• Curse Sites
Help

So long online poker (FBI seized PS/FTP/UB)

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Tbagsupreme

Tbagsupreme
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 15 April 2011 - 08:53 PM

http://money.cnn.com...ndex.htm?hpt=T2

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- The founders of the three largest Internet poker companies have been indicted for running illegal gambling operations, federal law enforcement officials said Friday.

The United States Attorney in New York unsealed the indictment against eleven people, including the founders of PokerStars, Full Tilt Poker, and Absolute Poker. The charges include bank fraud, money laundering and illegal gambling offenses.

The sweeping 52-page indictment alleges that the companies, based offshore, used "fraudulent methods" to get around U.S. anti-gambling laws "and to receive billions of dollars from U.S. residents who gambled through the Poker Companies."

The authorities also issued restraining orders against more than 75 bank accounts, and seized five Internet domain names used by the companies to host their illegal poker games.

The companies allegedly arranged for the money from U.S. gamblers to be disguised as payments to hundreds of non-existent online merchants for the purchase of jewelry and golf balls, according to the indictment.

The defendants include Isai Scheinberg and Paul Tate of Poker Stars; Raymond Bitar and Nelson Burtnick of Full Tilt Poker; and Scott Tom and Brent Beckley of Absolute Poker.

"As charged, these defendants concocted an elaborate criminal fraud scheme, alternately tricking some U.S. banks and effectively bribing others to assure the continued flow of billions in illegal gambling profits," U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara said in a statement.

Prosecutors also filed civil charges against the poker companies and several individual "payment processors," seeking at least $3 billion in penalties.

The payment processors, Ryan Lang, Ira Rubin, Bradley Franzen and Chad Elie, allegedly obtained U.S. bank accounts that the poker companies used to launder gambling money.

Prosecutors also alleged that John Campos, a part owner of SunFirst Bank in Utah, agreed to process Internet gambling transactions in exchange for a $10 million investment in his bank by one of the other defendants.

Campos and Elie were arrested Friday, prosecutors said. Franzen is scheduled to appear for his arraignment Tuesday in New York.

Prosecutors said they are working with Interpol and foreign agencies to secure the arrest of the remaining defendants, who are not presently in the United States.

"These defendants, knowing full well that their business with U.S. customers and U.S. banks was illegal, tried to stack the deck," said Janice Fedarcyk, FBI assistant director-in-charge. "They lied to banks about the true nature of their business. Then, some of the defendants found banks willing to flout the law for a fee."

I'm fucking livid because I still have money in my FTP account, though happy at the same time it's less than $500.  Have a few friends with $1,000+ in their accounts and no way now to get it out.  All of their bank accounts are frozen so even if you could physically cash out in the program it won't even go thru.  ughhhhh

#2 Opix

Opix
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arcane
  • RBG: 2517

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:11 PM

serious business

#3 Tbagsupreme

Tbagsupreme
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:17 PM

PokerStars is not allowing US players to play cash games/tournies, or withdraw any money atm.

People on 2+2 are saying that this is a move to eliminate competition for when the gov't opens its own, regulated and taxed, poker site.

The US Gov't wants 2.5B and all the rights to FTP, PS, and AP:

http://img848.images...4/captureqs.png

holy fucking blackmail

#4 Vexo

Vexo
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Combat 2/2/2/0/0/2

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:32 PM

:(

#5 Toxaa

Toxaa
  • LocationKiev

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:40 PM

I hope FTP and PS have funds to cover all the panic withdrawals made today and prolly tomorrow

#6 Tbagsupreme

Tbagsupreme
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:52 PM

I'd be super worried about it being lost in limbo or the check bouncing.

#7 romeojustdie

romeojustdie
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Smolderthorn
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 15 April 2011 - 11:11 PM

my withdraw from PS was approved but I doubt I will see it anytime soon. sad day for poker players

#8 Shakedown

Shakedown
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Burning Legion
  • Vindication
  • Talents: ./././././.

Posted 16 April 2011 - 01:08 AM

There goes my bank roll, sick

#9 Disstance

Disstance
  • Members
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 16 April 2011 - 01:18 AM

fucking fascists
"Love should be put into action!"
screamed the old hermit.
Across the pond an echo
tried and tried to confirm it.

#10 KennyEU

KennyEU
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Marksmanship
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 16 April 2011 - 01:22 AM

Just did a cashout request then at UB (lol, why did I need to start playing at UB exactly 4 days ago >_<)

can prob say goodbye to 1500$ then?

#11 Thebro

Thebro
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 16 April 2011 - 01:27 AM

Wow that's fucked up.

#12 Tbagsupreme

Tbagsupreme
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 16 April 2011 - 01:38 AM

The FBI just river ratted us all

#13 Ispen

Ispen
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Frostwhisper
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:02 AM

They only took down big sites. Almost all medium/small sites are up and running. Bodog, Doyle's Room, Cake etc. I hope it's not a situation of US banning online poker but shutting down sites that are involved with criminal activities such as money laundry etc.

#14 nstomper

nstomper
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Fire
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 17 April 2011 - 01:39 PM

I have $4700 "frozen" on full tilt.

#15 Ispen

Ispen
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Frostwhisper
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 17 April 2011 - 05:02 PM

AJ BBV lol.

#16 Jayru

Jayru
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Bloodfeather
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Survival

Posted 17 April 2011 - 05:11 PM

Hurr durr lets go after poker sites for running a legit but albeit "illegal" business while letting Goldman Sachs and such other corporations "legally" run off with taxpayer money.  These online poker sites didn't crash the US (world's) economy which is why they need to come down.

#17 Rice

Rice
  • Junkies

Posted 19 April 2011 - 11:22 PM

"These defendants, knowing full well that their business with U.S. customers and U.S. banks was illegal, tried to stack the deck," said Janice Fedarcyk, FBI assistant director-in-charge.

lol

#18 Ponbo

Ponbo
  • Moky
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 19 April 2011 - 11:39 PM

honestly i was hoping for more poker references in the FBI's statements

come on, no "know when to fold em", "bad beat for FTP", or "we called their bluff"?

color me disappointed
You can't always trust Wikipedia. My Wikipedia page says I'm an American astronaut sex-god, and that's just not true. I was never an astronaut.

#19 Ponbo

Ponbo
  • Moky
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 19 April 2011 - 11:44 PM

View Postcadetkelly003, on 17 April 2011 - 05:11 PM, said:

Hurr durr lets go after poker sites for running a legit but albeit "illegal" business while letting Goldman Sachs and such other corporations "legally" run off with taxpayer money.  These online poker sites didn't crash the US (world's) economy which is why they need to come down.

lol, some great logic at work here
You can't always trust Wikipedia. My Wikipedia page says I'm an American astronaut sex-god, and that's just not true. I was never an astronaut.

#20 Kelarm

Kelarm
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • RBG: 2922

Posted 07 May 2011 - 04:54 AM

Biggest bad beat of my career  :rolleyes:
Posted Image

Official Blizzard Quote:

Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
Finally, I understand why pvp in this game is so bad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<