#21 Hendie

Hendie
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 06 April 2011 - 01:15 PM

Also if u think Druids mana needs nerfing maybe your not spam healing enough?! :D
www.twitch.tv/Hendiee

#22 Mayes

Mayes
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1732

Posted 06 April 2011 - 01:44 PM

View PostTopdaawg, on 06 April 2011 - 10:06 AM, said:

then you want him to cast regrowth and open his school/stand still making him vulnerable to cc?.

hey whats that class called that has to do that to cast every single heal again?

#23 Cutcut

Cutcut
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow
  • RBG: 1942
  • LocationBærum, Norway

Posted 06 April 2011 - 02:15 PM

View PostHendie, on 06 April 2011 - 01:15 PM, said:

Also if u think Druids mana needs nerfing maybe your not spam healing enough?! :D
I dont play druid, just rarely see them go oom.
Spoiler
When I mentioned Aura Mastery I should probably have thought it thru a bit more, ofc I dont want shaman buffs, el oh el.
Fixxo, Cutcutpewpew, Phasm, Mixz(i)FREELOADER

#24 Enimos

Enimos
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Elemental 2/1/2/1/1/1/.
  • 2v2: 2497
  • 3v3: 2879
  • 5v5: 2714
  • RBG: 1907

Posted 06 April 2011 - 02:25 PM

I once GHW'd myself for 73k. Not to mention the 30% extra from Ancestral Awakening
Posted Image

#25 harmfull

harmfull
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 06 April 2011 - 02:55 PM

yea i feel resto druids r pretty gymped esp wit hte whole lifebloom nerf, a small buff to regrowth is in order not too huge but at least something.  When i play on my druid i always feel im behind on healing, but then again its because all i face on the ladders are warrior teams =x

#26 Timoxa

Timoxa

Posted 06 April 2011 - 03:03 PM

Cast silence on silly shaman:
Spoiler

#27 Pacmanyo

Pacmanyo
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:05 PM

Druids are fine if no warriors or lsd yo !

Oh yeh meeting 15 different KFCs np.

Edited by Pacmanyo, 06 April 2011 - 04:06 PM.

Zilea said:

Making cyclone dispellable would definitely make the game more balanced.

But seriously. Yes, cyclone needs to be dispellable (DEFINITELY the feral cyclone, that's for damn sure). That doesn't mean druids wouldn't be compensated elsewhere, which is what I hope druids defending undispellable cyclones understand. Making cyclone dispellable would definitely make the game more balanced.

#28 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:59 PM

Regardless of numbers, if Druid throughput needs to be increased then it DEFINTELY needs to be increased through a casted heal. A lot of Resto druids here seem to think that just my spamming instant hots on something, they should be able to heal through all of the other team's damage. That's horrible design and is what made Resto druids so ridiculous in late-Wotlk.

I'm all for buffing druid casted heals such as regrowth or healing touch. Making druids have viable casted heals would go a long way for encouraging balance.

Fourreur said:

we have to switch to them making the decision to pop reck or not to pop reck

#29 Rizzo

Rizzo
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage

Posted 06 April 2011 - 05:04 PM

View PostMayes, on 06 April 2011 - 01:44 PM, said:

hey whats that class called that has to do that to cast every single heal again?

Ya but it's not even worth trying to cast a regrowth on a teammate to get a 12k heal while just exposing your school if the other team has like 90 interrupts. We can't even cast nourish or healing touch because its a 2.9 sec cast no matter what, and no one is speccing 3 points to reduce that crap.  and trying to get cyclones off against shaman+lock teams is freaking ridiculous.  

pushback from the pet and shock on a 6 sec cd.  plus after you juke a shock you have to deal with grounding and by the time you juked and used the global on breaking grounding.  There's no way you are getting that clone off because that 3 seconds you wasted has your teammates at 10% and what do we do to bring a teammate up from 10%?  NS+HT crits for like 27k, pathetic.  If your target is getting spam purged you cant even finish the global after a rejuv to swiftmend, and even spam purging lifebloom isnt going to keep your teammate alive.  Its like in the same boat UA was.  Spam purging lifebloom when there is mass pressure on someone is not going to keep him up.  Only hope is to pop tree and hope to not get insta cc chained for 20+ seconds and burn all your mana spamming regrowth.
Looking to edit any gameplay or arena montages.  A lot of experience.  You can contact me via PM or on Skype (riizzoo90) and we can talk.

#30 Hendie

Hendie
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 06 April 2011 - 05:40 PM

View PostRizzo, on 06 April 2011 - 05:04 PM, said:

Ya but it's not even worth trying to cast a regrowth on a teammate to get a 12k heal while just exposing your school if the other team has like 90 interrupts. We can't even cast nourish or healing touch because its a 2.9 sec cast no matter what, and no one is speccing 3 points to reduce that crap.  and trying to get cyclones off against shaman+lock teams is freaking ridiculous.  

pushback from the pet and shock on a 6 sec cd.  plus after you juke a shock you have to deal with grounding and by the time you juked and used the global on breaking grounding.  There's no way you are getting that clone off because that 3 seconds you wasted has your teammates at 10% and what do we do to bring a teammate up from 10%?  NS+HT crits for like 27k, pathetic.  If your target is getting spam purged you cant even finish the global after a rejuv to swiftmend, and even spam purging lifebloom isnt going to keep your teammate alive.  Its like in the same boat UA was.  Spam purging lifebloom when there is mass pressure on someone is not going to keep him up.  Only hope is to pop tree and hope to not get insta cc chained for 20+ seconds and burn all your mana spamming regrowth.

what game are you playing seriously :S
www.twitch.tv/Hendiee

#31 Smooch

Smooch
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 06 April 2011 - 05:41 PM

First off, Riizzoo sucks. Second, I have to agree that regrowth needs to be redesigned to meet similar healing output of other healing classes "flash" heals. Maybe even getting rid of the regrowth crap h.o.t. with just more upfront healing.

