokebomb if deepfreeze is back up.

if u smokebomb and get out of the nova pop dance prep shs garrote kidney ambush ambush in the garrote silence will definently pop a block or a trinket key thing here is make sure u blind before or right when he trinkets so u can start hitting his pet for a recup then a gouge on the mage, if u havent made him block this is gonna be ure fight to live thankfully u have cloak still so u have one last shot at a iceblock. after the gouge hemo stab cloak right after hemo/when novad if u get deepfrozen before cloak, trinket and next nova cloak immediately and pop some damage onto him, however this is key time for the block that will happen.

your only tools left are vanish which is now usually back up if your lucky and gouge, shd on its way so key this is to save your shs for a kick on evo that will happen and save the gouge dr for a shs gouge dance garrote kidney ambush ambush evis burst

kinda long but helps me sometimes win thanks for reading ~Frank

#14 Lieto

Lieto
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Arthas
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • LocationKyiv. Ukraine.

Posted 17 April 2011 - 05:17 PM

You mean mages never sheep you, blink to some sort of los and eat?

Edited by Lieto, 17 April 2011 - 05:17 PM.

Shadowmelding since 2007.

#15 Lieto

Lieto
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Arthas
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • LocationKyiv. Ukraine.

Posted 17 April 2011 - 05:21 PM

Wait for him re-applying barrier — garrote, stab, evis, vanish barrier freeze, ambush, there he usually blocks. Repeat.
But i gotto say i didnt fight good mage in a while most likely.

Really? I sheep you to full health, 5 seconds later I get to eat for 3 seconds before sheep breaks, now you get a free restealth and opener on a mage, why would any mage try to do that?

Apparently when rogue cooldown spam and stay on full hp its sometimes make sense to sheep him into pet nova while eating.
Or sheep / invis / eat in a sneaky place. Since strat nr.1 of all rogue is to kill before hypo fade off, there it makes sense to sheep.

Edited by Lieto, 17 April 2011 - 05:24 PM.

#16 Literacola

Literacola
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1559
  • 3v3: 1943

Posted 17 April 2011 - 11:20 PM

You mean mages never sheep you, blink to some sort of los and eat?

does that take longer than 20s?
Posted Image

#17 Cozenerlol

Cozenerlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/1/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1901
  • 3v3: 2157
  • RBG: 1525
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 April 2011 - 12:36 AM

Spam Cooldowns and pray they mess up.

Cloak dat Deep Freeze, it intimidates them.
Posted Image

#18 Silevo

Silevo
  • Junkies

Posted 18 April 2011 - 10:42 PM

Hey you guys wanted a sure fire way to beat a mage in a duel. Yeah sitting in stealth for 1-3 min is boring but we are rogues and if we dont use our abilities to their fullest then your not playing the class to its full potential. Duels are duels throw a pillar in the mix of a duel and ill never lose to a mage 1v1. Fighting in an open field against a mage and not using your character to its full potential will result in a loss, but then again duels = skill amirite?

#19 Thing_one

Thing_one
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1838
  • 3v3: 2127
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationArizona State University

Posted 20 April 2011 - 04:48 AM

Use Mind Numbing

Garrote - Kidney Shot to prevent blink

If he trinkets , either vanish and ambush or trinket and backstab should he immediately deepfreeze you.

Save blind for after trinket.

#20 Lieto

Lieto
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Arthas
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • LocationKyiv. Ukraine.

Posted 20 April 2011 - 12:58 PM

Save blind for after trinket.

Whats the point to blind a mage? His pet is attacking you and there is also a decent chance that he got pet nova ready.
Also those 8 seconds are working for the mage due to low blink/nova/coc/barrier cooldown.

I am starting to think that trinketing garrote silence is a decent for mages.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users