#32 Hendie

Hendie
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 06 April 2011 - 05:42 PM

thing is if regrowth is changed then the whole tree of life needs changing, wouldnt it be easier to make helaing touch or nourish actually useable again ? :P
www.twitch.tv/Hendiee

#33 Smooch

Smooch
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 06 April 2011 - 05:51 PM

True those would be better options for quick fixes but I would not want to see it in healing touch due to its cast time atm and all the interrupts in the game(srsly 6 second cd on wind shear).

#34 Zorbis

Zorbis
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:03 PM

all they need to do to make rdruids less shitty is reduce treeform cd and reduce its duration too, like 1.5 min cd with 15 sec duration. unless im fighting kfc it doesnt take me 31 seconds to top someone off

and yes druid healers are shitty compared to other healers atm because of clunky design

#35 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:34 PM

View PostHendie, on 06 April 2011 - 05:40 PM, said:

hendie #1  B)

Fourreur said:

we have to switch to them making the decision to pop reck or not to pop reck

#36 bighandxyz

bighandxyz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Blood 0/2/0/0/1/0
  • RBG: 2041

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:23 PM

View PostTuhka, on 06 April 2011 - 10:04 AM, said:

Thats just ignorance. To get a 50k heal, you need to have Earthshield on target, Focused Insight talent (which everyone doesnt even take because it makes the shaman fall back in mana), frost / flame / earth shock an enemy, or use unleash elements to unleash earthliving and then successfully cast a greater healing wave, which needs to crit. Always needs at least 2 globals.

lol no. 50k heals are easily achieved. I have critted 95k greater healing wave (target @ 50%, ~70k heal + 20k ancestral healing, on self) with frost shock + UE setup, which both have short cooldowns.

if you only do 50k crit, then you are probably healing someone at 100% hp and at low end of crit or not factoring in ancestral healing

Edited by bighandxyz, 06 April 2011 - 07:24 PM.

#37 Rizzo

Rizzo
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage

Posted 07 April 2011 - 04:00 AM

View PostHendie, on 06 April 2011 - 05:40 PM, said:

World of Cantcastunlessitsinstantcraft:  CCataclysm
Looking to edit any gameplay or arena montages.  A lot of experience.  You can contact me via PM or on Skype (riizzoo90) and we can talk.

#38 wyLLL

wyLLL
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Restoration 2/0/2/1/2/0

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:24 PM

View PostRizzo, on 07 April 2011 - 04:00 AM, said:

World of Cantcastunlessitsinstantcraft:  CCataclysm

+1

And bring Nourish back.

#39 Baulterexlol

Baulterexlol
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • RBG: 2297

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:42 PM

The reason our healing is so trash is because our class is balanced around CC. I totally agree with this and think it's a good thing. There's only a few problems with that. Shaman's are out of control right now. It's extremely hard and annoying to cast against lock/shaman/x teams. Here on Rampage US, there are tons of WLS' and LSD's. If you choose to play shadow priest/druid/x, these teams hard counter you since Shamans counter Spriests and Druids. If you play without a Spriest, I'm sure you know what it's like to be CCd forever. With Mage's CC being instant (deep-->ring), it's technically unavoidable. After ring, you're really susceptable to another CC from another class, assuming you didn't trinket ring and don't have trinket for the next incoming CC. So basically, you sat through a 4 second deep, a 8 second ring, and a 6-8 second followed up CC. This is approximately 20 seconds of unavoidable CC that you have to recover from. This is where the problem is with our healing. Since CC is key for our class, it almost seems to make more sense to blow our NS on defensive cyclones while coming out of CC because our HoTs can barely heal through a single dps (depending on the class, of course).

Anyway, I also feel that there are way too many interrupts out right now on such a short CD. It's really dumb for our main defensive ability to be such a short range hard casted ability, considering fear range is 5 yrds longer and faster cast. Lock/shaman/x makes our class mechanics useless if they play it correctly.

I'd love to see our heals be a bit stronger and a few yards added onto cyclone or something and them take away some of our mana efficiency. I play priest druid and shaman (all healing) and the easiest class to get drinks off on is my druid. Idk I haven't thought about these changes and their "big-picture" effects, but I know what our problems are. I really like the current state of druid vs priest... But druid vs shaman is such an uphil fight for the druid. They are way too strong right now. Think about it.. Any good druid comps out right now are pretty much all better with a shaman. Not going to mention pallys for obvious reasons.

Edited by Baulterexlol, 07 April 2011 - 05:56 PM.

#40 Rizzo

Rizzo
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:59 PM

ya John i've thought about that a lot, except EVERY comp is better with a shaman lol.  People would rather play with someones alt blue geared shaman than a fully geared druid.  I was getting crit for 20k+ healing surges by a level 83 shaman...  Also, when we get put in those cc chains like you said,  our recover healing is just god awful.  When we come out of the cc and have to use the next 4.5 seconds stacking lifebloom and rejuv and throwing a swiftmend but your teammate is probably getting spammed purged anyway.  The only way to recover sometimes is just to pop tree and use all your mana on regrowths but thats once every 3 mins.  Shamans do need some heavy nerfs in their whole interrupt department, 6 second cd ranged interrupt o.O. Even grounding needs a nerf.  The way it is now, shamans are even better than druids at not getting poly'd.  Pretty funny.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<